PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Football Blitz October 27th!

Rob
10-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Hello everyone,

I would like to announce that we're going forward with the big college football game event on October 27th, calling it the "Ron Paul Football Blitz."

The following is the form letter that I will be sending out:

I am Rob Johnson, Chairman University of Michigan Students for Ron Paul, and I would like to announce that we are coordinating the Ron Paul Football Blitz on October 27th. The plan is to have Ron Paul suppoters campaigning at every major college football game that Saturday. We already have many schools covered, and I am asking that you campaign at the (_________________). We have already done this several times at the University of Michigan with very positive results. The following is a video of us before the Notre Dame - Michigan game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BFy--JHgYIw

I have been working closely with Jeff Frazee from the national campaign office. If we are able to get enough games covered, he will make this on official event on the RonPaul2008.com calender! I think this has the potentional to be a huge success, and may even attract national media attention. We're telling the media in Ann Arbor about it, and you should tell your local media too if you participate. Though we've actually had an airplane flying a banner around the stadium for our games with "Ron Paul for President" and an American flag, you would be surprised how much success just a few supporters with signs can be at these games. In fact, in the video above we only had 5 people, but we reached tens of thousands. Ron Paul himself watched the video and it likely had something to do with his decision to visit Michigan and hold a rally.

We're also planning on making a video of the national event with footage from every single location. We have a professional editing team lined up to create it. Mark Frasier, the leader has requested that you do 3 things if you want to send your footage:
!) Establishing shot to show where you are (footage of recognizable landmarks, i.e. the stadium)
2) A zoomed out short clip of the background crowd
3) The actual content (footage of yourselves and the fans reaction to you)
You don't need a high quality camera or professional cameraman, as long as you take decent video of those 3 things you footage will be good enough to make the video, and you might we surprised how well it can turn out.
As I said before, Ron Paul himself watched our first video and was impressed, he will almost certainly watch this one and see you if you're in it!

I ask that you tell as many people as possible and pass this message along to as many relevant places as you can. We already have games totally nearly a million fans covered, and we can get millions more!
Everyone that is interested please contact me at rob_johnson (a) earthlink.net or use the contact info at michigan4ronpaul.com/umich.

Regards,
Rob Johnson
Chairman University of Michigan Students for Ron Paul

I need everyone's help in spreading the word about this. Please contact all the relevant meetups and student's organizations that you can think of.

Also, if anyone knows how to contact m.bellmore please either tell me or tell her to get in touch with me. She had this idea originally and I'm hoping we can work together in coordinating this.

Let's show the nation how much support we have on the ground!

Rob
10-19-2007, 11:49 AM
The previous letter had a few typos. They have been corrected in the following.

I am Rob Johnson, Chairman University of Michigan Students for Ron Paul, and I would like to announce that we are coordinating the Ron Paul Football Blitz on October 27th. The plan is to have Ron Paul supporters campaigning at every major college football game that Saturday. We already have many schools covered, and I am asking that you campaign at the (_________________). We have already done this several times at the University of Michigan with very positive results. The following is a video of us before the Notre Dame - Michigan game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BFy--JHgYIw

I have been working closely with Jeff Frazee from the national campaign office. If we are able to get enough games covered, he will make this on official event on the RonPaul2008.com calender! I think this has the potential to be a huge success, and may even attract national media attention. We're telling the media in Ann Arbor about it, and you should tell your local media too if you participate. Though we've actually had an airplane flying a banner around the stadium for our games with "Ron Paul for President" and an American flag, you would be surprised how much success just a few supporters with signs can be at these games. In fact, in the video above we only had 5 people, but we reached tens of thousands. Ron Paul himself watched the video and it likely had something to do with his decision to visit Michigan and hold a rally.

We're also planning on making a video of the national event with footage from every single location. We have a professional editing team lined up to create it. Mark Frasier, the leader has requested that you do 3 things if you want to send your footage:
!) Establishing shot to show where you are (footage of recognizable landmarks, i.e. the stadium)
2) A zoomed out short clip of the background crowd
3) The actual content (footage of yourselves and the fans reaction to you)
You don't need a high quality camera or professional cameraman, as long as you take decent video of those 3 things you footage will be good enough to make the video, and you might we surprised how well it can turn out.
As I said before, Ron Paul himself watched our first video and was impressed, he will almost certainly watch this one and see you if you're in it!

I ask that you tell as many people as possible and pass this message along to as many relevant places as you can. We already have games totally nearly a million fans covered, and we can get millions more!
Everyone that is interested please contact me at rob_johnson (a) earthlink.net or use the contact info at michigan4ronpaul.com/umich.

Regards,
Rob Johnson
Chairman University of Michigan Students for Ron Paul

Rob
10-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Apparently, I'm going to really need everyone's help. I can only send emails to 3 different meetups per day. If anyone is seriously interested in spread the word about this, contact me and I can give you 3 meetups.

McDermit
10-19-2007, 12:30 PM
The Penn State meetup is aware of it. No need to contact them.

Rob
10-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I know they've been told about the event in general, but what about having someone take footage?

M.Bellmore
10-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Apparently, I'm going to really need everyone's help. I can only send emails to 3 different meetups per day. If anyone is seriously interested in spread the word about this, contact me and I can give you 3 meetups.

So you are sending to all the meetups? I suppose you could use my spreadsheet as a starting point. Those are the meetups I have sent emails to already. The highlighted ones have already responded to me. If you want me to forward the emails let me know.

Or if you want the entire spreadsheet, I can email that too.

surf
10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/987/?gj=sj6
send a message to this group. i'm having a tough time getting them to post it.

Rob
10-19-2007, 02:00 PM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/987/?gj=sj6
send a message to this group. i'm having a tough time getting them to post it.

They're on my list but unfortunately, I can only send emails to 3 different meetups per day. Does anyone know of a way around this?

Rob
10-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Gonna keep this up top for a few days hopefully no one objects. Also, I've heard back from a few places; so far so good, but I'd like to speed this up. How can I get in touch with all the relevant meetups at once?