PDA

View Full Version : Mason-Dixon: Jeb Bush's candidate is a lock

Agorism
10-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Mason-Dixon: ‘The Math Isn’t There’ for Anything But a Rubio Victory (http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/251504/mason-dixon-math-isnt-there-anything-rubio-victory)

uggg

https://www.nationalreview.com/sites/default/files/nfs/uploaded/u814/rubio-cover_0.jpg

Brett85
10-31-2010, 08:16 PM
So you're for the Democrat or Crist?

Agorism
10-31-2010, 08:17 PM
So you're for the Democrat or Crist?

Alexander Snitker for senate.

Brett85
10-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Alexander Snitker for senate.

The guy who might get 2% of the vote?

ctiger2
10-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Watchout for this guy cause he's coming...

George P. Bush, the son of Jeb Bush who's wife is Latino make P. Bush 1/2 Latino.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xrDiLQqAbzI/RcOdeRPaDlI/AAAAAAAAAEM/3tKR-ktnjkc/s400/Georgepbush.jpg

james1906
10-31-2010, 08:39 PM

Political races aren't horse races. You don't vote for a person just because you think he or she is going to win.

Agorism
10-31-2010, 08:41 PM

Yes

Brett85
10-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Political races aren't horse races. You don't vote for a person just because you think he or she is going to win.

But what's the purpose of voting for somebody who basically has a 0% chance of winning?

Agorism
10-31-2010, 08:43 PM
But what's the purpose of voting for somebody who basically has a 0% chance of winning?

Same reason I voted for Baldwin
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/067/Graph/Chuck_Baldwin__Ron_Paul_325_x_487.JPG

Brett85
10-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Same reason I voted for Baldwin
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/067/Graph/Chuck_Baldwin__Ron_Paul_325_x_487.JPG

Good point, but I think it's fair to say that Rubio supports limited government to a lot greater extent then McCain ever did. I know that he's pretty hawkish in his foreign policy views, but he's at least been willing to stand up and say that our entitlement programs need to be reformed.

james1906
10-31-2010, 08:47 PM

Because voting for someone you strongly disagree with is a wasted vote. Please remember, all candidates start the election with zero votes. Candidates can only control the vote of one person. Don't give into hype and spin. Vote your conscience. If everyone had your attitude, we'd be disgusted by Trey Grayson, Sue Lowden, Bob Bennett, and other partisan hacks trying to show they're different from the Dems.

Agorism
10-31-2010, 08:47 PM
I like to call Rubio the establishment's anti-establishment candidate.

james1906
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
I like to call Rubio the establishment's anti-establishment candidate.

He's the OK Cola of politics.

Brett85
10-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Because voting for someone you strongly disagree with is a wasted vote. Please remember, all candidates start the election with zero votes. Candidates can only control the vote of one person. Don't give into hype and spin. Vote your conscience. If everyone had your attitude, we'd be disgusted by Trey Grayson, Sue Lowden, Bob Bennett, and other partisan hacks trying to show they're different from the Dems.

No, I'm in favor of reforming the Republican Party to make it more liberty oriented. Rand, Angle, and Lee always had a fairly good chance to win. The Libertarian Party never elects anybody for anything.

Agorism
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
No, I'm in favor of reforming the Republican Party to make it more liberty oriented. Rand, Angle, and Lee always had a fairly good chance to win. The Libertarian Party never elects anybody for anything.

Vote McCain right?

james1906
10-31-2010, 08:52 PM

The media begged to differ, but the voters saw through it.

I'm in favor of changing the GOP, but if we vote for whatever tripe they throw our way, how do we expect them to change?

Brett85
10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Vote McCain right?

You'll probably blast me for saying this, but I voted for Ron in the primary and then voted for McCain in the general. I don't agree with McCain on much and had to really hold my nose to vote for him, but at the end of the day I'd rather have two Supreme Court justices nominated by McCain then two Supreme Court justices nominated by Obama. The Supreme Court issue is a huge one for me, and we now have two judicial activists on the Supreme Court who will vote to repeal the 2nd amendment and will vote for no restraints on the power of the government.

Agorism
10-31-2010, 08:57 PM
I essentially dislike anyone associated with the Bush crime family.

http://www.the7thfire.com/images/wanted_s.gif

and ...this guy will run in 2012
http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/jeb.jpg

Brett85
10-31-2010, 09:06 PM
The media begged to differ, but the voters saw through it.

