PDA

View Full Version : Stewart Rally destroys Beck Rally

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/30/rally-to-restore-sanity-attendance_n_776547.html

Plus, Beck had been pimping his rally for like a year, whereas Stewart had a month.

axiomata
10-31-2010, 11:27 AM
The 87,000 CBS number for Beck was much lower than other estimates.

You shouldn't be surprised that that was the one number that HuffPo pulled.

hugolp
10-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Your obsession with Beck is amazing.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Beck had a narrowly focused rally as opposed to the broad one the two CC guys set up. When I found out it was going to concern MLK, I decided to not attend. Plus, Beck's rally was designed to be non-political, as in no signs.

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 11:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AoxXh.jpg

LibertyEagle
10-31-2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/30/rally-to-restore-sanity-attendance_n_776547.html

Plus, Beck had been pimping his rally for like a year, whereas Stewart had a month.

That's nothing to be happy about. Did you see the REASON interviews of some of the people at the Stewart rally? Complete dumbasses. :(

YouTube - What We Saw at the Stewart-Colbert Rally to Restore Sanity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMq1R-64Qc&feature=player_embedded)

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 11:52 AM
That's nothing to be happy about. Did you see the REASON interviews of some of the people at the Stewart rally? Complete dumbasses. :(

YouTube - What We Saw at the Stewart-Colbert Rally to Restore Sanity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMq1R-64Qc&feature=player_embedded)

There were some good responses, and there were some bad responses. If you want to pull out videos of people be interviewed at rallies, I can get thousands for you at Beck rallies.

LibertyEagle
10-31-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm not rejoicing either one. However, you for some reason seem to be happy about this Stewart Rally. It's kinda odd.

low preference guy
10-31-2010, 11:56 AM
copycats don't pwn.

Agorism
10-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Stewart-Colbert Rally was much more entertaining I bet.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not rejoicing either one. However, you for some reason seem to be happy about this Stewart Rally. It's kinda odd.

Yea, it's really odd when you consider that the Daily Show writers boast such a close working relationship with the Obama Administration.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Stewart-Colbert Rally was much more entertaining I bet.

Of course it was. Beck was trying to put together an apolitical sermon channeling MLK. Who wants to watch that? Plus, bringing signs were discouraged.

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 12:01 PM

I'm happy because I dislike Beck greatly and like Stewart. Beck speaks bullshit a lot of the time and is using a lot of people, especially tons here that think he is on our side. Stewart has opinions I don't always agree about, but he's civil and really speaks with reason.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm happy because I dislike Beck greatly and like Stewart. Beck speaks bullshit a lot of the time and is using a lot of people, especially tons here that think he is on our side. Stewart has opinions I don't always agree about, but he's civil and really speaks with reason.

Hilarious!!! Stewart is just as puzzling as Beck is. He works for freaking Viacom. His entire writing team is a subset of the Obama Administration. How do you think he got that interview?

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Hilarious!!! Stewart is just as puzzling as Beck is. He works for freaking Viacom. His entire writing team is a subset of the Obama Administration. How do you think he got that interview?

He is paid by a company? What is your point? You have none.

He got that interview by asking the administration for one. What is your point? You have none.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 12:10 PM

He got that interview by asking the administration for one. What is your point? You have none.

Do you know anything about CBS-Viacom and their ultra-cozy relationship with one of the major political parties in this country? They also own BET and MTV.

Do you know who Eugene V. Debs is? Did you know that he is one of Jon Stewart's heroes? Why did you think he was pressing the president on NOT DOING ENOUGH to pass bolder legislation?

Do you know that the Daily Show writers wrote the President's comedic material at a recent event? Comedy Central is practically an extension of the Obama Administration.

Are you really that gullible?

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 12:13 PM
I never cared for the rally size meme. Does it matter in terms of validity of a movement's ideas based on the number of followers? I think not. It all boils down to my rally cock is bigger than your rally cock. Who cares? Of course I am not defending Beck in any way. I just think the meme is tiresome.

ItsTime
10-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Ok, if the Stewart rally crushed the Beck rally, what does that say about the Democrats 10/10 rally? Anyone who believes there was only 87k at Becks rally has to believe there was only 5k at the dems rally...

TroySmith
10-31-2010, 12:23 PM
GB had over 500,000 people.....

Stary Hickory
10-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok, if the Stewart rally crushed the Beck rally, what does that say about the Democrats 10/10 rally? Anyone who believes there was only 87k at Becks rally has to believe there was only 5k at the dems rally...

Stewart's rally didn't. It was estimated at 175,000 by park officials. Anyone citing the left 87k number for Becks rally is too far gone to help. I don't see what there is to gain by deceiving oneself. Upwards to 300,000-450,000 or so is what I guesstimated it at when at the Beck rally.

But the OP is not going to listen reason, it was obvious when he brought in the 87k number. I mean we are supposed to disbelieve our eyes and our intellect here. Anyways what would be the point if Stewart's was bigger...would that be a good thing?

paulitics
10-31-2010, 12:25 PM
It was a good turnout, but still pales in comparison to magnitude of all of the tea party rallies, plus several other Beck rallies in the last 2 years. The coffee party (remember that) was a dud, so this was an attempt to revive the same "we're reasonable because we like government programs, and you are an extremist for protesting them" meme.

The problem is that these people have no passion, and are inarticulate about the issues, so they are not going to remain a force. It will take a gross injustice, like another war for instance , for these zombies to come to life.

Lord Xar
10-31-2010, 12:26 PM

Stewart is a jerkoff. He is neither clever or original, but as it is becoming quite obvious, another lefty propagandist and promoter.

Also, I am not a big "follower" of either, but I would most certain listen to Beck over Stewart. Why? Stewart talks nonsense. He focuses in on rhetoric and sound bites. Beck has brought up much more relevant and insightful commentary than Stewart ever would.

Go thru this board, it is true that Beck is not "liked all that much", but you would have a hard time finding any worthy "show" from stewart that would awaken or offer insight for his audience. Beck has.

stewart, colbert, maher, just more shills for the establishment. Jerkoffs all.

Stary Hickory
10-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Stewart is a jerkoff. He is neither clever or original, but as it is becoming quite obvious, another lefty propagandist and promoter.

Also, I am not a big "follower" of either, but I would most certain listen to Beck over Stewart. Why? Stewart talks nonsense. He focuses in on rhetoric and sound bites. Beck has brought up much more relevant and insightful commentary than Stewart ever would.

