PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: "The government is going to be better (after the election) but not perfect"

bobbyw24
11-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Ron Paul hasn't decided on his own political future just yet -- namely whether he will run for president again in 2012, he said.

The Texas congressman and 2008 presidential candidate will make that call in the next three to four months, he said after a rally Friday night at the University of Iowa. For now, the midterm elections are Tuesday, and Rep. Paul, R-Texas, foresees Republicans gaining seats, which will be a good thing for the country, he said.

"I think the Republicans are going to win a lot of seats," Paul said during an interview with the Press-Citizen after the rally. "The government is going to be better (after the election), but not perfect."

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20101030/NEWS01/10300338/Paul-U-S-to-be-better-country-after-election

stu2002
11-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Bump

Madly_Sane
11-01-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't think it will really make a big difference... I mean, we're still going to have the same BS going on, still going to have fascists running the show in the shadows. The only difference is going to be who are the pawns. The dems blame the reps on everything and vice versa and then people think everything is going to get better just because we're replacing the present failure(dems) with past failure(rep)... if you look at history, you would know that this rarely ever happens. The only times we have ever really 'gotten better' is when the republicans and democrats worked together.

Honestly, I don't think this will happen.

paulitics
11-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Well, at least at the state and local level, small government types will certainly begin to make a difference. Those in the shadows may try an unplug the economy, then try and convince the people that the conservatives were to blame, for freezing up spending.

Meatwasp
11-01-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't think it will really make a big difference... I mean, we're still going to have the same BS going on, still going to have fascists running the show in the shadows. The only difference is going to be who are the pawns. The dems blame the reps on everything and vice versa and then people think everything is going to get better just because we're replacing the present failure(dems) with past failure(rep)... if you look at history, you would know that this rarely ever happens. The only times we have ever really 'gotten better' is when the republicans and democrats worked together.

Honestly, I don't think this will happen.

It would help to think more positive.

Madly_Sane
11-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Well, at least at the state and local level, small government types will certainly begin to make a difference.

Of course, the smaller portions of gov't usually are affected the most and also usually have the most power(maybe not influence :p).

MRoCkEd
11-01-2010, 08:58 AM
The government won't be perfect... Well that's the understatement of the year, Ron. lol

Madly_Sane
11-01-2010, 08:58 AM
It would help to think more positive.

I disagree, thinking positive doesn't do anything for anyone(unless you act on the postive thoughts), its actually DOING that helps.

Meatwasp
11-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Tis true . Still it helps to not put negative postulates out . it could start a gestalt

Madly_Sane
11-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Tis true . Still it helps to not put negative postulates out . it could start a gestalt
Just telling it how I see it.

Meatwasp
11-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Just telling it how I see it.

We also have the option to hold their feet to the fire if they go against their campaign promises.

Madly_Sane
11-01-2010, 09:22 AM
lol