PDA

View Full Version : NJ Gov. Chris Christie to Bloomberg: Ron Paul is on the EXTREME RIGHT WING of the GOP

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 05:39 PM
good going Chris
sour grapes much?
just because Ron Paul endorsed his opponent in the primary
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2010/09/21/VI2010092103558.html

edit: just to clarify Christie wasnt saying this in a flattering context. He said if Dennis Kucinich is the extreme left wing of the Democrat party then Ron Paul is the extreme Right wing of the GOP

sour grapes. what a jackass

wormyguy
10-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Well, he is, isn't he? He's certainly no moderate.

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Well, he is, isn't he? He's certainly no moderate.

its not a good thing to say on national tv and to Bloombergs audience. sounds more like a smear to me
I know Ron is the most Conservative but I homestly dont know about extreme Right winf

Fozz
10-31-2010, 05:43 PM
And three years ago, they were saying he isn't a real conservative :rolleyes:

Sola_Fide
10-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Oh, Ron's "too extreme" now huh?

Screw you Chris!

Brett85
10-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Libertarians really aren't "on the right." They're on the top of the political spectrum. This diagram at the bottom illustrates that.

http://www.ontheissues.org/ron_paul.htm

TonyFromTheBronx
10-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Christie is NorthEastern RINO trash.

Dont let his tough talk fool ya.....His budget cuts are miniscule.

AGRP
10-31-2010, 06:00 PM
And three years ago, they were saying he isn't a real conservative :rolleyes:

/thread.

Edit: Fox News continually asked him why he was a Republican. Now we can assume establishment Republicans will be attacking him for being far right. Don't think Christy isn't getting coached by the GOP.

Such a nice post Foz.

Brett85
10-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Christie is NorthEastern RINO trash.

Dont let his tough talk fool ya.....His budget cuts are miniscule.

Yeah, and he's also pro gun control.

Jandrsn21
10-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Also pro cap and trade!

HOLLYWOOD
10-31-2010, 06:39 PM
We are TOP Dead Center... Christie and Company are the Extremists, it's when you deviate from the center, than you deviate from the US Constitution.

Oh and while we're at it... a moderate is NOT a politician in the middle. A Moderate is the WORST part of both extremist parties, because they hold the philosophy, "You vote for my bad bill and spending, and I'll vote for yours.

Neutral ground is what the forefathers set up.. both parties have deviated to the EXTREME Left/Right.

PS: Ah, what do you expect for Christie... Rudy GHOULiana is his bitch. ;)

trey4sports
10-31-2010, 06:46 PM
"far-right" might not be that bad of a label considering how folks are voting

legion
10-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Christie is lining up for a run at the presidency. Of course he's going to say stuff like this.

specsaregood
10-31-2010, 07:24 PM
"far-right" might not be that bad of a label considering how folks are voting

Ding, Ding, Ding! This is an improvement as far as I am concerned.

Remember this:

Republican Debate Transcript, South Carolina
May 15, 2007

MR. GOLER: Congressman Paul, I believe you are the only man on the stage who opposes the war in Iraq, who would bring the troops home as quickly as -- almost immediately, sir. Are you out of step with your party? Is your party out of step with the rest of the world? If either of those is the case, why are you seeking its nomination?

REP. PAUL: Well, I think the party has lost its way, because the conservative wing of the Republican Party always advocated a noninterventionist foreign policy.

Senator Robert Taft didn't even want to be in NATO. George Bush won the election in the year 2000 campaigning on a humble foreign policy -- no nation-building, no policing of the world. Republicans were elected to end the Korean War. The Republicans were elected to end the Vietnam War. There's a strong tradition of being anti-war in the Republican party. It is the constitutional position. It is the advice of the Founders to follow a non-interventionist foreign policy, stay out of entangling alliances, be friends with countries, negotiate and talk with them and trade with them.