Go thru this board, it is true that Beck is not "liked all that much", but you would have a hard time finding any worthy "show" from stewart that would awaken or offer insight for his audience. Beck has.

stewart, colbert, maher, just more shills for the establishment. Jerkoffs all.

Yep I don't care for Stewart anymore, I did not know he was a puppet for leftist propaganda. I always suspect they lean left, but he is a cheerleader now. At least I can't find humor in someone like that.

Lord Xar
10-31-2010, 12:30 PM

I dont' think you have a point. Obama went on his show, Stewarts, because Obama knew he could peddle his "hope and change" to the masses of zombies that watch Stewart. You think Obama went on their to reach moderates or a valid cross-section of america. No. He went on their to beg to his base to come out and support his failed policies.

And I find it compelling and telling that Becks rally was labeled "extremist" yet Stewarts "voice of sanity". ie. Right = bad/evil, left = benevolent/good... same ol' bullshit via the media, and you are sucking it all up like a teenager on his first teet.

Don't get me wrong, I am not cheering for Beck but I find you will leave his show more "informed" than Stewarts or Colberts. Let them talk about the Fed, or corruption in the administration etc.. you will never see it or hear it from them. They just do the same rehashed skits attacking whatever "right aligned" entity is the focus for the week.

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Stewart's rally didn't. It was estimated at 175,000 by park officials. Anyone citing the left 87k number for Becks rally is too far gone to help. I don't see what there is to gain by deceiving oneself. Upwards to 300,000-450,000 or so is what I guesstimated it at when at the Beck rally.

But the OP is not going to listen reason, it was obvious when he brought in the 87k number. I mean we are supposed to disbelieve our eyes and our intellect here. Anyways what would be the point if Stewart's was bigger...would that be a good thing?

You're an idiot. Oh right, I'm going to believe your numbers over professional people who know how to actually estimate this stuff.

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Do you know anything about CBS-Viacom and their ultra-cozy relationship with one of the major political parties in this country? They also own BET and MTV.

Do you know who Eugene V. Debs is? Did you know that he is one of Jon Stewart's heroes? Why did you think he was pressing the president on NOT DOING ENOUGH to pass bolder legislation?

Do you know that the Daily Show writers wrote the President's comedic material at a recent event? Comedy Central is practically an extension of the Obama Administration.

Dear God, you are a lunatic.

Monarchist
10-31-2010, 12:47 PM

I know. All these crazy reich-wing teabaggers not getting that Jon Stewart just wants what's best for us.

payme_rick
10-31-2010, 12:49 PM
The biggest question here is, why do we give a shit about the attendence numbers of these two events?

If two guys with two tv shows had an event that drew double the crowd of an event put on by a guy with one tv show, where's the shocker?

No point here...

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 12:51 PM
I know. All these crazy reich-wing teabaggers not getting that Jon Stewart just wants what's best for us.

The teabaggers are terrible. Stewart doesn't tell us what is best for us, he tells us to discuss what is best for us together civilly.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 12:53 PM
The teabaggers are terrible. Stewart doesn't tell us what is best for us, he tells us to discuss what is best for us together civilly.

In other words, don't rock the boat. Enjoy your servitude. Stewart is a phony. Just like Beck who reveals critical information but then counters that the citizens shouldn't get too angry about the shocking revelations.

libertygrl
10-31-2010, 12:54 PM
All this tells me is the power of celebrity. Tell the sheeple to follow and they will come. The divide and conquor game is still alive and well in America. :mad:

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 12:54 PM
You're an idiot. Oh right, I'm going to believe your numbers over professional people who know how to actually estimate this stuff.

How about instead of calling forum members names you prove your point instead? The latter being far harder than the former.

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 01:04 PM
In other words, don't rock the boat. Enjoy your servitude. Stewart is a phony. Just like Beck who reveals critical information but then counters that the citizens shouldn't get too angry about the shocking revelations.

If rocking the vote means yelling at people constantly, then I don't mind being a servitude.

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 01:04 PM
How about instead of calling forum members names you prove your point instead? The latter being far harder than the former.

These people aren't discussing anything. They're just spewing stupid conspiracy theories.

JacobG18
10-31-2010, 01:05 PM
If rocking the vote means yelling at people constantly, then I don't mind being a servitude.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm232/mintkiller/facepalm.jpg

low preference guy
10-31-2010, 01:07 PM

Interesting. I didn't know we had pathetic Stewart groupies at RPF.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 01:08 PM

There are alot of them here. You didn't know that?

LibertyEagle
10-31-2010, 01:09 PM

WHAT? You're kidding, right?

AuH20
10-31-2010, 01:09 PM
WHAT? You're kidding, right?

Yes. He's joking. :D

1000-points-of-fright
10-31-2010, 01:13 PM
I didn't see too many black people there. I saw more on stage than I did in the crowd. Does that make comedy central racist?

Anti Federalist
10-31-2010, 01:22 PM

These people aren't discussing anything. They're just spewing stupid conspiracy theories.

WTF? I mean really, WTF?

hugolp
10-31-2010, 01:25 PM
I didn't see too many black people there. I saw more on stage than I did in the crowd. Does that make comedy central racist?

Yes. Its quite obvious that the Rally was a covert white supremacist rally.

[Slandering is fun!]

silentshout
10-31-2010, 01:27 PM
I sometimes watch the Daily Show and Colbert, but had no interest in the rally. However, beck's rally turned me off more with the religious rhetoric.

low preference guy
10-31-2010, 01:28 PM
WTF? I mean really, WTF?

it's a great opportunity for gang -repping.

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 01:43 PM

I guess we should lump in that pathetic Ron Paul into that groupie too.

LibertyBrews
10-31-2010, 01:53 PM
I guess we should lump in that pathetic Ron Paul into that groupie too.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaZd2RsKecuz75JA6c_uYL-eOsbyTxNUHxbZXkQ39dRkLy29Q&t=1&usg=__VQOZTzXpfeMdag49LGUSTQ7sHGo=

WARNING, TROLL ALERT!!!

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 01:58 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaZd2RsKecuz75JA6c_uYL-eOsbyTxNUHxbZXkQ39dRkLy29Q&t=1&usg=__VQOZTzXpfeMdag49LGUSTQ7sHGo=

WARNING, TROLL ALERT!!!

What movie is that from?

Depressed Liberator
10-31-2010, 01:59 PM

WARNING, TROLL ALERT!!!

