PDA

View Full Version : Support Ron Paul for Speaker of the House

sharpsteve2003
10-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Written by sergeyinspace
Austin, TX
http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/Support-Ron-Paul-for-Speaker-of-the-House.aspx
Ron Paul will take the steps necessary to change our Federal Government. I recommend reading his books, starting with "Revolution". The United States Congress has shirked it's responsibility for years.
Send the media and your representative a message, fax, email or call. Tell them you want to see Ron Paul become Speaker of the House.

Visit the Facebook page, "Support Ron Paul for Speaker of the House" and click the "Like" button. Then "Share" it to your Facebook page, twitter account, blog, and email it to a friend. Tell them all you support Ron Paul's message of liberty and freedom for Americans. Tell them you want the Federal Reserve to operate legally in full transparency and be audited - continually.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-Ron-Paul-for-Speaker-of-the-House/107153466013501

Anti Federalist
10-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Support Ron Paul for Speaker of the House

I fully endorse this idea.

johnrocks
10-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I would literally need to take cold showers every day and place a nitroglycerin pill under my tongue daily for a month I'd be so damn excited if this happened.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
10-30-2010, 05:55 PM
I proposed this idea the other day in the RPF chat room. Glad someone else is like-minded in this pursuit. I also wrote the Daily Paul about starting a call bomb to all the newly elected Congressmen. I know we'd have support from guys like BJ Lawson and Justin Amash if/when they get into office. I'm sure there are PLENTY others that would support his nomination. Let's do it, guys.

tpreitzel
10-30-2010, 05:59 PM
The time is right, I think.

james1906
10-30-2010, 06:13 PM
The GOP could do it to say "Hey, we're fiscal conservatives now!" Whatever the motives, I'm for it.

klamath
10-30-2010, 06:14 PM
This would be awsome maybe more power the the president however I see very little chance of it happening. Short of this we absolutely have to make sure that RP becomes chairman of the house finance commtiee. We most NOT let any slight of hand rob him of that again.

JK/SEA
10-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Be tough to run a Presidential campaign and be Speaker at the same time, no? pick one.

james1906
10-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Be tough to run a Presidential campaign and be Speaker at the same time, no? pick one.

Easier. He'll have more power and name recognition.

TNforPaul45
10-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately, I do NOT support this in the least. Yes he could do some good, but the Speaker of the House is always the target of the failure of the party in power. When the republicans screw up, and THEY WILL, we do NOT want Ron Paul to be the figurehead of their failure as the man holding the gavel.

Let the crook Bohner be the guy up there on the podium, since he is such a "tea partier" (he's not, which is ironic, he does not represent the crowd that is taking back the congress for the republicans).

Let Paul focus on his run.

alsis8xmy
10-30-2010, 07:14 PM
I fully support this. Congress, if it decides to fully assert its constitutional authority, can be the most powerful branch of the federal government. Under speaker Paul, the full power of impeachment could be used to check unconstitutional powers at all levels of the Executive and Judical branches of government. The full power of the purse could be utilitzed to dismantle the welfare/warfare state. A speaker that could rally 2/3 support of the house would be a powerful force indeed! A position of power in any branch of government is always a target and should not be a deterent. The beauty of the speakership is that it is also not term limited like the presidency. Presidential signing statements could become impeachable offenses against the constitution etc. Congressional oversight and its full investigative powers could be given the teeth they need and brought to bear where they would be most effective to restore constitutional order. One can only hope.

klamath
10-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Unfortunately, I do NOT support this in the least. Yes he could do some good, but the Speaker of the House is always the target of the failure of the party in power. When the republicans screw up, and THEY WILL, we do NOT want Ron Paul to be the figurehead of their failure as the man holding the gavel.

Let the crook Bohner be the guy up there on the podium, since he is such a "tea partier" (he's not, which is ironic, he does not represent the crowd that is taking back the congress for the republicans).

The speaker controls the who and how the house votes. Pelosi is hated just because she got many progressive ideas passed that she always wanted. The house wasn't as progressive as her yet she got it passed because of the power of speaker.
The president is even more responsible for the deeds of congress and will pay the price if his agenda cannot be passed.

