PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: This is a Vote Against Dems, Not for the GOP

bobbyw24
11-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Voters don't want to be governed from the left, right or center. They want Washington to recognize that Americans want to govern themselves.

By SCOTT RASMUSSEN

In the first week of January 2010, Rasmussen Reports showed Republicans with a nine-point lead on the generic congressional ballot. Scott Brown delivered a stunning upset in the Massachusetts special U.S. Senate election a couple of weeks later.

In the last week of October 2010, Rasmussen Reports again showed Republicans with a nine-point lead on the generic ballot. And tomorrow Republicans will send more Republicans to Congress than at any time in the past 80 years.

This isn't a wave, it's a tidal shift—and we've seen it coming for a long time. Remarkably, there have been plenty of warning signs over the past two years, but Democratic leaders ignored them. At least the captain of the Titanic tried to miss the iceberg. Congressional Democrats aimed right for it.

While most voters now believe that cutting government spending is good for the economy, congressional Democrats have convinced them that they want to increase government spending. After the president proposed a $50 billion infrastructure plan in September, for example, Rasmussen Reports polling found that 61% of voters believed cutting spending would create more jobs than the president's plan.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703708404575586063725870380.html

Slutter McGee
11-01-2010, 08:28 AM
I would agree to a point. More importantly Republicans, unlike the Democrats need to remember the reason they were elected.

Fight spending. Do not start pushing anti-gay amendments and laws. Do not start pushing further excalation of the wars.

If the Republicans stay focused on fiscal issues, they will be fine come the next election.

Slutter McGee

MRoCkEd
11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Yep. The message here is "you suck a little less than the Democrats. Now don't screw up again."

klamath
11-01-2010, 08:43 AM
I would agree to a point. More importantly Republicans, unlike the Democrats need to remember the reason they were elected.

Fight spending. Do not start pushing anti-gay amendments and laws. Do not start pushing further excalation of the wars.

If the Republicans stay focused on fiscal issues, they will be fine come the next election.

Slutter McGee

yep.

angelatc
11-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Yep. I wish I had any real faith that the GOP cared why they were elected though.