PDA

View Full Version : Caught On Tape: CBS Affiliate KTVA Reporters Plotting Smear Against Joe Miller

Zatch
10-31-2010, 01:54 AM
http://www.breitbart.tv/caught-on-tape-reporters-overheard-plotting-smear-against-joe-miller/

A voice mail message was inadvertantly left on the cell phone of Joe Miller Campaign spokesperson, Randy DeSoto.

The voices are believed to be those of the news director for CBS Anchorage affiliate KTVA, along with assignment editor Nick McDermott, and other reporters, openly discussing creating, if not fabricating, two stories about Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, Joe Miller

YouTube - Miller (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftAylfUoogg)

FEMALE REPORTER: That’s up to you because you're the expert, but that’s what I would do...I’d wait until you see who showed up because that indicates we already know something...
[Laughter]
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE REPORTER: Child molesters...
MALE REPORTER: Oh yeah... can you repeat Joe Miller’s...uh... list of people, campaign workers, which one's the molester?
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE VOICE: We know that out of all the people that will show up tonight, at least one of them will be a registered sex offender.
[Laughter]
MALE REPORTER: You have to find that one person...
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE REPORTER: And the one thing we can do is ....we won’t know....we won’t know but if there is any sort of chaos whatsoever we can put out a twitter/facebook alert: saying what the... ‘Hey Joe Miller punched at rally.’
FEMALE REPORTER: Kinda like Rand Paul...I like that.
[Laughter]
FEMALE REPORTER: That’s a good one.

merrimac
10-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Behold, the glory of American democracy, the becan of freedom to the world.

kkassam
10-31-2010, 02:30 AM
Wow. Sounds like those two studied (http://unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2007/07/democracy-as-adaptive-fiction.html) their Walter Lippman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Opinion#The_Manufacture_of_Consent) well back in J-School.

youngbuck
10-31-2010, 02:48 AM
No integrity, no honor, dirty.

fj45lvr
10-31-2010, 02:57 AM
basic scum....

nice to know that TV is dying and people like these will lose their jobs:)

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 03:27 AM
wow im soooo schocked
not
anyone remember in 2008 after the primary was over. when some dude who voted for Ron Paul killed someone.
The headlines on anchorage station sites was something like: "Ron Paul supporter kills a man.."
they even mentioned Ron Paul when they were highlighting the crime in the newscast
as if everyone who kills someone or steals something gets a headline about the person he voted for? imagine what sh*t storm a headline like "Obama supporter robs a gas station" wouldve made. what a load of crock and what a corrupt bs state alaska is. this is worse than chicago

edit: heres the bs i was talking about. even in the newer stories they keep calling him Ron Paul former campaign chairman and they roll out pictures with a Ron Paul sign
WTF liberals? wtf?
http://www.ktuu.com/ktuu-crawfordoptstodefendhimse-11812919,0,4982015.story

JCF
10-31-2010, 03:30 AM
Shit like this is probably so common, so unfortunate... Can't say I'm shocked.

Stary Hickory
10-31-2010, 06:28 AM
I hope that bitch is fired

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 06:31 AM

amen

Bern
10-31-2010, 07:12 AM
Old media sucks.

PatriotOne
10-31-2010, 07:18 AM
That’s up to you because you're the expert,

Sounds like business as usual eh? They even have an expert! Time to identify them both and make their lives miserable.

pcosmar
10-31-2010, 07:24 AM
Saw the same during the Ron Paul campaign at Mackinac Island. A Fox News man telling the camera man not to film any Paul supporters. Was caught on tape.
The MSM has NO credibility. They manipulate or fabricate stories, and refuse to report on some.

This is also the reason I don't involve myself "officially" with campaigns that I favor.
I don't want to be used against them.
:(

AGRP
10-31-2010, 09:23 AM
I'll just wait for this to become a msm scandal that will dominate the airways for a week.

*picture of skeleton*

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Is Breitbart the source? If that is the case it's best to consider it bunk until proven otherwise. That little manipulator has proven to be quite the douche bag.

