PDA

View Full Version : 100 Ron Paul supporters MOVE to NH for 1 Month

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I am seriously considering moving to New Hampshire for 1 month to help win this CRUCIAL primary for Ron Paul. Although this will involve a financial sacrifice and being away from my family, I believe that winning this state is worth it. If 100 FULL TIME Ron Paul activist descend on this state for 30 days, I believe we could MAKE THE DIFFERENCE! The primaries have now been pushed up to Dec. 11th, this means we have 54 days to obtain a majority of vote. We can work together to make this happen! Ron Paul is rumored to be moving to the Live Free or Die state LET'S FOLLOW HIM THERE!

Are there 100 patriots in America who will join me?

DeadheadForPaul
10-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm doing some time in SC!

steph3n
10-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Get up there and get the word out one on one, best way to do it!

PMatt
10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Has it been confirmed that it's been pushed up to Dec 11?

ValidusCustodiae
10-19-2007, 01:25 PM
You had to be registered Republican or independent by October 12. That day has come and passed. You could spread the word, however.

jd603
10-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I will consider offering a place to crash to single women between the ages of 21 and 30.

;)

I am seriously considering moving to New Hampshire for 1 month to help win this CRUCIAL primary for Ron Paul. Although this will involve a financial sacrifice and being away from my family, I believe that winning this state is worth it. If 100 FULL TIME Ron Paul activist descend on this state for 30 days, I believe we could MAKE THE DIFFERENCE! The primaries have now been pushed up to Dec. 11th, this means we have 54 days to obtain a majority of vote. We can work together to make this happen! Ron Paul is rumored to be moving to the Live Free or Die state LET'S FOLLOW HIM THERE!

jd603
10-19-2007, 01:29 PM
"Undeclared" independents can vote for whoever they want though.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070611/news_1n11campaign.html

You had to be registered Republican or independent by October 12. That day has come and passed. You could spread the word, however.

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I will consider offering a place to crash to single women between the ages of 21 and 30.

;)

Too bad I don't fit the bill :(

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
If each volunteer only got 3 votes per day it would amount to 9,000 votes!!! That could push us over the top.

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm doing some time in SC!

Thank you brother

DaronWestbrooke
10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Admin Edit: Post Deleted. Do not encourage voter fraud. Thanks.

jumpyg1258
10-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Too bad I don't fit the bill :(

You could always get an operation to fix that. ;) heheh

katao
10-19-2007, 02:11 PM
That is a great idea. IF we have some people we can crash with, and pay rent for the month so it looks legal (along with getting an address), something like this may work.

Have a Move for the Primary event. We can treat it like a vacation. We just need to make sure to do this quick enough we can get our identification switched over and get one or two bills at our new address to make it legal.

Nah, not to vote, but to canvas neighborhoods winning votes for Ron Paul.

Here's how you do it:

Create some pledges (for the 4 key states - NH, Iowa, SC, NV). And let the amount of time in the pledge be up to the individual (1 month, 2 weeks, even 1 day could help).

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Nah, not to vote, but to canvas neighborhoods winning votes for Ron Paul.

Here's how you do it:

Create some pledges (for the 4 key states - NH, Iowa, SC, NV). And let the amount of time in the pledge be up to the individual (1 month, 2 weeks, even 1 day could help).

This is a very good idea, this way people can join in around the country.

This project should be separate from what in-state supporters are already doing.

Having the goal of 100 supporters for 30 days could just as well be 200 supporters for 14 days, 1000 supporters for 3 days.

If we can get others onboard I will look into renting a Ron Paul House where we can all bunk up and split the bills (perhaps there is a landlord out there supporting Dr. Paul who can cut us a break!)

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I am dead serious about this... just got my home equity line of credit ;)

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 03:46 PM
bump

terlinguatx
10-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I was planning on coming in late december for a few weeks. College doesnt start back up until late january. However, I'm upset to hear that they've moved the primary to the 11th! Has this been confirmed?

kylejack
10-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Admins, that's not voter fraud. That's legit.

daviddee
10-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I am planning on going up shortly after Thanksgiving.