Just think of the tremendous improvement -- relationships with Vietnam. We lost 60,000 men. We came home in defeat. Now we go over there and invest in Vietnam. So there's a lot of merit to the advice of the Founders and following the Constitution.

And my argument is that we shouldn't go to war so carelessly. (Bell rings.) When we do, the wars don't end.

Just a few years ago they were implying he shouldn't be a Republican.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Just a few years ago they were implying he shouldn't be a Republican.

Ron Paul does his best work when he is stuffing pepper up the ass of the establishment.

The man is so solid and untainted, they don't know what to make of him, they don't know how to pigeonhole him they don't know how to smear him, because the Establishment has no clue about how government is supposed to be.

ctiger2
10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Ron is not the RIGHT. Ron's on TOP

http://theuklibertarian.com/wp-content/uploads/libertarian-chart1.jpg

Feeding the Abscess
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Libertarians really aren't "on the right." They're on the top of the political spectrum. This diagram at the bottom illustrates that.

http://www.ontheissues.org/ron_paul.htm

On The Issues has Ron Paul as strongly for foreign aid, and strongly opposed to lowering taxes, free trade and immigration. He should be much higher up in the libertarian column than is represented there.

james1906
10-31-2010, 08:59 PM
So now it's a strong conservative position for us to take our marching orders from al-Qaida?

tnvoter
10-31-2010, 09:09 PM
This is why he'll STAY in New Jersey.

But at least he's proving that some fiscal conservatism is good.

justinc.1089
11-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Ron is not the RIGHT. Ron's on TOP

http://theuklibertarian.com/wp-content/uploads/libertarian-chart1.jpg

I'm SO GLAD someone else is posting this for once!!!!!!

I get so SICK of trying to explain the false left/right paradigm to people! People on here should understand the false left/right paradigm, afterall, Ron Paul tries to explain it all the time!

"The left says you can have civil liberties, but not economic liberties, and the right says you can have economic liberties, but not civil liberties. We split liberty in half in two parts, and you can't do that."

My paraphrasing of a statement Ron Paul says ALL THE TIME about the "left" and the "right."

What he means is that each says one half of government intervention is ok, and the other says the other half of government intervention is ok, so that when they're combined the government can intervene EVERYWHERE. And that if you really support liberty, then you support ALL liberty, not just in only economic or civil matters.

"Moderates" are usually even more authoritarian than those on the "left" or "right" because they usually support both civil and economic planning and intervention by the government.

Lieberman is the PERFECT and ICONIC MODERATE.

He is moderate because he agrees with the "right" about a lot of things the government should do, and he agrees with the "left" about a lot of things the government should do, resulting in him supporting the government having authority in nearly everything, if not literally everything.

(Is there really anything Lieberman is on record for trying to stop the government from doing? If there is, I honestly don't know about it because I just constantly see him supporting government control in everything I can think of).

Sentient Void
11-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Interesting. I'd be curious to find out how he defines someone in the 'right-wing' and thus the 'extreme right wing'.

If we get an answer from him on this - I wouldn't be surprised to note that either Ron Paul doesn't fit his definition of 'right-wing' at all, or will in effect inadvertently label himself as a liberal or 'left-wing'.

Simply put - as others have pointed out - libertarians are *not* left nor right wing. They're on top - and libertarians do it best.

Wait, what were we talking about again??? ;-)

Dripping Rain
11-10-2010, 09:13 PM
bumpity bump

cswake
11-10-2010, 10:34 PM
And that's why Ron Paul is the most popular with the Independent voters, by a substantial margin:

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/06/obama-up-in-2012-contests.html

One thing that's very interesting about these numbers is that Ron Paul is the most popular out of the whole group with independents. They see him favorably by a 35/25 margin. The only other White House hopeful on positive ground with them is Romney at a +2 spread and they're very negative on the rest: -5 for Huckabee, -16 for Gingrich and Palin, and -17 for Obama. All five of the possible GOP contenders lead Obama with independents, but Paul does so by the widest margin at 46-28.