I'm in favor of changing the GOP, but if we vote for whatever tripe they throw our way, how do we expect them to change?

I disagree with Rubio on foreign policy issues, but on domestic issues he's as good as any of the other tea party candidates, and he's certainly a lot better overall than either Crist or Meek. I can understand why people would vote for the Libertarian candidate, but people should at least be realistic enough to know that he's not going to win.

james1906
10-31-2010, 09:08 PM
I disagree with Rubio on foreign policy issues, but on domestic issues he's as good as any of the other tea party candidates, and he's certainly a lot better overall than either Crist or Meek. I can understand why people would vote for the Libertarian candidate, but people should at least be realistic enough to know that he's not going to win.

Well, which candidate do you agree with the most?

payme_rick
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
That's why none of these republicans ever change, because in the end most voters will hold their nose and vote for them anyway... you basically admit you're their bitch when you do!

Brett85
10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, which candidate do you agree with the most?

I probably agree with Snitker the most to be honest, but I just think that a vote for him is basically a wasted vote. I would rather vote for the best candidate who actually has a chance to win, which is Marco Rubio. But anyway it doesn't really matter since I don't live in Florida. :)

Brett85
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM
That's why none of these republicans ever change, because in the end most voters will hold their nose and vote for them anyway... you basically admit you're their bitch when you do!

I'll vote for a Republican over a Democrat any day, because at least the Republicans believe in limited government in some areas. The Democrats only believe in limited government when it comes to killing babies. I do vote for libertarian leaning candidates in Republican primaries, and I've been working hard to get Rand elected. But at the end of the day I would still prefer even a generic Republican over a Democrat.

Agorism
10-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Ahmadinejad and McCain?

I can't tell the difference!

jmdrake
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
I know little to nothing about Rubio. But I don't care that he was backed by Jeb Bush. Rand Paul was backed by Sarah Palin. Big whoop? Anyway I don't live in Florida so on a certain level I don't even care.

payme_rick
10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
And they know you will vote for them over a dem, which is why you continue to play right into their hands... You prove my point...

Feeding the Abscess
10-31-2010, 09:23 PM
I probably agree with Snitker the most to be honest, but I just think that a vote for him is basically a wasted vote. I would rather vote for the best candidate who actually has a chance to win, which is Marco Rubio. But anyway it doesn't really matter since I don't live in Florida. :)

Did you vote for Ron Paul during the primary? If so, why? He was consistently getting sub-10% of the vote.

Brett85
10-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Did you vote for Ron Paul during the primary? If so, why? He was consistently getting sub-10% of the vote.

Yeah, I voted for Ron in the primary. I said that I vote for liberty oriented candidates in Republican primaries. I knew that Ron wasn't going to win, because it was already late in the primary season, so I guess my vote in that situation was basically a symbolic vote. The difference in that situation though was that my symbolic vote wasn't going to cause the Democrats to win. I'm just saying that if I lived in Florida I would vote for Rubio. I want the GOP to gain control of the Senate. You can feel free to disagree.

Feeding the Abscess
10-31-2010, 09:33 PM
What I'm trying to understand is, since Republicans and Democrats are both pro-pre-emptive war, pro-PATRIOT Act, pro-wiretapping, pro-massive deficits, pro-War On Drugs, and anti-state's rights, what's the point of favoring one over the other unless an actual liberty candidate is running under one of those parties?

Vote for the candidate who best represents republican government (capitalization is important). Period.

james1906
10-31-2010, 09:44 PM

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

erowe1
11-01-2010, 05:02 AM

What's the purpose of voting for someone who has a 50% chance of winning?

If you're worried about making a difference, the likelihood of your vote doing that is 0% in either case.

erowe1
11-01-2010, 05:03 AM
I'll vote for a Republican over a Democrat any day, because at least the Republicans believe in limited government in some areas.

That's news to me. What areas?

bobbyw24
11-01-2010, 05:04 AM
I know little to nothing about Rubio. But I don't care that he was backed by Jeb Bush. Rand Paul was backed by Sarah Palin. Big whoop? Anyway I don't live in Florida so on a certain level I don't even care.