You're funny. Ron Paul has said himself that he likes Stewart.

jclay2
10-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Depressed Liberator: You are either a wonderfully apt student of sarcasm, or a permanently lost John Stewart operative on RPforums? Which is it? How can you honestly defend Stewart, who 24/7 wants bigger and more massive government? The fact that Stewart lumps all the Tea Party people into one set of ideas should make you avoid him like the plague. Stewart is so stuck in the red is evil blue is good world, that he can't even find the heart to truly criticize Obama. Sure he might do an act on his show where he finds some problems with Obama, but is it enough to make him jump ship and not vote for the guy? NEVER! Wake up Depressed, this guy is a scam artist to the nth degree. If you can't realize this on your own, then I truly do feel sorry for how lost you are.

paulitics
10-31-2010, 02:02 PM

I'm waiting for Chris Mathews to tell me what to think. Personally, I noticed it was sort of monochromatic, but there were some black bands there so maybe it was OK.

Maximilian American
10-31-2010, 02:28 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon4.gif

Why doesn't Stewart ever discuss the Federal Reserve System's MAJOR involvement in the current economic situation?

Or about many new and legitimate investigations into the events on September 11, 2001?

Or the corporatism involved in the current Democratic Party's and Obama Administration's "reforms" of Health Care and Financial Regulation?

Or the corruption within the distribution of the Stimulus and Bailout bills?

He Fails where the Main Stream Media Fails, narrow mindedness projected whether deliberately with agenda or sincerely with ignorance.

low preference guy
10-31-2010, 02:30 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon4.gif

Why doesn't Stewart ever discuss the Federal Reserve System's MAJOR involvement in the current economic situation?

When Greenspan visited Stewart's show, he treated Greenspan like he was John Lennon and the Savior of the World. It was a disgusting sight.

ItsTime
10-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah where were all the black people? I didnt see to many of them.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 02:37 PM
When Greenspan visited Stewart's show, he treated Greenspan like he was John Lennon and the Savior of the World. It was a pretty disgusting sight.

WTF are you talking about? Go back and watch that interview. John asked some seriously tough questions, like why does the Fed determine interest rates instead of the market.

Guys, there are positives and negatives about the rally. The main negative is that many people at the rally were just as clueless as people at the Beck rally.

What was good is that Jon is trying to foster a spirit of cooperation, as opposed to demonizing those who disagree. If you think about it, it's kind of similar to what we are doing. We're trying to educate the populous on the Fed, hoping the will use their new found knowledge to help move the country in a more reasonable financial direction.

And all of you who say Jon Stewart is a shill have no fucking idea what you're talking about. You know Judge Napalitano is employed by Newscorp, right? Does that mean we throw his credibility under the bus?

jclay2
10-31-2010, 02:50 PM
What was good is that Jon is trying to foster a spirit of cooperation, as opposed to demonizing those who disagree. If you think about it, it's kind of similar to what we are doing. We're trying to educate the populous on the Fed, hoping the will use their new found knowledge to help move the country in a more reasonable financial direction.

I think you will find that Stewart only has a spirit of cooperation for those who share his beliefs or are willing to be politically moderate and compromise with him. Everyone else is just a racist bigot.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 02:50 PM
WTF are you talking about? Go back and watch that interview. John asked some seriously tough questions, like why does the Fed determine interest rates instead of the market.

Guys, there are positives and negatives about the rally. The main negative is that many people at the rally were just as clueless as people at the Beck rally.

And all of you who say Jon Stewart is a shill have no fucking idea what you're talking about. You know Judge Napalitano is employed by Newscorp, right? Does that mean we throw his credibility under the bus?

Stewart exposed himself once again, when he referred to Obama's legislative approach as timid. Fellow RPers, would you consider Obama's legislation thus far as timid? He expanded the powers of the Federal Reserve, set the stage for future bailouts through stealthier channels and rammed through a state-enforced individual mandate for health care. But apparently for ole Jon Stewart it's not enough. He wants the whole kit and kaboodle Joseph Stalin style.

paulitics
10-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Stewart exposed himself once again, when he referred to Obama's legislative approach as timid. Fellow RPers, would you consider Obama's legislation thus far as timid? He expanded the powers of the Federal Reserve, set the stage for future bailouts through stealthier channels and rammed through a state-enforced individual mandate for health care. But apparently for ole Jon Stewart it's not enough. He wants the whole kit and kaboodle Joseph Stalin style.

Yeah, thats the meme they are trying to sell you, Obama being this ineffectual leader who can't get anything done because he is playing too nice. Meanwhile he has moved this country more to the left than anyone since FDR, and in dictatorial style despite loud cries of NO from the people. Bill Maher and Stewart peddle this lie everday. No, the truth is Obama and congress were undemocratic sleazeballs in getting their aganeda through, total abuse of power, and lack of respect for our nation's principles. Stewart, although sometimes funny, is an Obama hack.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Obama's legislation was timid because it wasn't universal health care. You have to admit, single payer, for example, would actually take away power from the insurance companies. They would become irrelevant in the medical field. So from the liberal perspective, that's how Obama is timid. I don't think Jon thought he was timid with banking legislation or anything else.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Obama's legislation was timid because it wasn't universal health care. You have to admit, single payer, for example, would actually take away power from the insurance companies. They would become irrelevant in the medical field. So from the liberal perspective, that's how Obama is timid. I don't think Jon thought he was timid with banking legislation or anything else.

I think he was referring to a much larger stimulus, amnesty and cap & trade as well. I don't think it was solely single payer. I think we can all arrive at the conclusion that Stewart is a true believer.

fletcher
10-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Who cares whose rally was bigger? Stewart's rally was full of people who think $1.5 trillion deficits, $14 trillion debt, expanded war in Afghanistan, and increased government power is sanity. Why would you be excited about that?

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
are you a liberal democrat? because this was a liberal democrat rally to support Obama and to energize the liberal base as far as I know

paulitics
10-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Where are the cries from the liberals like Stewart that Obama is being too timid in restoring civil liberites, reigning in executive power, and ending the wars? If they criticised Obama on these measures, then they would have a point, because Obama hasn't even attempted to affect change there. Instead he is moving in the same direction he campaigned against on those issues, which makes him a liar.

The issues that he was most reticent on during the campaign, he has become quite unabashedly outspoken on. Now everyone ,*except for liberal pundits and their zombies, are like, wtf? Curious how that is.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Who cares whose rally was bigger? Stewart's rally was full of people who think $1.5 trillion deficits, $14 trillion debt, expanded war in Afghanistan, and increased government power is sanity. Why would you be excited about that?

many of the people at Stewart's rally are more open to discussion. You would have a much easier time convincing someone at that rally that we need to cut spending than you would convincing a Beck viewer that we need to cut military adventurism.

