PDA

View Full Version : SF Examiner endorses John Dennis

Brian4Liberty
10-31-2010, 01:05 PM
The SF Examiner endorsed John Dennis this week:

The Examiner does not believe that Pelosi has ever been drowned out, given the enormous power and speaking platform she possesses. Further, we view her attempt to demonize dissenters as far more dangerous to democracy than anyone’s protest. Therefore, we encourage voters in the 8th Congressional District to support her opponent, John Dennis — an anti-war, pro-marijuana Republican.

A vote for Dennis will send a strong, clear message that dictatorial policymaking, the lavish and unnecessary spending of tax dollars on wasteful programs and personal perks, and demonization of the political opposition are unacceptable behavior for officeholders of any party or philosophy.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/San-Francisco-Examiners-state-nation-election-recommendations--105962408.html

Travlyr
10-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Wow... :cool:

Jeremy
10-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Looks like they endorsed a lot of Republicans though. And they are against Prop 19 saying it has "loopholes and contradictions."

Brian4Liberty
10-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Looks like they endorsed a lot of Republicans though. And they are against Prop 19 saying it has "loopholes and contradictions."

Prop 19 has become controversial. It is far from perfect.

If Prop 19 said this, then it would be better:

- All laws specific to marijuana are now null and void.

Aratus
10-31-2010, 02:02 PM
cooooooooooooool!
this should REALLY
help his election day
turnout in a big way!

Indy Vidual
10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Biggest paper in SF....?

Imperial
10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
This is an online magazine, it doesn't really help in any appreciable way. The real places Dennis needs endorsements are SF Weekly, San Francisco Chronicle, and to a lesser extent the Fog City Journal.

EDIT: The SF Chronicle endorsed Nancy Pelosi.

Aratus
11-01-2010, 09:55 AM
thoughts are a reagan revolution ripple like the election of 1980 could boost GOP totals on
the WEST COAST and as i remember 1980 the mass media wrote carter off before the voters
in california could vote for him! keeping in mind jerry brown also was governor of california.
if we keep in mind ronnie reagan and jerry brown know the route to the governors mansion!

Aratus
11-01-2010, 09:59 AM
A GOP ROMP in the east could boost john dennis 3 to 5 points ON ELECTION DAY! (there is a three hour time difference!)

Brian4Liberty
11-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Biggest paper in SF....?

No. I believe it used to be the second biggest, many years ago. Not anymore.

Romulus
11-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I like this comment - it should be the campaign slogan:

Pelosi never met a war she didn't like and never met a Wall St bailout she didn't love.

I'm voting for Dennis.

dannno
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I hope word is getting around about him..

libertarian4321
11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Biggest paper in SF....?

No, It used to be a real paper, but years ago transformed into a tabloid style freebie that you can pick up in some stores/restaurants and is thrown in driveways in certain parts of town.

The last real daily newspaper in SF is the Chronicle.