RonPaulGetsIt
11-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Christie reminds me of Obama and Palin. They come out of nowhere get big media coverage, say a few choice words to try to take votes away from the real anti-establishment freedom candidates.

He has done nothing to reduce NJ's draconian vaccine mandates as he said he would in his campaign. Mandatory fu shot to attend day care or pre school....total bs.

revolutionary8
11-10-2010, 11:21 PM
This poser tries to trash Ron Paul because he is a TRUE fiscal conservative and a TRUE Republican, while this gluttonous, envious, and VAIN hypocrite attacks everyone but his establishment cronies, all the while thinking he is "in the club". I have got news for this gluttonous faker- YOU AIN'T IN THE COUNTRY CLUB!!!

Ever since he was elected as the Governor of New Jersey, Republican Chris Christie has been hailed as the kind of fiscal conservative who can bring the country back from the brink. Conservative commentator Glenn Beck even compared Christie to President George Washington, saying that the New Jersey Governor was a model of the kind of fiscal "belt-tightening" the government needed.

Indeed, since he has come in as Governor, Christie has cut a number of government programs in New Jersey. Most notably, Christie cut the state aid to local schools by 15%. His critics point out that these cuts likely will increase unemployment in the state (through teacher layoffs, for example) and also decrease the quality of education in New Jersey. Christie claims that the cuts are necessary in these hard fiscal times.

However, a new report from the Justice Department Inspector General reveals that Christie did not believe in such "belt-tightening" when he was a U.S. Attorney in New Jersey. In fact, of all the U.S. Attorneys, Christie was cited as the worst when it came to wasting taxpayer dollars for various trips. Christie routinely received excessive reimbursements for various trips he took as a U.S. Attorney, including:

- Getting reimbursed at $236 for a four mile trip back-and-forth to Boston's Airport through a pre-arranged car service.

- Getting reimbursed $562 for a trip to his hotel in the heart of London after landing at one of London's airports.

Christie also liked to stay in hotels that had rates well above the federal government's acceptable rate. Examples include the Nino Zero Hotel in Boston and the Four Seasons Hotel off of Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C.

In total, the report shows that Christie "provided insufficient, inaccurate, or no justification for 14 of 23 trips (61 percent) that exceeded the government rate." Over half of Christie's trips exceeded the acceptable government rate of reimbursement for his travels. It appears that Christie believes in fiscal discipline when it comes to funds being spent to provide a safety net to the poor, or education to the country's youth. However, when it comes to funds spent for reimbursement of his travels to London, Christie is more than willing to abandon his fiscal discipline philosophy.
http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/new-report-slams-conservative-hero-chris-christie-for-wasteful-spending

I figured this day would come, but I am glad that this F**er has been EXPOSED as the fake, corrupt, elitist wanna be SINKING SHIP CLINGING RAT BASTARD that he really is.

This article is the PERFECT example of how 'fiscal conservatives' get laughed at, mocked, chided, ridiculed, and pretty much shredded at the hands of the bleeding hearts. HE is the kind of "Republican" that TRUE Republicans should stay farrrrrrrrrrrr farrrrrrrrrrrrr away from. CHRISITE is why ideas like the one above seem somewhat understandable to those on the right, and a total battle call for those on the left.

jclay2
11-10-2010, 11:56 PM
So where are the christie lovers now? He might have talked the talk with teacher's unions and budget cuts, but when push comes to shove he denounces Ron Paul.

revolutionary8
11-11-2010, 12:00 AM
So where are the christie lovers now? He might have talked the talk with teacher's unions and budget cuts, but when push comes to shove he denounces Ron Paul.

I don't remember any Christie lovers around here at all. Sure, there were videos posted and articles posted when he said things that WERE TRUE, but I sure as hell didn't see any worship...

KetchupMaster
11-11-2010, 01:09 AM
I don't really like Christie that much, but I just watched the video and it didn't really seem to me like he was trashing Ron Paul.