I used to live in Rockingham County so I am very familiar with Southern New Hampshire (northern-east Massachusetts)...

ItsTime
10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
75% of the state of New Hampshire can vote for Ron Paul

d_goddard
10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
This is a great idea!!
Those of us doing lit drops and sign waves can always use more help.

There are a few things I would STRONGLY suggest if you plan to visit NH over the next 1-2 months for the sake of helping the campaign:
1. Join the main NH RP meetup group (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6)

2. Maybe NH is right for you, check out the Free State Project (http://freestateproject.org).

3. Post on the NHFree Ron Paul 2008 sub-forum (http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0). Many people there will be happy to help you find a place to stay, or maybe even work (http://www.freestateproject.org/nhinfo/jobs/)

4. Attend any of the events organized by the NH Liberty Alliance (http://nhliberty.org). If none are happening while you're in-state, send me an email at research@nhliberty.org and I'll arrange a hands-on working trip to the NH State House. Trust me, once you've seen just how truly open and grassroots the political process is in NH, it will blow your mind.

5. Attend the NH Liberty Forum (http://freestateproject.org/libertyforum). Virtually every activist in the state will be there; Dr. Paul will likely be there, too, if the date is favorable with the primary.

Sean
10-19-2007, 04:46 PM
If you get a lot of people to do this maybe you can get together on rent, The perfect idea would be a large building with a shower and bathrooms. Just sleep on a cot for a few weeks while you are campaigning and save on money.

VoteRonPaul2008
10-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Do It!!!

wgadget
10-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Man, I wish I weren't married with children!

katao
10-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Make it a family vacation for a week! How can people turn away slimjims handed to them by kids?!

d_goddard
10-19-2007, 05:50 PM
If you get a lot of people to do this maybe you can get together on rent

Like I said... if you're serious, post over on NHFree (http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0). There are already several "crash pads" open for visiting Ron Paul campaigners and Free-Staters at various locations in New Hampshire.

As for children... there are sign waves all the time, and many of us bring our kids to them. My son is 3 years old and loves holding up the signs. You'll see everything from strollers to teen-agers helping their parents with the Ron Paul activism.

This is reality, people... activists are mobilized all over NH, and we need your help!

wgadget
10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Wow, next thing, you're gonna be telling me that this is a historical moment and we should be happy to be a part of it...

Bruehound
10-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Wow, next thing, you're gonna be telling me that this is a historical moment and we should be happy to be a part of it...

This is no smaller than the fall of the Berlin Wall baby!

We swing the first hammers in New Hampshire.

http://freestateproject.org
http://nhfree.com

Ron Paul is the ONLY Republican that can beat Hillary

Geronimo
10-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Bump

CAKochenash
10-19-2007, 11:24 PM
so we need 100 people to pledge and some sort of way to donate to keep you all afloat? The clock is ticking...anything I can do to help with he exception of the move?...i have used all my vacation at work and cannot leave.

Tidewise
10-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Uhhhh ... what's the temperature going to be in New Hampshire in December?
/shivers in San Diego

Paul4Prez
10-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Uhhhh ... what's the temperature going to be in New Hampshire in December?
/shivers in San Diego

West Coasters might want to consider helping organize for the Nevada caucuses on January 19th, if New Hampshire and Iowa are too far away (or too cold.)

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 11:48 PM
I am planning on going up shortly after Thanksgiving.

I used to live in Rockingham County so I am very familiar with Southern New Hampshire (northern-east Massachusetts)...

Great! Are you going to be there full time?

Thomas_Paine
10-19-2007, 11:57 PM
This is a great idea!!
Those of us doing lit drops and sign waves can always use more help.

There are a few things I would STRONGLY suggest if you plan to visit NH over the next 1-2 months for the sake of helping the campaign:
1. Join the main NH RP meetup group (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6)

2. Maybe NH is right for you, check out the Free State Project (http://freestateproject.org).

3. Post on the NHFree Ron Paul 2008 sub-forum (http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0). Many people there will be happy to help you find a place to stay, or maybe even work (http://www.freestateproject.org/nhinfo/jobs/)

4. Attend any of the events organized by the NH Liberty Alliance (http://nhliberty.org). If none are happening while you're in-state, send me an email at research@nhliberty.org and I'll arrange a hands-on working trip to the NH State House. Trust me, once you've seen just how truly open and grassroots the political process is in NH, it will blow your mind.