In other words, I'm seeing these people as Daily Show viewers that would like to be more active, but need direction. The liberty movement can provide that direction, given we don't spend all our time hating on them.

paulitics
10-31-2010, 03:35 PM

Good point, it's like they are redifining sanity to line up with their unsustainable utopian world view that will implode the country.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Where are the cries from the liberals like Stewart that Obama is being too timid in restoring civil liberites, reigning in executive power, and ending the wars?

One recent example would be Colbert and Jon Stewart doing segments about the "combat troops" being pulled out of Iraq. They showed it for the political maneuvering doublespeak that it is.

Inkblots
10-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Your obsession with Beck is amazing.

It's amusing to think of him with a framed photo of Beck, neatly labeled 'Nemesis', hanging over his bed.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=265

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM

I think there is too much credence given to these rally interview videos. It's usually someone with a ideological ax to grind who goes around asking people questions and then edits out the reasonable responses. As with the Reason TV guys, same goes for the man responsible for the Beck rally videos. Do you think these people would have left any intelligent responses in?

low preference guy
10-31-2010, 03:44 PM
are you a liberal democrat? because this was a liberal democrat rally to support Obama and to energize the liberal base as far as I know

that's exactly what it is. polls on the daily caller show that 1% of the attendees plan to vote for GOP. most are voting for Dems, even if they don't know who the candidate is. it doesn't sound very "sane" to me.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 03:47 PM
that's exactly what it is. polls on the daily caller show that 1% of the attendees plan to vote for GOP. most are voting for Dems, even if they don't know who the candidate is. it doesn't sound very "sane" to me.

You would have gotten similar numbers, except flipped, at the Beck rally. Most people in this country are still either voting for the lesser of the two evils, or completely duped into thinking one of the parties is actually worth a shit.

low preference guy
10-31-2010, 03:49 PM
You would have gotten similar numbers, except flipped, at the Beck rally. Most people in this country are still either voting for the lesser of the two evils, or completely duped into thinking one of the parties is actually worth a shit.

i don't think Beck called it a "sane" rally.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 03:51 PM

Unfortunately, the democratic lemmings haven't gotten the memo that the game is rigged. I don't think there was a single incumbent successfully primaried on the democratic side. Dems are much larger sheep than republicans at this stage. Some Republicans were abused by Bush in such a manner, that they've become more aware of their surroundings.

JohnEngland
10-31-2010, 04:08 PM
I liked Glenn Beck's rally and his will have life-long impact on the people who attended.

His rally had an uplifting message with some inspirational speakers, like Alveda King. The Jon Stewart rally, whilst I feel no animosity towards it, did not appear to have a substantive purpose.

I feel this is how the three rallies could be summarised:

Beck rally - non-political, traditional values, liberty, family and God. Attacked by media.

Union rally - politically far-left, socialism, welfarism, pro-Obama administration. Somewhat supported by media.

Stewart rally - non-partisan, entertainment, silly, fun for revellers. Media in the bag.

JohnEngland
10-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah where were all the black people? I didnt see to many of them.

LOL, interesting point. The media really disgust me with their double standard:

"Mostly white" at Beck rally = racism.

"Mostly white" at Stewart rally = unnoticed.

Knightskye
10-31-2010, 04:17 PM
NBC's estimate for Beck's rally was 300,000. If you go by that, he had more people than Stewart's rally.

angelatc
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
More pictures: http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/beck-stewart.jpghttp://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/beck-stewart.jpg

amy31416
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
It was a good turnout, but still pales in comparison to magnitude of all of the tea party rallies, plus several other Beck rallies in the last 2 years. The coffee party (remember that) was a dud, so this was an attempt to revive the same "we're reasonable because we like government programs, and you are an extremist for protesting them" meme.

The problem is that these people have no passion, and are inarticulate about the issues, so they are not going to remain a force. It will take a gross injustice, like another war for instance , for these zombies to come to life.

They essentially already got another war in Pakistan, a Bush-style bullshit "Mission Accomplished" about Iraq, a confirmed assassination list, expanded wiretapping, a continuation of the Patriot Act, Blackwater is still heavily employed, and we're still belligerent towards Iran and are sending tons of free armaments to Israel. Civilians are being killed in greater numbers, we're still creating terrorists.

Another war wouldn't wake them up. They'd just scream for the draft and pretend that nothing can change until everyone has to pay a price. Hell, they're celebrating the fact that DADT is likely going to be repealed, so kids who don't want to serve will have to maim themselves or something.

They're all gung-ho for pro-war candidates like Conway simply because he has a "D" after his name.

heavenlyboy34
10-31-2010, 05:03 PM

FFS, he's just a COMEDIAN-an actor, like Beck. I find the "Rally to Restore Sanity" hilarious because it's a testament to how absolutely stupid national politics is. The politicization of EVERYTHING (thanks to the regime and its puppets in media, hollywood, etc) seems to really be driving a number of folks around here to the brink of insanity. :eek:

Umbro2914
10-31-2010, 05:27 PM
More pictures: http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/beck-stewart.jpghttp://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/beck-stewart.jpg

IM calling BS on these pictures.
I was at the Stewart rally, and there were people pratically up to the Washington Monument...
and also your little ovel is not accurate. Beck picture only shows from the WWII memorial, not Washington Monument, so why does the ovel stretch to washington??

reillym
10-31-2010, 06:36 PM
GB had over 500,000 people.....

Please stop lying.

reillym
10-31-2010, 06:37 PM

Neither Jon or Colbert mentioned democratic policies.

You fail.

reillym
10-31-2010, 06:38 PM
I liked Glenn Beck's rally and his will have life-long impact on the people who attended.

His rally had an uplifting message with some inspirational speakers, like Alveda King. The Jon Stewart rally, whilst I feel no animosity towards it, did not appear to have a substantive purpose.

I feel this is how the three rallies could be summarised:

Beck rally - non-political, traditional values, liberty, family and God. Attacked by media.

Union rally - politically far-left, socialism, welfarism, pro-Obama administration. Somewhat supported by media.

Stewart rally - non-partisan, entertainment, silly, fun for revellers. Media in the bag.

The glenn beck hate rally was rightfully attacked. The main speakers, he and sarah palin, are bigots and fear mongerers.

DjLoTi
10-31-2010, 06:51 PM
I went to the rally. What does that make me?

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 06:52 PM
i don't think Beck called it a "sane" rally.

lmao. precisely

low preference guy
10-31-2010, 07:02 PM

if you don't come bragging about how the copycats "destroyed" Beck's Rally, i suppose it makes you a person who went to a rally and learned something from it.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 07:02 PM

A fucken commie traitor.

