PDA

View Full Version : O'Donnell making a comeback!

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Got a e-mail in my inbox from her campaign asking for last minute money. Seems her poll numbers are up, from Coons having a 21 point lead to 10 points now. Obama is coming back to Delaware to campaign for Coons on Monday. He was there less than 2 weeks ago...

http://blogs.delawareonline.com/dialoguedelaware/2010/10/29/monmouth-poll-odonnell-within-10-points-of-coons/

Monmouth Poll: O’Donnell within 10 points of Coons

In what is sure to be a surge of polling data coming at the end of the race, the newest numbers from Monmouth University show Democrat Chris Coons leading Republican Christine O’Donnell by 10 percentage points.

The newest poll, shows O’Donnell with 41 percent and Coons with 51 percent of those polled. The poll of 1171 likely voters was conducted October 25 to 27 and has a margin of error of 2.7 percentage points.

This is the second poll to be released this week. Fairleigh Dickinson University released numbers yesterday showing Coons with a 21 point lead over O’Donnell.

Monmouth also polled the U.S. House race, finding Democrat John Carney ahead of Republican Glen Urquhart by 7 percentage points. FDU’s poll had Carney with a 17 point lead.

The poll asked participants if they thought Coons and O’Donnell were qualified to hold office. Of those polled, 56 percent said O’Donnell was unqualified and 25 percent said Coons was unqualified.

paulitics
10-30-2010, 08:45 PM
I think her chances are much higher, and the recent attacks on her sexual affairs by the sleazy media, may actually earn her some women sympathy votes.

A few weeks ago, I would have said no way to voting for O'donnell, but now if I were in Delaware i would probably hold my nose and vote for her.

She is a little bit too neoconny and preachy on some things, but the absurd caricature of her portrayed by the media makes me think she has potential. They are certainly very afraid of her.

MozoVote
10-30-2010, 09:24 PM
If I lived in Delaware, I'd probably be bothered by her personal financial picture - and that she has burned through 5 campaign treasurers during this senate run. That tells me she is either hard to work with, or there is something shady in the campaign expenditures that made her treasurers nervous about signing off on her statements.

revolutionary8
10-30-2010, 09:31 PM
I am torn. She will either become a martyr or a demon witch lady. I don't think she will really have a say either way. I think I might actually want her to lose but I am not certain of that, either way I have no say, and I am super glad about that. :confused:

low preference guy
10-30-2010, 09:34 PM
I am torn. She will either become a martyr or a demon witch lady. I don't think she will really have a say either way. I think I might actually want her to lose but I am not certain of that, either way I have no say, and I am super glad about that. :confused:

she should win. she'd at least vote to repeal obama care. the dem candidate won't.

revolutionary8
10-30-2010, 09:36 PM
she should win. she'd at least vote to repeal health care. the dem candidate won't.

People said the same thing about Scott Brown and now we have another "polished" and "photogenic" neoliberal Playgirl Playmate (or whatever they call them) "serving" CONgress. :rolleyes:

libertybrewcity
10-30-2010, 09:41 PM
If I lived in Delaware, I'd probably be bothered by her personal financial picture - and that she has burned through 5 campaign treasurers during this senate run. That tells me she is either hard to work with, or there is something shady in the campaign expenditures that made her treasurers nervous about signing off on her statements.

What she does is live off of her campaign funds. She can just write everything off as a campaign expense and it is totally legitimate. She has a few million dollars in the bank and that will last her quite a while.

bolidew
10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Seeing how MSM treated her reminds me of RP's 08 run, and I will vote for her.

revolutionary8
10-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Seeing how MSM treated her reminds me of RP's 08 run, and I will vote for her.

That is one of the best reasons I have heard from a local standpoint thus far. I am not sure about the opposition, but yeah, makes sense to me.
DISCLAIMER: voting for her and hoping she wins are two different things. I voted for Ron Paul, but now, hs/2020- deep,deep down, I think I wanted the Dems to take it for too many reasons to list.

cindy25
10-30-2010, 10:06 PM
its not about O'Donnell , but the symbol she has become; if she wins Snowe, Collins etc will think twice about voting with Obama.

if she loses moderates will blame her for losing the senate seat

merrimac
10-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Let me just be a shallow guy for one minute: if she wins she will be the hottest member of congress. She is the eye-candy this election season. I felt the media has been very unfair to her. Karl Rove coming out and attacking her made me like her even more. I would love to see her win.

rprprs
10-30-2010, 10:36 PM
its not about O'Donnell , but the symbol she has become; if she wins Snowe, Collins etc will think twice about voting with Obama.

if she loses moderates will blame her for losing the senate seat

Indeed. You nailed it. And for the symbolism alone, I would have no problem casting my vote for her.

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Let me just be a shallow guy for one minute: if she wins she will be the hottest member of congress. She is the eye-candy this election season. I felt the media has been very unfair to her. Karl Rove coming out and attacking her made me like her even more. I would love to see her win.

Totally agree with you! Speaking of eye candy, I think Mary Landrieu currently holds that title, but I suspect she will get a pink slip on Tuesday due to taking that Obamacare bribe... - that is unless I overlooked one of the freshman that get about zero face time. And no, they have to be actual members of Congress - Kucinich's "trophy bride" doesn't count...

Michele Bachmann is pretty hot too...

Any other nominations for current "hottest" member of Congress?

Ah heck - lets make this co-ed. RPF gals (and gay guys) - feel free to nominate your fav "beefcake"...

If we get enough nominations, we can do a poll.

-t

emazur
10-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Totally agree with you! Speaking of eye candy, I think Mary Landrieu currently holds that title, but I suspect she will get a pink slip on Tuesday due to taking that Obamacare bribe... - that is unless I overlooked one of the freshman that get about zero face time. And no, they have to be actual members of Congress - Kucinich's "trophy bride" doesn't count...

Michele Bachmann is pretty hot too...

Any other nominations for current "hottest" member of Congress?

Ah heck - lets make this co-ed. RPF gals (and gay guys) - feel free to nominate your fav "beefcake"...

If we get enough nominations, we can do a poll.

-t

Never heard of Landrieu til you mentioned her - just googled but found Bachmann to be much, much hotter. Anyway, as far as possible up and coming hotties go, this broad Jaime Herrera is currently a WA state rep (GOP) and is running for US Congress
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Zm6JXvXXze4/TJI_xyMN9YI/AAAAAAAANS8/FZ7oYUYUBQk/s200/JaimeHerreraWA.jpg
According to an article I came across, she's married and I think 31 or 32. I never would have even known about her but I kept seeing this attack ads against her on tv showing her pic and I got a bit curious.

revolutionary8
10-30-2010, 11:47 PM
???

aGameOfThrones
10-31-2010, 12:43 AM
http://community.spiceworks.com/attachments/post/0001/2422/TheCoon.jpg

Stary Hickory
10-31-2010, 06:06 AM
I'd like to see Odonnell win but I am tired of these hyper religious GOP candidates the GOP seems to find. She actually talks intelligently, most of the smear is irrelevant and stupid but I don't think she has a chance in hell of overcoming a 10 point lead.

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 06:18 AM
http://community.spiceworks.com/attachments/post/0001/2422/TheCoon.jpg

*shrug*
no one gives a crap

The REAL important question is

WHO IS MYSTERION? :D:p

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/behind/staff-art/jeff-delgado/285_mysterion-comicbook-by-jeff-delgado.jpg