5. Attend the NH Liberty Forum (http://freestateproject.org/libertyforum). Virtually every activist in the state will be there; Dr. Paul will likely be there, too, if the date is favorable with the primary.

I am signed up for the Free State Project...this will be a good experience for me to visit and see how cold it really is :) I'm in AZ, praying to God that we can save our country from total dictatorship (everyone who has a heart and a brain can feel it comin...witness leftist author Naomi Wolf)

I believe that New Hampshire is BEST SHOT to win this thing. We can't win without a HUGE UPSET... NH is the best place to start:cool:

I will join forum and learn more.

Thank you so much for your help and encouragement! If free housing can be arranged I can get a few others I believe ;)

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 12:00 AM
If you get a lot of people to do this maybe you can get together on rent, The perfect idea would be a large building with a shower and bathrooms. Just sleep on a cot for a few weeks while you are campaigning and save on money.

If you could make is cost only $100 per person for up to a month, I think it could really work

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 12:03 AM

I am married with 2 small children, but I have a job that allows me to do this sort a thing. My wife is a Spartan she understands :) I would like to bring my family out IF POSSIBLE, but I am willing to leave them for month to do my part in the revolution.

libertythor
10-20-2007, 12:07 AM
How about if RP gets a prominent New Hampshire local with libertarian ideals as his running mate! That would clinch the primary.

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Like I said... if you're serious, post over on NHFree (http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0). There are already several "crash pads" open for visiting Ron Paul campaigners and Free-Staters at various locations in New Hampshire.

As for children... there are sign waves all the time, and many of us bring our kids to them. My son is 3 years old and loves holding up the signs. You'll see everything from strollers to teen-agers helping their parents with the Ron Paul activism.

This is reality, people... activists are mobilized all over NH, and we need your help!

YES!! Sound the alarm! America needs passionate freedom lovers to descend on the State of New Hamphire to make sure that every eligible voter knows of Dr. Paul's message of Peace, Liberty and Prosperity.

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 12:10 AM
This is no smaller than the fall of the Berlin Wall baby!

We swing the first hammers in New Hampshire.

http://freestateproject.org
http://nhfree.com

Ron Paul is the ONLY Republican that can beat Hillary

:)

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 12:21 AM
so we need 100 people to pledge and some sort of way to donate to keep you all afloat? The clock is ticking...anything I can do to help with he exception of the move?...i have used all my vacation at work and cannot leave.

THANK YOU

We are going to need A LOT of campaign materials

DVD'S

Bumper Stickers

Yard Signs

Tyvek...:)

Ect....

Right now I have 2000 white plastic bags and 2000 bumper stickers.

I'd like to make a "liberal" and "conservative" packet which would include literature, bumper sticker, voting information (where and when to vote in the primaries) and a DVD. I have 50+ revolution shirts but I would also like to have several with the "official" logo from the campaign, Hope For America (voters need to know that Ron Paul isn't just about the upheaval of the money changers, he's for positive change that actual IS hope for America). When the time comes some help with materials would be GREAT, thank you so much for offering your help.

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 10:31 AM
bump...

I have joined the NH Underground Forum

I am working on 2 other friends to come out as well (though not for a full month)

Getting really excited about this, my wife is too :)

DaronWestbrooke
10-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Admins, that's not voter fraud. That's legit.

Exactly, if you legally live there you can legally vote there.

sunny
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
yes,
i can do it but not for a whole month. i'm in maine. have you got a location in mind?

sunny
10-20-2007, 11:34 AM

as for the date - i spoke with a guy at the elections center in nh and she told me december 11 is NOT a date - the january 22 date is also NOT a date - the guy sounded upset cuz he said NO date has been set and the the january 22 date was some arbitrary date set by the dems and is NOT correct!