You will be thrown in gitmo if you actually had a good time.

Vessol
10-31-2010, 07:12 PM
So what was the whole point of the "rally"? To piss on Beck?

AuH20
10-31-2010, 07:14 PM
So what was the whole point of the "rally"? To piss on Beck?

No, to emphasize that things aren't that bad and that the government isn't hopelessly irredeemable. :D

low preference guy
10-31-2010, 07:17 PM
No, to emphasize that things aren't that bad and that the government isn't hopelessly irredeemable. :D

that's really funny. they're comedians for a reason!

EDIT: a thought of a video making fun of stewart and colbert crossed my mind. they are presented as cartoons. they smile, look stoned, and say "everything is going to alright", "yeah!", leaving the impression of being idiotic hippies.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
They essentially already got another war in Pakistan, a Bush-style bullshit "Mission Accomplished" about Iraq, a confirmed assassination list, expanded wiretapping, a continuation of the Patriot Act, Blackwater is still heavily employed, and we're still belligerent towards Iran and are sending tons of free armaments to Israel. Civilians are being killed in greater numbers, we're still creating terrorists.

Another war wouldn't wake them up. They'd just scream for the draft and pretend that nothing can change until everyone has to pay a price. Hell, they're celebrating the fact that DADT is likely going to be repealed, so kids who don't want to serve will have to maim themselves or something.

They're all gung-ho for pro-war candidates like Conway simply because he has a "D" after his name.

^^^That.

Watching all this only reaffirms the fact that I'd much rather take part in a 15,000 person Ron Paul rally or a 10,000 person Alex Jones rally.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
that's really funny. they're comedians for a reason!

EDIT: a thought of a video making fun of stewart and colbert crossed my mind. they are presented as cartoons. they smile, look stoned, and say "everything is going to alright", "yeah!", leaving the impression of being idiotic hippies.

Notice how they lampoon everything? Nothing is taken serious, even the grave subjects. Their job is to babysit the young uns who lean democrat and stifle thoughts of rebellion. WE LIVE IN AMERICA. IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE. BANK HOLIDAY? SURELY YOU JEST!!! HA HA HA!!!

zade
10-31-2010, 07:42 PM

Well I think you're just wrong about that. I was not at the rally, but it seemed very non-ideological, here is Stewart's speech. His speech was simply about the ridiculousness of the MSM and how it does not reflect reality. It really was not an ideological rally, it was open to anyone who's fed up with the "insanity." He has some very good things to say.

YouTube - Jon Stewart's speech at the Rally For Sanity. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXmbzLI3pnk)

YouTube - Ron Paul talks about his respect for Jon Stewart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-YZueRAOR0)

zade
10-31-2010, 07:53 PM

I think this is a mistake. No, I would not say our current government is timid, but I would also remark that statism has never been timid. I don't view anything Obama has done as a radical Marxist globalist subversion of America or any such nonsense. This makes it sound as if America was going great until Obama showed up. I view everything Obama has done as a predictable continuation of the corporatist policies that have been pursued for much longer than this administration, but not really a rapid acceleration of it.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2010, 07:59 PM
I view everything Obama has done as a continuation of the corporatist policies that have been pursued for much of our history, but not really a rapid acceleration of it.

Not a rapid acceleration?

He has expanded the war into Pakistan, apparently without any form of Congressional oversight or approval of any sort.

He has claimed the executive privilege to assassinate, not just foreigners, but US citizens, by executive fiat.

He signed and presided over the most dangerous growth in federal power that I've seen in my lifetime, that being, the "authority" to demand that you purchase a product on the market, regardless of need, want or financial ability to pay, under penalty of law.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Not a rapid acceleration?

He has expanded the war into Pakistan, apparently without any form of Congressional oversight or approval of any sort.

He has claimed the executive privilege to assassinate, not just foreigners, but US citizens, by executive fiat.

He signed and presided over the most dangerous growth in federal power that I've seen in my lifetime, that being, the "authority" to demand that you purchase a product on the market, regardless of need, want or financial ability to pay, under penalty of law.

#2 already happening under Bush and Cheney.

#1 was going to happen no matter who was president

#3 I'll give you that one

angelatc
10-31-2010, 08:04 PM
The glenn beck hate rally was rightfully attacked. The main speakers, he and sarah palin, are bigots and fear mongerers.

Bigots and fear-mongers? Really?

amy31416
10-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Well I think you're just wrong about that. I was not at the rally, but it seemed very non-ideological, here is Stewart's speech. His speech was simply about the ridiculousness of the MSM and how it does not reflect reality. It really was not an ideological rally, it was open to anyone who's fed up with the "insanity." He has some very good things to say.

YouTube - Ron Paul talks about his respect for Jon Stewart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-YZueRAOR0)

Ron Paul pals around with commies like Stewart, Kucinich, Sanders and Grayson.

Therefore he is scum.

He also pals around with fascist neocons like DeMint, Boehner, et al.

Therefore he is scum.

If you watch the Daily Show, if you went to the rally--you are a traitor, just like Ron Paul who's actually been on the Daily Show. Hell, he's even been on Maddow! She's "***** as Blazes(tm)"!! Of course, he's also been on Hannity, and everyone knows he's a fascist, neocon asshole--so Ron must be too. And Beck and Jones are both insane--he's been on their shows. What a horrible man.

So...if you're going to condemn forum members for their involvement with liberals or neocons or whatever--you ought to condemn Paul just the same.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Bigots and fear-mongers? Really?

Fear mongers no doubt. Just compare Ron Paul talking about politics versus Glenn Beck.

After listening to Ron Paul, you want to become an activist. After listening to Glenn Beck, you want to lock yourself in the basement with your spaghettios.

amy31416
10-31-2010, 08:11 PM

The party who pretends to be anti-war and pro-civil liberties should just ignore the massive failings of 1&2?

Or should we call them the fuck out for their hypocrisy?

Vessol
10-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Stewart is making fun of the MSM, but isn't he a part of it too?

amy31416
10-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Stewart is making fun of the MSM, but isn't he a part of it too?

He's marginally better, for the most part. Just as Beck is sometimes marginally better.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
The party who pretends to be anti-war and pro-civil liberties should just ignore the massive failings of 1&2?

Do you really think I'm saying that? Of course I think we should call them on their hypocrisy, that's why I'm on the ronpaulforums.

amy31416
10-31-2010, 09:41 PM

Do you really think I'm saying that? Of course I think we should call them on their hypocrisy, that's why I'm on the ronpaulforums.

