PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what you say!

Question_Authority
10-19-2007, 12:58 PM
And be careful how you say it!

Jeez, I was just listening to Adam Curry's podcast and some doofus comes on and says that the CAMPAIGN is organizing a Nov 5th fundraising blast. He repeated it twice.

What. An. IDIOT.

Of course, probably no blowback since Adam is pretty underground and those that listen will probably think that's COOL. But if idiots like this spread this stuff around...MAN! C'mon! Do we really want to perpetuate this "crazy nutcase moonbat" perception?????????

THINK!

Also, Adam has the notion that Ron Paul should be taking credit for "tapping into the internet" instead of playing dumb when people ask him why he is so popular on the internet.

It's called GRASSROOTS! Ron Paul is not directing the majority of what is happening and that is the beauty of it!

End rant.

reduen
10-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Good post.

I am for the Nov 5th deal but it should certainly not be credited to or associated with the official campaign.

mavtek
10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I think we'll be ok, only time will tell. If the media thinks they can spin it in a bad light we'll make sure they can't. I mean if you're a media outlet do you want your email flooded with angry emails? Do you want a boycott in front of your office? Do you want 100's if not thousands of people cancelling subscriptions?

We the People have the nukes, and they don't want to mess with us.

robatsu
10-19-2007, 01:08 PM
I feel that it is very important that any sort of spreading the news about this should make specific mention that the November 5 effort is being organized by grassroots completely independent of the official campaign. I made this a highlight in various emails and whatnot I sent out. This is one of the big pr wins in this.

McDermit
10-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Well, you send out an email to thousands of supporters (this Nov 5th thing has made it way to almost all of the meetups I'm part of) without them knowing the full background of how it all came about.... what do you expect?

john_anderson_ii
10-19-2007, 01:12 PM
This most definitely needs to be publicly separated from the campaign ASAP! Adam's audience may be small, but maybe we should ask him to issue a retraction for what that caller said.

It needs to be pretty clear that this statement is coming from a lot of people who are really pissed off at the current state of affairs in our government, and its not the product of one person reaching his political ends.

That one person just happens to be the vehicle. ;)

Shink
10-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Jesus, calm down. There will not only be NO MENTION of the fundraiser, but also you can rest assured the old media isn't going to blab about Guy Fawkes and connect Ron with it.

SlapItHigh
10-19-2007, 01:33 PM
probaly an honest mistake as unlike other campaigns, we kind of are the campaign in a sense. But yeah, I see what you are saying. The official campaign did not come up with this so we wouldn't want to make that claim.

Question_Authority
10-19-2007, 02:07 PM
It needs to be pretty clear that this statement is coming from a lot of people who are really pissed off at the current state of affairs in our government, and its not the product of one person reaching his political ends.

That one person just happens to be the vehicle. ;)

VERY WELL SAID! Wow. Would you call the show and leave a message to that effect while mentioning the Nov 5 thing? Adam listens to all of the messages and plays the best ones on his podcast. I already left a message today about the erroneous call, but I like your perspective on it and I think it would get through to him.

Again, the irony is that Adam was "impressed" by the campaign doing this creative marketing or however he put it. I think it is more impressive that it is NOT the campaign that came up with it.

Phone: 201-625-6357

Question_Authority
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Well, you send out an email to thousands of supporters (this Nov 5th thing has made it way to almost all of the meetups I'm part of) without them knowing the full background of how it all came about.... what do you expect?

Well, I expect the people promoting it to take care in how they present it and fill people in on the pros and cons of the whole thing.

RP4ME
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
And be careful how you say it!

Jeez, I was just listening to Adam Curry's podcast and some doofus comes on and says that the CAMPAIGN is organizing a Nov 5th fundraising blast. He repeated it twice.

What. An. IDIOT.

Of course, probably no blowback since Adam is pretty underground and those that listen will probably think that's COOL. But if idiots like this spread this stuff around...MAN! C'mon! Do we really want to perpetuate this "crazy nutcase moonbat" perception?????????

THINK!

Also, Adam has the notion that Ron Paul should be taking credit for "tapping into the internet" instead of playing dumb when people ask him why he is so popular on the internet.

It's called GRASSROOTS! Ron Paul is not directing the majority of what is happening and that is the beauty of it!

End rant.

Yeah i cringed when i heard that - perhaps we need to clarift that with Adam since he is just coming up to speed on RP and how this campaign is mostly not official.

Question_Authority
10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Jesus, calm down. There will not only be NO MENTION of the fundraiser, but also you can rest assured the old media isn't going to blab about Guy Fawkes and connect Ron with it.

Huh? There already HAS been mention of the fundraiser. Isn't that what I said in my post?

And I admitted that this faux pas probably will not hurt, but if people CONTINUE to use words like "The Ron Paul campaign is doing XYZ" when the official campaign is NOT really involved, it could create more problems. This was just one example.

What if some Ron Paul supporters from the KKK do a fundraiser and send out a message that "the campaign is asking all KKK members to donate $50" on the day of some confederate battle victory? Or whatever day is special to them.

See the problem here?