THERE IS NO DATE SET NOW!

it is yet to be decided - it is decided by the secretary of state.

i was told to give until november 1 and call back.

also, iowa IS confirmed at january 3 AND traditionally nh is 8 days later BUT this year things are different - alot of states are wanting to change their dates cuz they feel it is unfair that nh and iowa
take the lead.

this was told to me by a woman in the elections center in iowa.

(btw i told her about dr. paul and she seemed quite interested, and going to check him out!)

Perry
10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Bump for true patriots looking to serve their nation.

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 12:16 PM
yes,
i can do it but not for a whole month. i'm in maine. have you got a location in mind?

No not yet, any ideas?

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 12:18 PM
as for the date - i spoke with a guy at the elections center in nh and she told me december 11 is NOT a date - the january 22 date is also NOT a date - the guy sounded upset cuz he said NO date has been set and the the january 22 date was some arbitrary date set by the dems and is NOT correct!

THERE IS NO DATE SET NOW!

it is yet to be decided - it is decided by the secretary of state.

i was told to give until november 1 and call back.

also, iowa IS confirmed at january 3 AND traditionally nh is 8 days later BUT this year things are different - alot of states are wanting to change their dates cuz they feel it is unfair that nh and iowa
take the lead.

this was told to me by a woman in the elections center in iowa.

(btw i told her about dr. paul and she seemed quite interested, and going to check him out!)

No the Dec 11th isn't firm yet, but you can't be too safe about this, I think they will change it to that date. Read the latest email from HQ

dircha
10-20-2007, 12:53 PM
I would be very surprised if you can find 10 people here willing to do this for a month, much less 100.

You're talking about a very small percentage of the population. Primarily the (comfortably) unemployed and the retired, which aren't demographics Ron Paul does well in.

Look, our number one resource for increasing name recognition in NH should be NH college students. They are already in the area, they are in Ron Paul's prime demographic, and they have more than enough free time.

You should contact campaign HQ and volunteer in NH by yourself today and figure out what can be done to mobilize NH college students as grass roots supporters to get the word out and get literature out.

Man from La Mancha
10-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Look, our number one resource for increasing name recognition in NH should be NH college students. They are already in the area, they are in Ron Paul's prime demographic, and they have more than enough free time.

Looks like you haven't been to college. I for one was pretty busy trying to keep up with my studies 25 yr ago unless they have been that dumbed down:)

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 06:33 PM

Way to go, Sunny. I don't know about you, but it is very disappointing that there are so many people who still don't know one dang thing about Paul. Heck, but if they aren't avid internet users, how would they know? Most everything that's been done thus far has been on the internet.

So, I guess if you are on of the MILLIONS who don't spend your every waking minute on the internet, you're &^^% out of luck. And so are we, when it comes to getting their votes.

It's getting pretty late in the game. If we're going to make a move, we'd better do it NOW.

Thomas_Paine
10-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I would be very surprised if you can find 10 people here willing to do this for a month, much less 100.

You're talking about a very small percentage of the population. Primarily the (comfortably) unemployed and the retired, which aren't demographics Ron Paul does well in.

You should contact campaign HQ and volunteer in NH by yourself today and figure out what can be done to mobilize NH college students as grass roots supporters to get the word out and get literature out.

The only way to get 100 for 1 month is to communicate how this could literally swing the entire election. I want Ron Paul activists to consider how this is a worthy sacrifice of TIME, MONEY and ENERGY.

If supporters with $$ sponsor willing activist then I believe this is goal is possible.

I am asking for WILLING VOLUNTEERS. If you can possibly move to NH for 1 month but don't have the extra cash, please step forward. Once we have 100 then we can arrange the finances, that's my opinion.

Remember if we just get 3 voters per day it will add up to 9000 votes for Dr. Paul, this should be enough to take us over the top!

Bruehound
10-20-2007, 09:57 PM
The only way to get 100 for 1 month is to communicate how this could literally swing the entire election. I want Ron Paul activists to consider how this is a worthy sacrifice of TIME, MONEY and ENERGY.

If supporters with $$ sponsor willing activist then I believe this is goal is possible.