I don't know...you seem to be excusing it because of what Bush/Cheney/TPTB have done.

I know they have a point that the Bush admin was atrocious--but that's no reason to excuse what is currently going on and what we can actually bring an end to.

We sure as shit can't continue the status quo--I don't care if it's a Republican or Democrat who's carrying the torch.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 10:23 PM
bob is right again..

YouTube - Jon Stewart Rally Was a Joke... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOoIkS5LfpA)

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 10:32 PM
^guys a fucking idiot. And an egomaniac to boot.

Jon Stewart never told people to vote for Obama, and he's been more critical of Obama than any other liberal on television (Bill Moyers went off the air in april).

AuH20
10-31-2010, 10:38 PM

Jon Stewart never told people to vote for Obama, and he's been more critical of Obama than any other liberal on television (Bill Moyers went off the air in april).

He's right though. Stewart is really off his rocker trying to dilute well-validated citizen anger. We need to calm down and act civilly while the government continues to rape us? Really John? With friends like you who needs enemies? Beck does the same thing as well, when he ends his revolutionary talk, with the "we're not the founders" disclaimer.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2010, 10:40 PM

Hmmmm, not exactly.

Bush authorized the creation of "hit lists" of people that, if found on the battlefield could be killed as an enemy soldier.

It was never implemented, not excusing it of course.

Obama took it a giant step further, in that people on "the list" could be assassinated anywhere, at any time, in any country, and that includes US citizens.

Glenn Greenwald, writing in Salon:

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/07/assassinations

In late January, I wrote about the Obama administration's "presidential assassination program," whereby American citizens are targeted for killings far away from any battlefield, based exclusively on unchecked accusations by the Executive Branch that they're involved in Terrorism. At the time, The Washington Post's Dana Priest had noted deep in a long article that Obama had continued Bush's policy (which Bush never actually implemented) of having the Joint Chiefs of Staff compile "hit lists" of Americans, and Priest suggested that the American-born Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki was on that list. The following week, Obama's Director of National Intelligence, Adm. Dennis Blair, acknowledged in Congressional testimony that the administration reserves the "right" to carry out such assassinations.

Today, both The New York Times and The Washington Post confirm that the Obama White House has now expressly authorized the CIA to kill al-Alwaki no matter where he is found, no matter his distance from a battlefield. I wrote at length about the extreme dangers and lawlessness of allowing the Executive Branch the power to murder U.S. citizens far away from a battlefield (i.e., while they're sleeping, at home, with their children, etc.) and with no due process of any kind. I won't repeat those arguments -- they're here and here -- but I do want to highlight how unbelievably Orwellian and tyrannical this is in light of these new articles today.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2010, 10:44 PM
He's right though. Stewart is really off his rocker trying to dilute well-validated citizen anger. We need to calm down and act civilly while the government continues to rape us? Really John? With friends like you who needs enemies? Beck does the same thing as well, when he ends his revolutionary talk, with the "we're not the founders" disclaimer.

That^^^

BTW, what, exactly, is Beck's "not the founders" disclaimer?

Is it written or transcripted anywhere?

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 10:51 PM
sure he is. Thats why this "egomaniac" asked Republicans to vote for Ron Paul in the 2008 primaries

AuH20
10-31-2010, 10:51 PM
That^^^

BTW, what, exactly, is Beck's "not the founders" disclaimer?

Is it written or transcripted anywhere?

To paraphrase Beck, he basically says that while the government's excessive transgressions warrant a response beyond the rigged ballot box, the current composition of Americans are not in any way like the founders, so any armed revolt would manifest into something that would be immediately snuffed out or lead to a dictatorship. I think he has a point, but he's always trying to walk back Americans from the point-of-no return, like Stewart does. Stewart and Colbert attempt to blunt the obvious, unsettling conclusions Americans have arrived at, with directed mockery and sarcasm.

BenIsForRon
10-31-2010, 10:59 PM
AuH20, you just don't get it.

We can't be angry and depressed all the fucking time, that's unhealthy. Sometimes you have to laugh at the situation, because it is ridiculous. That's what Stewart and Colbert do.

You know, Mark Twain made fun of the political system in the 1800's, so I guess he was propagandist for the elites as well?

Monarchist
10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
AuH20, you just don't get it.

We can't be angry and depressed all the fucking time, that's unhealthy. Sometimes you have to laugh at the situation, because it is ridiculous. That's what Stewart and Colbert do.

You know, Mark Twain made fun of the political system in the 1800's, so I guess he was propagandist for the elites as well?

It's November and I can't afford gas for the boiler.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Promontorium
10-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Yes somehow the "stern look in the mirror" rally was defeated by the "who gives a damn, lay back and do nothing" rally... I can't imagine why.

2. OP is linking to Huffington Post. Just put an Obama sticker on your bumper douchebag and call it a day.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2010, 11:26 PM
To paraphrase Beck, he basically says that while the government's excessive transgressions warrant a response beyond the rigged ballot box, the current composition of Americans are not in any way like the founders, so any armed revolt would manifest into something that would be immediately snuffed out or lead to a dictatorship. I think he has a point, but he's always trying to walk back Americans from the point-of-no return, like Stewart does. Stewart and Colbert attempt to blunt the obvious, unsettling conclusions Americans have arrived at, with directed mockery and sarcasm.

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering what his justification was.

All of these people are just pop off valves, there to serve one purpose, just like you said, to blunt the obvious, painful and unavoidable truth of the situation.

AuH20
10-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering what his justification was.

All of these people are just pop off valves, there to serve one purpose, just like you said, to blunt the obvious, painful and unavoidable truth of the situation.

It's funny though. Conventional wisdom would lead us to believe that Beck and Stewart could reconcile their petty differences and actually try to expose the oppressors. But Jon loves the government far too much and Beck isn't allowed to read the final act to his audience. It's complete BS that they're adversarial, but that's cable news.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2010, 11:52 PM
It's funny though. Conventional wisdom would lead us to believe that Beck and Stewart could reconcile their petty differences and actually try to expose the oppressors. But Jon loves the government far too much and Beck isn't allowed to read the final act to his audience. It's complete BS that they're adversarial, but that's cable news.

No kidding, and nice way of putting that:

Beck isn't allowed to read the final act to his audience.

