PDA

View Full Version : Is Tancredo within the margin of error in Colorado?

AuH20
10-31-2010, 04:10 PM
I've seen leads for Hickenlooper of 1, 3 and 5. And that's with Maes still in it.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 08:11 PM
I just found this. This pollster thinks the GOP wave will overwhelm Hickenlooper:

http://www.businessword.com/index.php/weblog/tom_tancredo_john_suthers_will_win_gop_will_retake _colorado_house_senate

"I do believe that Tom Tancredo is going to win," Flaherty declared. In recent polls, Tancredo has about 73% of Republican voters. Flaherty thinks Tancredo will wind up with over 80% of Republicans. It will be in the low 80s, he said.

Tancredo is benefiting from Dan Maes' decision to stay in the race, Flaherty said. Because Maes stayed in the race, Hickenlooper and the Democrats figured that Tancredo and Maes would split the conservatives' and unaffiliated voters' and that they didn't have anything to worry about. If Maes had dropped out, as Tancredo and Republican leaders asked him to, the Democrats would have attacked Tancredo, he said.

Now that Tancredo is poised to win, Flaherty said, it's too late for the Democrats to attack Tancredo.

Ironically, the bitter Maes has stayed in the race to, I think, make sure that Tancredo loses. Now it appears that he's helping Tancredo win. Now, that would be poetic justice.

Maes probably will get 6% to 7% of all votes, but it's hard to predict, Flaherty said. Recent polls show Maes getting from 5% to 10% of all votes.

The way early voting is going, Flaherty said, 80,000 to 110,000 more Republicans than Democrats will vote on Nov. 2. He's predicting that Republicans will account for 42% of all votes while Democrats "will hang around 35%" and unaffiliated voters will cast about 25% of the votes, down from the high 20s that he had been anticipating. He doesn't know why fewer unaffiliated voters are voting than he expected.

Unaffiliated voters are favoring Republicans in the polls he's done for candidates and independent groups. In 2008, Republicans out voted Democrats by about 37,900 voters, and in 2006, about 45,800 more Republicans than Democrats voted. Democrats won in both 2006 and 2008.

Indy Vidual
10-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Quite a story, even if Tancredo has some issues.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/sns-ap-co--tancredo-cabbies,0,3168779.story

Conservative gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo is highlighting a would-be taxicab company to promote his plans to cut government regulations.

Tancredo stood Friday with immigrant cab drivers, whom he pointed out were in the country legally. They tried unsuccessfully to form Mile High Cab Inc. in metro Denver but to get clearance from the state Public Utilities Commission.

Tancredo says government regulation is too burdensome for new companies. Tancredo is a former Republican now running with the American Constitution Party.

Aratus
11-01-2010, 10:05 AM
this MAY be quite a first for the CONSTiTUTiON PARTY!

Zatch
11-01-2010, 10:47 AM
F**K YOU, MAES! :mad:

youngbuck
11-01-2010, 11:51 AM
F**K YOU, MAES! :mad:

Yea, seriously, that guy has gotta be a real douchebag.

Aratus
11-01-2010, 12:07 PM
if TANCREDO wins, do be kind to Mr. Maes, come what MAY!!!!
if TANCREDO is awful dang close, he gets to join JOHN DENNIS!
lets all be nice to Mr. Maes and simply get self + kin to the polls!

AuH20
11-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Bump.

Stop Making Cents
11-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm am soooo hopeful a true patriot committed to stopping the foreign vasion will get elected

low preference guy
11-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm am soooo hopeful a true patriot committed to stopping the foreign vasion will get elected

so am I, considering he doesn't have the authority to do so as a Governor but he does have the ability to fight against idiotic drug laws

AuH20
11-02-2010, 06:41 PM
This the preeminent 10th amendment race IMHO. Screw the feds. We need crazy tom in there!!!!

speciallyblend
11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
This the preeminent 10th amendment race IMHO. Screw the feds. We need crazy tom in there!!!!

If tancredo wins i guess msm ratings will go up as well;)