I am asking for WILLING VOLUNTEERS. If you can possibly move to NH for 1 month but don't have the extra cash, please step forward. Once we have 100 then we can arrange the finances, that's my opinion.

Remember if we just get 3 voters per day it will add up to 9000 votes for Dr. Paul, this should be enough to take us over the top!

Maybe start a pledgebank on this.

terlinguatx
10-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm in. I'm done with school in mid-december and can then work till febuary

Thomas_Paine
10-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Okay folks, you can sign-up here!

http://www.pledgebank.com/MovetoNH

Spread the word.

brumans
10-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm in. I'm done with school in mid-december and can then work till febuary

It'll be too late by then... NH Primary will most likely be in December.

skiingff
10-22-2007, 02:52 PM
All-

Anyone who moves to NH can also register to vote, up until and even on election day, and cast a vote for Ron Paul.

It's not voter fraud to do so. Even if you're moving to NH for the sole purpose of voting for Ron Paul, it doesn't matter. The state doesn't ask you why you're moving there or for how long. As long as you follow procedure, and establish a NH residence, thats one more vote for Ron Paul.

I'm in, I'm taking a break from work and running the PAC/finishing up school in WV before I get shipped to military training in a few months.

So work isn't a problem. Again, the law in NH allows NEW VOTERS to register up to and on election day. If you haven't been previously registered to vote in NH, you're a new voter...

Brandon

Thomas_Paine
10-22-2007, 03:21 PM
All-

Anyone who moves to NH can also register to vote, up until and even on election day, and cast a vote for Ron Paul.

It's not voter fraud to do so. Even if you're moving to NH for the sole purpose of voting for Ron Paul, it doesn't matter. The state doesn't ask you why you're moving there or for how long. As long as you follow procedure, and establish a NH residence, thats one more vote for Ron Paul.

I'm in, I'm taking a break from work and running the PAC/finishing up school in WV before I get shipped to military training in a few months.

So work isn't a problem. Again, the law in NH allows NEW VOTERS to register up to and on election day. If you haven't been previously registered to vote in NH, you're a new voter...

Brandon

Thank you Brandon,

I am SOOOO Excited to Vote for Dr. Paul at the NH Primaries, this is a dream come true!

Come on people, LET'S DO THIS!

brumans
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Where are you going to live?

DaronWestbrooke
10-22-2007, 03:37 PM
All-

Brandon

It is very important that we all establish an address there early enough to get a bill (like an electric bill) and ID there before the registration date.

syborius
10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I want to work full-time for the RP campaign. I am 100% free, but would need a place to crash, and or a part time job if I head out to NH. I think this is probably the most important election humanity will face. Anyone have any ideas please PM me.

mavtek
10-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Where are you going to live?

Cheap motel room.

Mark
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
I want to work full-time for the RP campaign. I am 100% free, but would need a place to crash, and or a part time job if I head out to NH. I think this is probably the most important election humanity will face. Anyone have any ideas please PM me.

Actually.. about the same here..

I'm 'free' from current employment as of a couple of weeks...

Nothing really keeping me here in NC for the time being..

If I could cover a few bills with a little extra cash from a PT job or something..

I'd go to NH..

~~~

p.s. Just signed up.. 98 to go...

Bruehound
10-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Information about legally establishing residency can be found here

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=14283.msg176490#msg176490

mavtek
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Guys I wish I could do this so bad! We need a 1000 people to move there!

Thomas_Paine
10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Cheap motel room.

Renting a large house and splitting expenses would be much more economical.

Thomas_Paine
10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Guys I wish I could do this so bad! We need a 1000 people to move there!

That'd be great, but just think of the effect of just 100! 3 votes a day per volunteer gives us 9000 votes in 30 days!

Thomas_Paine
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Information about legally establishing residency can be found here

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=14283.msg176490#msg176490

Thanks!

Thomas_Paine
10-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Actually.. about the same here..

I'm 'free' from current employment as of a couple of weeks...

Nothing really keeping me here in NC for the time being..

If I could cover a few bills with a little extra cash from a PT job or something..

I'd go to NH..

