PDA

View Full Version : Help me fill out my ballot!

Style
10-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Outside of BJ, I'm not sure who I'm voting for. Are there any other good liberty candidates on the ballot?

Style
10-31-2010, 07:27 AM
Hmmm, I can't even seem to find out who is on the ballot so that I can do research. Can any one point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Southron
10-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Judges are very important.

Where I live the only choices I had were US Senator, School Board, and judges.

Everyone else was running uncontested as Republicans.

Southron
10-31-2010, 08:40 AM
This was my ballot minus the local and uncontested races.

US Senate: Elaine Marshall (D), Richard Burr (R), Michael Beitler (L)

Nonpartisan Offices: Supreme Court Associate Justice: Robert C. (Bob) Hunter or Barbara Jackson
Court of Appeals Judge: Sanford Steelman
Court of Appeals Judge: Ann Marie Calabria or Jane Gray
Court of Appeals Judge: Rick Elmore or Steven Walker
Court of Appeals Judge: Martha Geer or Dean R. Poirier
Referendum: Constitutional Amendment: Constitutional*amendment providing that no person convicted of a felony may serve as Sheriff: for or against
Special instructions - Instant runoff voting: a) Choose up to 3 candidates for the following office in order of your preference: 1st, 2nd, 3rd. b) Select a different candidate for each choice. c) Your 2nd and 3rd choices will not count against your 1st choice; they will only be considered in a runoff if your 1st choice is not in the runoff.*
Court of Appeals Judge: Mark your 1st choice here:
John F. Bloss
J. Wesley Casteen
Chris Dillon
Jewel Ann Farlow
Daniel E. Garner
Stan Hammer
Mark E. Klass
Doug McCullough
Anne Middleton
Harry E. Payne, Jr.
John Sullivan
Cressie Thigpen
Pamela M. Vesper

Style
10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
If you go here you can get a sample ballot:

http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/Default.aspx?s=0

Judges are very important.

I agree; however, I'm having a hard time evaluating them. Going to their web sites, they all say things like "I respect the state constitution" and "I make fair judgements". Well yeah, of course they are going to say that.

How do I know which ones are true servants of liberty and which ones are just cogs in the machine? Is there a good libertarian minded site that can give a break down down of their track record? Actions speak louder than words.

One Last Battle!
11-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Put Beitler in for Senate, he is a pretty good candidate.

Beside that, I am not sure.

GunnyFreedom
11-01-2010, 04:36 AM
I really like Daniel E. Garner in the instant runoff (Wynn Seat)

GunnyFreedom
11-01-2010, 04:37 AM
I do recommend Barbara Jackson for Supreme Court

Southron
11-01-2010, 06:02 AM
I really like Daniel E. Garner in the instant runoff (Wynn Seat)

He was my top choice in the Wynn seat. I really liked what I heard about him.

Southron
11-01-2010, 06:10 AM
I agree; however, I'm having a hard time evaluating them. Going to their web sites, they all say things like "I respect the state constitution" and "I make fair judgements". Well yeah, of course they are going to say that.

How do I know which ones are true servants of liberty and which ones are just cogs in the machine? Is there a good libertarian minded site that can give a break down down of their track record? Actions speak louder than words.

It's difficult to know exactly how they will decide but imo Democrats are usually more inclined to being activist judges and /or believe in "living constitutions" so I usually narrow the list by taking them out. (the registered ones I mean).

That gives me a good starting point.

Style
11-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Put Beitler in for Senate, he is a pretty good candidate.

Yeah, there is no way I was going to vote for Burr. He's just a cog in the machine, a lesser of two evils. Lesser evil is still evil. I'm done voting that way.

Wish there were more libertarians on the ballot. **sigh**

marc1888
11-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Outside of BJ, I'm not sure who I'm voting for. Are there any other good liberty candidates on the ballot?

Outside of BJ and Beitler it would depend where you are :)

I voted for Ann Maria Calabria because of her support for more open ballot access laws to allow the LP on the ticket. Tom Murray is also a good choice in the Cary area and is a supporter of BJ. Glen Bradley of course but i am assuming you will know of him already... ;)