AuH20
11-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Peter Beinert of all people takes a slap at the rally for sanity:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-11-01/jon-stewart-rally-shows-how-the-left-blew-it/?cid=hp:mainpromo4

Finally, the focus on “sanity.” Talk about condescending. The Tea Party types who believe that expanding government undermines their freedom are not insane. They’re tapping into a deeply-rooted American fear of government power, one that would be immediately recognizable to Calvin Coolidge or Strom Thurmond. And in the process, they’re conjuring, once again, the myth that America was born free, and surrenders a smidgen of liberty every time Washington imposes another tax or establishes another government agency. (The Tea Partiers may not be racists, but it’s hardly surprising that this idealized image of 19th Century America doesn’t impress African-Americans). The Tea Partiers, in other words, are making a serious argument, which the left too often tries to dismiss by calling them nuts. In fact, the haughtiness reflected by such insults conceals the left’s confusion over how to respond ideologically. The Obama administration has barely tried to argue that activist government can make people more free—by, for instance, guaranteeing their health care coverage and thus freeing them to leave a dead end job. In America today, as at past moments in our history, there’s a profound debate underway not just about how to right our economy but about the relationship between capitalism and freedom. Pretending it’s not a real debate is a great way for the left to lose.

Romulus
11-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Court jesters. Thats all I have to say about that..

BenIsForRon
11-01-2010, 07:19 AM
I downloaded the whole rally with a torrent earlier. In the process of watching now.

I gotta say, the opening show by the Roots and John Legend make this rally about 5,000 times cooler than Beck's right off the bat.

Dystopia
11-01-2010, 07:20 AM
It's funny to watch all the Glenn Beck fanboys on here get their panties in a bunch.

Stewart and Colbert are entertainers plain and simple. This rally was only about entertainment, and poking some good-natured fun at the Glenn Beck crowd. Beck and his silly followers set themselves up for this, with his corny schtick and their silly antics.

I find this rally to be a lot less offensive than Beck's, which was basically a pseudo-religious love fest for the military-industrial complex.

liberalnurse
11-01-2010, 07:37 AM
It's funny to watch all the Glenn Beck fanboys on here get their panties in a bunch.

Stewart and Colbert are entertainers plain and simple. This rally was only about entertainment, and poking some good-natured fun at the Glenn Beck crowd. Beck and his silly followers set themselves up for this, with his corny schtick and their silly antics.

I find this rally to be a lot less offensive than Beck's, which was basically a pseudo-religious love fest for the military-industrial complex.

Man, you are over the top. One part Ron Paul's message is one of "tolerance." We have to tolerate the nonsense too. There's nonsense on both sides and for you to insult the people on this forum who happen to think that Beck has his place despite the nonsense is "offensive." We're not "fanboys" and we don't have our "panties in a bunch." Just like with Alex we filter out the nonsense and focus on what can further Ron's message. Grow up.

AuH20
11-01-2010, 07:44 AM

Ron Paul has made numerous public comments about the economic malestrom we're headed to, as a result of profligate spending and currency manipulation. He's far from insane.

Romulus
11-01-2010, 08:53 AM

So when we are making fun of the Court Jester sanity rally, its really code for 'I love Beck'? Folks here don't live in the left vs right world that's been created for you. Both sides serve as a steam valve - neither one is legit. Wake up.

BenIsForRon
11-01-2010, 09:05 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/12644/slide_12644_169481_large.jpg?1288623850301

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/12644/slide_12644_169495_large.jpg?1288624025412

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/12644/slide_12644_169557_large.jpg?1288624280868

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/12644/slide_12644_169572_large.jpg?1288624378401

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/12644/slide_12644_170365_large.jpg?1288625514252

Deborah K
11-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Do you realize that you have been trained to think like a collectivist?

futo555
11-01-2010, 09:45 AM

lol, I spit my coffee on the screen when i read that...hehe

Brian4Liberty
11-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I watch both Stewart and Beck (more Stewart). Doesn't mean I agree with everything they say. :o

Imperial
11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Do you realize that you have been trained to think like a collectivist?

Umm... that is the exact style Justin Amash has been using. It is the style Jeff Flake uses. If simply having open discussion to look for solutions is collectivist, then give me a bailout and call me statist.

chudrockz
11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I never cared for the rally size meme. Does it matter in terms of validity of a movement's ideas based on the number of followers? I think not. It all boils down to my rally cock is bigger than your rally cock. Who cares? Of course I am not defending Beck in any way. I just think the meme is tiresome.

+rep for "rally cock" omg that's the funniest thing I've read in months!! I gotta remember to tell the wifey to read that later tonight!

Travlyr
11-01-2010, 10:26 AM
http://www.thedailybell.com/1492/The-Unbearable-Lightness-of-Being-Jon-Stewart.html

Deborah K
11-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Umm... that is the exact style Justin Amash has been using. It is the style Jeff Flake uses. If simply having open discussion to look for solutions is collectivist, then give me a bailout and call me statist.

I haven't read anything specific about Amash or Flake that indicates they are collectivist in their thinking. But the statement that the OP made, specifically, "....what is best for us together....." sounds like "for the good of the whole" to my way of thinking. And when we fall into the trap of concerning ourselves with the 'good of the whole', we sacrifice the rights of the individual, because the 'good of the whole' inevitably leads to that.

Perhaps I am being persnickety. But I'm very sensitive to the dangers of group thought.

Romulus
11-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Perhaps I am being persnickety.

No youre not.. folks who use the teabagger term are in fact thinking in a collectivist mindset.

Anti Federalist
11-01-2010, 10:49 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/12644/slide_12644_169481_large.jpg?1288623850301

I ROFL'ed

BenIsForRon
11-01-2010, 11:04 AM
No youre not.. folks who use the teabagger term are in fact thinking in a collectivist mindset.

Collectivist statement used to complain about collectivists. You just blew my mind.

Deborah K
11-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Collectivist statement used to complain about collectivists. You just blew my mind.

A collectivist believes in individual sacrifice for the betterment of the group. You can belong to a group, you can complain about a group, or whatever. That isn't collectivism. Individualists can belong to groups. It's the thinking behind the group participation that is the issue.

If someone willingly sacrifices for the group, say a group of men risk their lives to protect their families, that is not the same thing as expecting or demanding that individuals sacrifice something for the group.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on these boards about what collectivism means.

BenIsForRon
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM
So then we all are collectivists. We expect each other to donate and participate in liberty campaigns.

ronaldo23
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I saw parts of the rally...it honestly wasn't that partisan at all. Him and Colbert even did a media montage where they showed ridiculous clips from Keith Olbermann and Ed Schultz in addition to Fox News. Heck, it even prompted Keith Olbermann to post angry tweets after the rally to criticize Jon for not promoting MSNBC and the democratic party!

Stewart's speech about civility was actually pretty good...even though most of the people who attended will probably vote democratic, the rally speeches themselves didn't seem to be promoting one party or anything.

