PDA

View Full Version : Dems Internals Aren't Good

AuH20
10-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Read some of these comments.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44448.html

Still, among those in the Democratic consulting class, there’s a gloomy acknowledgment that many of the incumbents the DCCC has spent millions of dollars to protect won’t be coming back to Congress.

“Everybody that is tied will lose, and everyone that is ahead by a few points will lose because of the GOP wave,” said one party media consultant who is involved in a wide array of House races. “There are going to be some surprises.”

Already, the finger-pointing is beginning. With outside conservative groups pouring millions of dollars into races across the country, some operatives singled out liberal interest groups for not engaging in the election.

“If there’s one person to blame, it’s the liberal groups who said they would get involved early but they didn’t,” said the media consultant. “I think they’ve been totally unhelpful.”

But, most of the consultants said, much of the post-election scrutiny would surround President Barack Obama and a White House political operation that over the past two years struggled to sell an ambitious agenda that turned out to be radioactive to a wide swath of the electorate.

“Here’s the part of this that bothers me the most: This is not an embracing of Republicans. It’s a rejection of Democrats,” said Andrew Myers, a veteran Democratic pollster who worked on several House campaigns.

nobody's_hero
10-31-2010, 06:14 PM
“Here’s the part of this that bothers me the most: This is not an embracing of Republicans. It’s a rejection of Democrats,” said Andrew Myers, a veteran Democratic pollster who worked on several House campaigns.

That's probably how the republicans felt in 2008 when they were in the same situation, but I don't think they learned anything from it. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

klamath
10-31-2010, 07:05 PM
That's probably how the republicans felt in 2008 when they were in the same situation, but I don't think they learned anything from it. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Yes the republican electorate DID learn something. They kicked out a lot of incumbants and rejected hand picked party members. That is how people like Rand angle, miller, Lee, Buck, Bradley, lawson Amish, won primaries.

paulitics
10-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Yes the republican electorate DID learn something. They kicked out a lot of incumbants and rejected hand picked party members. That is how people like Rand angle, miller, Lee, Buck, Bradley, lawson Amish, won primaries.
+ rep