MRoCkEd
10-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Sarah Palin calls the Alaska Media "Corrupt Bastards"
http://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/29270486491#

angelatc
10-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Is Breitbart the source? If that is the case it's best to consider it bunk until proven otherwise. That little manipulator has proven to be quite the douche bag.

I think he's awesome.

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 09:53 AM
I think he's awesome.

I don't consider people who bend the truth just because it's convenient for their politics awesome. I figure we all should have learned by now thanks to the Shirley Sherrod incident. Do you consider what he did to that woman virtuous?

angelatc
10-31-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't consider people who bend the truth just because it's convenient for their politics awesome. I figure we all should have learned by now thanks to the Shirley Sherrod incident. Do you consider what he did to that woman virtuous?

I have no sympathy for Sherrod. But even so, please quote the passage from Breitbart's writings that upsets you so.

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 10:21 AM
I have no sympathy for Sherrod. But even so, please quote the passage from Breitbart's writings that upsets you so.

It has to do with him posting a deceptively edited video resulting in a pseudo character assassination. Is that honorable? Is that someone worthy of trust?

Zatch
10-31-2010, 11:16 AM
It has to do with him posting a deceptively edited video resulting in a pseudo character assassination. Is that honorable? Is that someone worthy of trust?

Breitbart wasn't the one who edited the video and he wasn't the one who fired Sherrod without the facts. Also, It's a myth that the original video Breitbart posted didn't include Sherrod saying she had a change of heart on race. EVEN CHRIS MATHEWS DEFENDED HIM ON THIS:

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2010/07/29/matthews-slams-dean-defends-breitbart-sherrod-video-included-her-redemption/

osan
10-31-2010, 11:34 AM

Don't hold your breath.

angelatc
10-31-2010, 11:46 AM

So you didn't actually read his commentary on the video. You just watched it on somebody else's site, formed an opinion, found out that opinion was wrong, (and NOT the point Brietbart was making when he posted it,) and then decided to blame Breitbart for your own shortcomings?

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 11:53 AM
So you didn't actually read his commentary on the video. You just watched it on somebody else's site, formed an opinion, found out that opinion was wrong, (and NOT the point Brietbart was making when he posted it,) and then decided to blame Breitbart for your own shortcomings?

I watched it from his youtube channel when he released it and then watched the unedited version released by the NAACP. What he says is irrelevant to the point. His actions are what I am going by. The fact that he left out the proper context is telling enough.

angelatc
10-31-2010, 11:57 AM
I watched it from his youtube channel when he released it and then watched the unedited version released by the NAACP. What he says is irrelevant to the point. His actions are what I am going by. The fact that he left out the proper context is telling enough.

So you watched from his Youtube channel without reading the commentary that he posted along with it. And that's his fault.

After watching about 1000 journalists and bloggers take Ron Paul out of context, I would have thought we were better than that.

Like I said, I think he's awesome.

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Breitbart wasn't the one who edited the video and he wasn't the one who fired Sherrod without the facts. Also, It's a myth that the original video Breitbart posted didn't include Sherrod saying she had a change of heart on race. EVEN CHRIS MATHEWS DEFENDED HIM ON THIS:

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2010/07/29/matthews-slams-dean-defends-breitbart-sherrod-video-included-her-redemption/

I saw the video for myself on his channel and it was out of context. Even the video linked in the blog contradicts your claim.

EndDaFed
10-31-2010, 12:02 PM
So you watched from his Youtube channel without reading the commentary that he posted along with it. And that's his fault.

After watching about 1000 journalists and bloggers take Ron Paul out of context, I would have thought we were better than that.

Like I said, I think he's awesome.

It's irrelevant. How does what he wrote on his blog make up for posting a video with out of context content? Let's say I took some tape of Ron Paul from the 80's and posted a clip on a youtube channel that is out of context. What would it matter what I wrote on some blog? If it was later shown that what I posted was out of context would you trust what video I uploaded in the future?

angelatc
10-31-2010, 12:34 PM
It's irrelevant. How does what he wrote on his blog make up for posting a video with out of context content? Let's say I took some tape of Ron Paul from the 80's and posted a clip on a youtube channel that is out of context. What would it matter what I wrote on some blog? If it was later shown that what I posted was out of context would you trust what video I uploaded in the future?