~~~

p.s. Just signed up.. 98 to go...

We need you!

Mark
10-22-2007, 04:39 PM
We need you!

Seriously.. I could probably teach DR PAUL about 'frugalness'.. ;)

I can live VERY cheaply.. food ect.. housing is the BIG expensive thing..

I DO have a 'NC Incorporated Religious Organization" (The Order of Melchizedek Inc)

if that 'matters'.. I'm NOT '501-C'... so... I'm not restrained by Fed rules..

But.. I AM ordained through the Denomination.. (Melchizedekian)

So.. Ordained Minister (just 'plain' Christian) here... if it makes ANY difference at all... ;)

( although it's not a 'mainstream church'
I'd take it to court.. if need be.. for my full legal rights as a 'minister')

Bruehound
10-22-2007, 07:57 PM
bump

TexMac
10-22-2007, 08:04 PM
http://www.seattleliberty.com/FAQ.html

What is Operation Live Free or Die?
Operation Live Free or Die is a grassroots effort to help ensure that the great State of New Hampshire -- the Live Free or Die State -- nominates Dr Ron Paul as the Republican candidate for the President of the United States.
Why New Hampshire?
New Hampshire is the first primary in the election and a strong result in it will have a snowball effect on Ron Paul's campaign. In 2004 John Kerry was polling in the low single-digits and a strong result in the first caucus instantly propelled him into the leading candidate for his party. Further, New Hampshire is an ideal first state for Ron Paul's campaign. The State's motto is "Live Free or Die" and the views of citizens of that state strongly align with Dr Paul's principles of freedom and limited government (for instance New Hampshire has no income tax or sales tax and less bureacracy than any other state). It is our job to make sure that New Hampshire citizens are aware of Dr Paul and have the chance to hear why his campaign is most compatible with the spirit of their great state.
When is the New Hampshire Primary?
The date for the New Hampshire Primary has yet to be confirmed. New Hampshire is required, by its Constitution, to be the first Primary in the election and because other states have recently moved their primaries to earlier in 2008, the Granite state has held-back on making a firm commitment about when its primary will be. Unfortunately this makes planning travel, accomodation and events in New Hampshire more difficult. It is a difficulty we will have to overcome. New Hampshire's primary may be held as early as December 11th so we have little time to lose in organizing our effort.
What plans do you have for campaigning in New Hampshire?
If we are able to gather a thousand dedicated supporters who can spend at least a week in New Hampshire before the primary we should be able to organize cavassing efforts in all the major cities of the State. I also propose that we hold three major rallies in the days before the primary. One in Corcorde, one in Portsmouth, and a final massive rally in Manchester (the largest city in the state). We need to make these events as fun as possible so we should begin brainstorming ideas such as bringing bands to the rallies and having a huge pot-luck lunch. We want to bring as many citizens of New Hampshire together to hear the positive message of Dr Paul. We will also coordinate with the official campaign to make sure Dr Paul can be present at the bigger rallies.
Won't it be costly?
The major costs will be transportation to New Hampshire and accomodation. To help mitigate these costs I think we should start organizing vacation rental homes that can hold several volunteers. My early investigation suggests we could find places that are an hour drive from the major cities which could hold 10 people and would cost about $1500 for a week (i.e., $150 per person for a week's accomodation). It may have a bit of a frat-house feel to it, but I think it will be a tremondously fun experience to camp out with other enthusiastic Ron Paul supporters, and travel around New Hampshire spreading a message we all believe is important. Another avenue that we should pursue is reaching out to the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org/) and asking them whether they would be willing to accomodate volunteers for some time before the primary.
Shouldn't I just donate to the campaign?
Please donate (https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/) as much money to the official campaign as you can. However, if you're passionate about having an impact "on the ground", in one of the most important primaries in the election, then please join us. It should be noted that campaign finance laws limit how much money you can donate to a campaign, and if you're maxed out, volunteering for Operation Live Free or Die gives you another avenue to help ensure that Ron Paul is our next President. Further, the estimated value of a dedicated volunteer is about $500 a day, so if you're able to volunteer to help for 5 days, you've already contributed more than the $2300 campaign donation limit.
Is Operation Live Free or Die associated with the offical Ron Paul campaign?
No, it is purely a grassroots effort, but I expect we will be coordinating with the official campaign as we near the New Hampshire primary.
I can't come to New Hampshire, can I help the effort in other ways?
Absolutely. We'll need help with all sorts of organizing, including finding venues for rallies, calling voters in New Hampshire, and finding accomodation for volunteers. If you're willing to volunteer to help with these efforts that would be fantastic. It would also be a great help if you could tell your friends and fellow Ron Paul supporters about this website so we can reach our goal of bringing over a thousand of Ron's most enthusiastic supporters to New Hampshire.
Who are you and why are you organizing this effort?
http://www.seattleliberty.com-a.googlepages.com/vijay_question.jpg"I flew down here from our office in Seattle to hear you talk, and to write you a check."
My name is Vijay Boyapati and I'm an Engineer at Google. Some of you may remember me from the interview with Dr Paul at Google (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg) (skip to 42:31 in the interview - that's me). I'm the fellow that flew down from Seattle to hear Dr Paul talk and to write him a check. Seattle's local newspaper, The Stranger, wrote an article (http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=284701) about my visit to Mountain View to see Dr Paul. I'm organizing Operation Live Free or Die because I believe we have a chance, a real chance, of restoring our Republic to the principles on which it was founded. We have a chance to end the undeclared, unconstitutional, murderous War in Iraq and bring our troops home -- immediately. A chance of ending the government's theft of the fruits of our labor via the IRS. A chance to run our lives as we see fit without a bureaucrat in Washington telling us what we can and cannot do. For these reason I want to do everything I can to restore freedom to our great country by electing Dr Ron Paul as President. I hope you will join me.
Ok, I'm excited about volunteering, what should I do?
Fantastic! Firstly let me thank you for your dedication and the work I'm sure you've already done to spread the word about Dr Paul. If you're committed to joining us in New Hampshire, please visit the volunteer page (http://www.seattleliberty.com/volunteer.html) and sign up.

