PDA

View Full Version : If re-elected, Harry Reid Promises to Push Amnesty and the Dream Act

bobbyw24
11-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid over the weekend promised to force the Senate to vote on an immigration bill, the Dream Act, in a lame-duck session of Congress this month.

Mr. Reid, a Nevada Democrat who is in a desperate battle to keep his Senate seat, told Univision's "Al Punto," a Sunday political talk show, that he has the right as majority leader to decide what legislation reaches the floor, and said he is "a believer in needing to do something" on immigration.

In doing so, he elevated immigration to join jobs, spending and tax cuts — the issues most lawmakers expect to dominate Congress when they reconvene in November.

"I just need a handful of Republicans. I would settle for two or three Republicans to join with me on the Dream Act and comprehensive immigration reform, but they have not been willing to step forward," Mr. Reid said. "They want to keep talking about this issue, and I say [it] is demagoguery in its worst fashion and is unfair to the Hispanic community."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/oct/31/reid-promises-vote-on-aliens/

cindy25
11-01-2010, 05:27 AM
the Dream act should be divided, the part giving citizenship for military service is a good idea. similar to the French foreign legion.

but free college for breaking the law? NO

hillbilly123069
11-01-2010, 08:53 AM
This is for all those who campaign and help him to stay in office.

jmdrake
11-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid over the weekend promised to force the Senate to vote on an immigration bill, the Dream Act, in a lame-duck session of Congress this month.

Mr. Reid, a Nevada Democrat who is in a desperate battle to keep his Senate seat, told Univision's "Al Punto," a Sunday political talk show, that he has the right as majority leader to decide what legislation reaches the floor, and said he is "a believer in needing to do something" on immigration.

In doing so, he elevated immigration to join jobs, spending and tax cuts — the issues most lawmakers expect to dominate Congress when they reconvene in November.

"I just need a handful of Republicans. I would settle for two or three Republicans to join with me on the Dream Act and comprehensive immigration reform, but they have not been willing to step forward," Mr. Reid said. "They want to keep talking about this issue, and I say [it] is demagoguery in its worst fashion and is unfair to the Hispanic community."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/oct/31/reid-promises-vote-on-aliens/

Any republican that would cooperate with Harry Reid on anything during the lame duck session should be prepared to go ahead and switch parties. I don't see that happening. Not on this bill.

HOLLYWOOD
11-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Like a 2 bit Cheap Used Car Dealer in a $10 jacket... REID is doing every to get people to buy the vote.

More Free Stuff to heave onto the Debt-pile for the future to pay.

qh4dotcom
11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
the Dream act should be divided, the part giving citizenship for military service is a good idea. similar to the French foreign legion.

but free college for breaking the law? NO

If you think giving citizenship for military service is a good idea you must be a neocon warmongerer. It's about time to drastically cut the military budget and bring the troops home, not encourage more folks to join the military and send them off to war. The country is bankrupt and can't afford any more military paychecks.