Don't celebrate ignorance.

The point is that Brietbart's channel is used to provide video for his commentary, and not vice versa. You and others were taking that video out of context, despite the fact that he did not edit it, and the video he posted included her somewhat weak repudiation of her former self.

Again, the video was posted as he received it - he did not edit it. When he wrote about it, he used it to contrast another video he posted in the same commentary, which summarizes the point he was making:

The second video affirms the real reason there is tension between the Democratic Party and a growing mass of middle Americans — and it’s not because of race.

The NAACP which has transformed from a civil rights group to a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party and social-justice politics, supports a new America that relies less on individualism, entrepreneurialism and American grit, but instead giddily embraces, the un-American notion of unaccountability and government dependence.

"But I didn't actually read it, and therefore missed the point!" is really why you don't like him?

MsDoodahs
10-31-2010, 12:40 PM
One of the top guys from that CBS affiliate in Alaska has already confirmed that the audio IS legit and the voices ARE of his employees.

'course he says we're taking what they were discussing all wrong....lol.....

fj45lvr
10-31-2010, 01:04 PM
One of the top guys from that CBS affiliate in Alaska has already confirmed that the audio IS legit and the voices ARE of his employees.

'course he says we're taking what they were discussing all wrong....lol.....

let's get them identified!! who exactly are they??

Brian4Liberty
10-31-2010, 02:13 PM
who exactly are they??

Standard, unbiased, impartial reporters and editors. :rolleyes:

revolutionary8
10-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Goood F'IN GAWD this shizit get's my blood boiling, I have half a mind to take a vac to AK, just to help him out and rip around that GORGEOUS state, AND I'm gonna send him THE $$CHA CHING$$ TODAY. :mad:

revolutionary8
10-31-2010, 05:03 PM
I think he's awesome.

He f'in RIPS. I just wish he were more of a non-interventionalist in his FOREIGN POLICY. :(
'BIG PEACE' can go straight to hell.

Brian4Liberty
11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Any updates on this story?

HOLLYWOOD
11-01-2010, 11:03 AM
the CBS conspiracy attempt to kill Joe Miller's victory.

Unsurprisingly, Alaska NBC affilliate)Anchorage and MSDNC Chuck Todd's morning propaganda show played a Left/Left report on the "media agency" that are accused of attempted report on Miller and/or his campaign staff. It was absolutely incredible how they turned this whole story around leaving you with the feeling Miller and party associates are guilty. Talk about masterful JourNOlism. I mean, if it was the first time you heard about it from NBC, you would think Miller and his campaign staffers were all guilty. Absolutely a hit piece by NBC defending CBS AK News Crew's political plotting.

No one in MSM is mentioning 'CBS' as the MSM media collaborators(imagine that :rolleyes: ), which the CBS affiliate has already admitted it was them on the voice mail(NBC failed to mention that too)... BUT, stated they we just discussing possible scenarios if stories were true. :rolleyes:

Romulus
11-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Shit like this is probably so common, so unfortunate... Can't say I'm shocked.

Yeah, and this is only one case that we have heard about.. imagine the countless others..

Bern
11-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Any updates on this story?

Seems to be getting a fair amount of media coverage:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Randy+DeSoto%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7DKUS_en#q=%22Randy+DeSoto%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7DKUS_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn&fp=2dd707524cbf6778

HOLLYWOOD
11-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Seems to be getting a fair amount of media coverage:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Randy+DeSoto%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7DKUS_en#q=%22Randy+DeSoto%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7DKUS_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn&fp=2dd707524cbf6778 (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Randy+DeSoto%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7DKUS_en#q=%22Randy+DeSoto%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7DKUS_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn&fp=2dd707524cbf6778)

Beck just ripped into CBS station Miller smear conspiring in Alaska.

Looks like FOX is carrying it...