Deborah K
11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
So then we all are collectivists. We expect each other to donate and participate in liberty campaigns.

Are you giving up individual freedom by donating and participating in liberty campaigns?

If you're unwilling to donate and participate and you are coerced into it, then you are participating in collectivist thinking.

dannno
11-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I saw parts of the rally...it honestly wasn't that partisan at all. Him and Colbert even did a media montage where they showed ridiculous clips from Keith Olbermann and Ed Schultz in addition to Fox News. Heck, it even prompted Keith Olbermann to post angry tweets after the rally to criticize Jon for not promoting MSNBC and the democratic party!

Stewart's speech about civility was actually pretty good...even though most of the people who attended will probably vote democratic, the rally speeches themselves didn't seem to be promoting one party or anything.

Great post.

Promontorium
11-01-2010, 12:09 PM
No, "teabagger" is quite ignorant and inflamatory. Who the fuck are you liberating Depressed? Clearly not Americans whom you insult for trying, and plea to go back to sleep.

The collectivism in the term is this knee jerk rejection of people for appealing to actual reformation. It's every dipshit with an audience across America making cracks on Rand Paul with absolute lies. They don't even know where Kentucky is, let alone fall within a hemisphere of having an individual perspective.

Stewart is a man who desires to infringe on my rights, and his rally was masturbation for him. You are a puppet Depressed Liberator, as are the rest of you sheep who baaaaaa at anyone who finds something wrong with people trying to educate rather than placate.

AuH20
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Gutfield is on point as well. Libs are generally so much style over substance. They think they're actually smarter than the goddamn human species. That's why they insist on planning everyone's lives for them. They'll be the first ones knocking on your door, asking for food and silver, when the catastrophe hits. Just laugh in their face with a witty Colbertism:

http://www.dailygut.com/?i=4795

My point: every single day of my life was a Jon Stewart rally. Everyone around me was pleasant, usually white, and always reveling in their reflexive assumptions about the "rest" of less hip America. Yep, they were my people when we got hammered. But because of my beliefs, I was not theirs on election day. And they'd hammer me for that.

That's why when I watch the rally, i just wondered, who needs it?

Well, maybe to show a divide between two groups: The tea party was about candidates; The sanity rally was about celebrity.

More important, the tea party was a civilian reaction to our government's sprint toward progressivism. The rally, however, was a celebrity reaction to those civilians.

The rally boiled down to: "we're cool, you're crazy."

So the real title of the event shouldn't have been "The Rally to Restore Sanity," but "The Rally to Ignore Insanity."

Because, that was the message. The teapartiers are reacting to alarming stuff: the insane spending, the bottomless deficit, weird appointments, political arrogance -it's real anxiety over real trouble for future offspring.

Stewart's rally says, "Ignore that. Check out Cat Stevens!" With a load of flashy entertainment and outsized personalities - they are the band playing on the TItanic - enjoying the applause as we see the shadow of the iceberg

Depressed Liberator
11-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I really love the word collectivists. Using the word simply implies that you think no one has their own opinion if they disagree with you. Maybe you should open your mind a little, and discuss things with people instead of holding your hands to your ears and screaming.

Depressed Liberator
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
No, "teabagger" is quite ignorant and inflamatory. Who the fuck are you liberating Depressed? Clearly not Americans whom you insult for trying, and plea to go back to sleep.

The collectivism in the term is this knee jerk rejection of people for appealing to actual reformation. It's every dipshit with an audience across America making cracks on Rand Paul with absolute lies. They don't even know where Kentucky is, let alone fall within a hemisphere of having an individual perspective.

Stewart is a man who desires to infringe on my rights, and his rally was masturbation for him. You are a puppet Depressed Liberator, as are the rest of you sheep who baaaaaa at anyone who finds something wrong with people trying to educate rather than placate.

d'ohohoh

Quality post. This is the epitome of how so many people have lost their ways since 2007.

BenIsForRon
11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Both rallies showed that we have a long way to go.

However, I believe it's going to be easier to bring reason to the people at Jon Stewart's rally than Glen Beck's. Just look at Jon Stewart or Rachel Maddow's reaction to Ron Paul's free-market ideas vs. Fox News' reaction to Ron Paul's foreign policy ideas. Who was more militant? Fox News, by leaps and bounds. Their viewers tend to mirror that attitude as well.

AuH20
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM

However, I believe it's going to be easier to bring reason to the people at Jon Stewart's rally than Glen Beck's. Just look at Jon Stewart or Rachel Maddow's reaction to Ron Paul's free-market ideas vs. Fox News' reaction to Ron Paul's foreign policy ideas. Who was more militant? Fox News, by leaps and bounds. Their viewers tend to mirror that attitude as well.

Rachel Maddow loves Rand Paul's free market ideas. She was tickled pink to learn about free association and private property. ;)

BenIsForRon
11-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Rachel Maddow loves Rand Paul's free market ideas. She was tickled pink to learn about free association and private property. ;)

You didn't understand me. They respectfully disagreed with Ron, whereas Fox accused him of "taking marching orders from Al-Qaeda".

silverhandorder
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM

The right has came around for us by leaps and bounds. However while I was trolling DU I overheard some conversations and Stewart started a fire storm there by saying the extreme left was just like the extreme right. Edit a lot of people agree with him which gives me hope.

AuH20
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
You didn't understand me. They respectfully disagreed with Ron, whereas Fox accused him of "taking marching orders from Al-Qaeda".

The left likes to use Ron as a wedge, when he's obviously powerless in the GOP power structure. Now regarding Fox, it has an heavy imperialist slant, however, Ron did a poor job of ingratiating himself to Fox viewers. He got caught up in that petty squabble with Giulani which was completely avoidable. That wasn't the time nor the place to throw his increasingly popular brand down the toilet on a no-win question.

Todd
11-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, thats the meme they are trying to sell you, Obama being this ineffectual leader who can't get anything done because he is playing too nice. Meanwhile he has moved this country more to the left than anyone since GEORGE W BUSH and in dictatorial style despite loud cries of NO from the people.

fixed

Depressed Liberator
11-01-2010, 07:11 PM
The left likes to use Ron as a wedge, when he's obviously powerless in the GOP power structure. Now regarding Fox, it has an heavy imperialist slant, however, Ron did a poor job of ingratiating himself to Fox viewers. He got caught up in that petty squabble with Giulani which was completely avoidable. That wasn't the time nor the place to throw his increasingly popular brand down the toilet on a no-win question.

He didn't do a poor job at all. You're just not very smart.