Bump this

LibertyBrews
11-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Rubio is a neocon, i can't understand why anybody would vote for him, though his opponents are probably worse, Crist is scum and Meeks is a typical democrat statist. If i were in Florida i'd contemplate not voting at all, or vote for the libertarian.

payme_rick
11-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Alright, hit the sack last night and never got to finish my thought process on voting for the establishment republican just to keep the democrat out of office...

I'll use the Texas governor race as an example here...

Rick Perry(r) will probably will probably win by 10 or so points over former Houston mayor Bill White(d)...

Maybe it's my gut feeling, I dunno, but talking to people in Texas I get the sense that 35% of the votes Rick Perry WILL GET are from people who are tired of his crap... they want a true republican closer to libertarian but they're afraid of a democrat taking over, so they continue to vote for Slick Rick.... just imagine if those 35% decided to back the libertarian/third-party candidate, maybe Kathie Glass(L)... would that not be the biggest message sender ever? "Hey you, we want a real conservative in office and we will not vote a sub-par one!"

Basically what this would show republicans wishing to be governor is that 35% of republican voters aren't going to vote for the establishment, moderate republican candidate... The other 65% are in the pocket for any republican, any time... that's just how that 65% is... so they'll have to get their 65% and walk on over to the 35%...

ORRRR we can take true conservative's advice and NEVER teach 'em a lesson...

yes, we'll have to endure a democrat for four or so years, but no pain, no gain!

jmdrake
11-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Well like I said, I don't know much about Marco Rubio. But I do know this much. He wasn't "the establishment" candidate any more than Rand. That was Crist. Yes he got Jeb's backing and, as I pointed out, Rand got Palin's backing. I think a Crist = Perry analogy is better as they both support the globalist big government agenda. Rubio sucks on foreign policy as do many in the GOP.

As for "teaching em a lesson"....well we need to actually teach them. How many of us have talked to our GOP loyal friends about the trend earlier in the year of big name republicans being against the war in Afghanistan? (Michael Steele, Michael Savage, Ann Coulter, David Stockman, Pat Buchannan etc.) Why hasn't this been turned into a YouTube yet? Whenever I bring this up, people with less vision say "We shouldn't trust people like Michael Savage". I don't trust him. I want to use what he and others have said over the past year with regards to foreign policy as a teachable moment. I have used it. It's only when rank and file republicans finally begin to understand that the way this so called "war on terror" has been fought from day one is unhelpful to our security at home and abroad will people like Rubio change their tune on foreign policy. Until then you will have people like Rand Paul and Peter Schiff sounding as much like Rubio as they can...at least until they can get elected. Teaching your friends and neighbors about the stupidity of neocon foreign policy is far more important than "teaching politicians a lesson". Trust me. If Marco Rubio somehow loses on Tuesday, the media and the GOP are not going to say "Man! If Rubio had just listened to those Ron Paul people he'd have been elected".

Alright, hit the sack last night and never got to finish my thought process on voting for the establishment republican just to keep the democrat out of office...

I'll use the Texas governor race as an example here...

Rick Perry(r) will probably will probably win by 10 or so points over former Houston mayor Bill White(d)...

Maybe it's my gut feeling, I dunno, but talking to people in Texas I get the sense that 35% of the votes Rick Perry WILL GET are from people who are tired of his crap... they want a true republican closer to libertarian but they're afraid of a democrat taking over, so they continue to vote for Slick Rick.... just imagine if those 35% decided to back the libertarian/third-party candidate, maybe Kathie Glass(L)... would that not be the biggest message sender ever? "Hey you, we want a real conservative in office and we will not vote a sub-par one!"

Basically what this would show republicans wishing to be governor is that 35% of republican voters aren't going to vote for the establishment, moderate republican candidate... The other 65% are in the pocket for any republican, any time... that's just how that 65% is... so they'll have to get their 65% and walk on over to the 35%...

ORRRR we can take true conservative's advice and NEVER teach 'em a lesson...

yes, we'll have to endure a democrat for four or so years, but no pain, no gain!

Brett85
11-01-2010, 07:43 AM
That's news to me. What areas?

2nd amendment rights and lower taxes.

Agorism
11-01-2010, 06:01 PM
http://www.fizzledout.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/okcan1.jpg

Agorism
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
blimp