Mark
10-22-2007, 08:37 PM

Excellent.. thx for the mega-info friend..!!

Bruehound
10-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Thank you for your leadership on this Vijay. And that is a great website too.

TexMac
10-22-2007, 09:16 PM
It looks like he was thinking the same thing you guys were. maybe you should coordinate your efforts.

Mark
10-22-2007, 09:28 PM
It looks like he was thinking the same thing you guys were. maybe you should coordinate your efforts.

My thoughts EXACTLY when I saw your post TexMac (my initials are MAC btw..) ;)

brumans
10-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Thank you. New Hampshire is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

Think of all the momentum we would get if we won New Hampshire December 11th.. and the next primary being in early January. Every single day Ron Paul would get press as winning New Hampshire and that would domino to the other states.

I don't see Ron winning the nomination if he doesn't win New Hampshire...

Thomas_Paine
10-22-2007, 11:57 PM
I just sent an email to join this Live Free or Die Project, this should be promoted BIG TIME FOLKS. I know that we need to do a lot of different diverse things to win this election but campaigning in NH is the ULTIMATE way to win the revolution.

Eric21ND
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Even 100 dedicated full-time Ron Paul supporters could do a great deal of damage there, if we could get 1000 that would amazing! You could virtually knock on every house in NH with the right planning and organization. I'm sure everyone here and elsewhere would support your efforts...that means setting up a fund for some basic expenses for you guys.

Thomas_Paine
10-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Even 100 dedicated full-time Ron Paul supporters could do a great deal of damage there, if we could get 1000 that would amazing! You could virtually knock on every house in NH with the right planning and organization. I'm sure everyone here and elsewhere would support your efforts...that means setting up a fund for some basic expenses for you guys.

That's great. We are really planning on coming. Expenses will be $4000+ for us, but I feel that it is worth it. Plus a bonus we are going to the Philly rally!

We'd like to do a video diary of our experience to encourage others to come join us. The time it NOW, if the economy collapses we'll all have a lot of extra time to think about what could have been done.