ChaosControl
10-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Speakership could be even better than the Presidency, I'm all for it.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
10-30-2010, 07:27 PM
There is no one more qualified for the job in the GOP. Ron would be able to bring bills to vote like audit the fed, read the bills, term limits, etc. This would be the perfect time for him to introduce common sense, bipartisan legislation and get tremendous name recognition. If Paul doesn't want to run for President, this is the next best thing, IMO. Plus, he's only 2 heartbeats away from becoming President.

TNforPaul45
10-30-2010, 07:32 PM
* shakes head *

Anti Federalist
10-30-2010, 07:41 PM

Valid point.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
10-30-2010, 07:54 PM
When the republicans screw up, and THEY WILL, we do NOT want Ron Paul to be the figurehead of their failure as the man holding the gavel.

So the GOP is going to screw up and we expect Americans to then elect a GOP president? I'm not sure I'm following your logic. You are aware that Paul will get to control which legislation gets voted on, yes? Imagine the anger of Americans if Paul brings a Read the Bills act to the floor and it doesn't get passed. Anyone that votes against that bill will never be re-elected. Ditto for something like a straight up and down on audits of the Federal Reserve and Fort Knox.

klamath
10-30-2010, 08:07 PM
So the GOP is going to screw up and we expect Americans to then elect a GOP president? I'm not sure I'm following your logic. You are aware that Paul will get to control which legislation gets voted on, yes? Imagine the anger of Americans if Paul brings a Read the Bills act to the floor and it doesn't get passed. Anyone that votes against that bill will never be re-elected. Ditto for something like a straight up and down on audits of the Federal Reserve and Fort Knox.
yeaw, if the GOP screws up that bad in the next two years there is no way in hell RP is going to get elected. RP IS tied to this congress this time and will be take the heat with the rest of the republicans now. At most five teaparty senators will be elected but this congess will be called the teaparty congress. Ron and Rand are solidly tied to the teaparty like it or not. Failure of congress means failure for them.

sailingaway
10-30-2010, 08:22 PM
They'd never give it because he could unilaterally decide which bills do, and do not, come to the floor for a vote.

Besides he is up for leadership of one of the banking committees. Last time he was up the GOP disbanded the committee until they could get someone senior to lead it. That should not be allowed this time. Let's see how much clout we have.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
10-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Besides he is up for leadership of one of the banking committees.

Banking committee? Let's not sell RP short. Amash or Lawson could head up the banking committee with their knowledge of Austrian economics. I'm not saying they'll be in the running, but it really wouldn't make that much difference.

low preference guy
10-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Banking committee? Let's not sell RP short. Amash or Lawson could head up the banking committee with their knowledge of Austrian economics. I'm not saying they'll be in the running, but it really wouldn't make that much difference.

you're pretty new here, right?

seniority counts. knowledge of Austrian economics doesn't count at all for chairing committees.

i see you're also talking about Ron Paul being speaker. FYI: it's not going to happen and you're wasting your time.

alsis8xmy
10-30-2010, 08:52 PM
you're pretty new here, right?

seniority counts. knowledge of Austrian economics doesn't count at all for chairing committees.

i see you're also talking about Ron Paul being speaker. FYI: it's not going to happen and you're wasting your time.

Wow, where would that attitude have gotten us back in 07??? Also, replace the word speaker with presidency and we really have a mover and shaker now (sarcasm off)! Comon, get with the program! This is about thinking big. I think speaker is a real possibility if we can mobilize the same type of effort as we saw with HR 1207!

TNforPaul45
10-30-2010, 08:58 PM

Ron Paul would not be a GOP president. That's the whole point. If we wanted a GOP president, then this would be the Mitt Romney Forums.

If the liberty movement gets too close to the GOP in this go around, then when the great left-right paradigm pendulum swings back to the dems in 2-4 years, we will get burned for being in bed (with them) when everyone is sick of the corrupt, criminal GOP and they decide to vote for the corrupt, criminal Dems.

The whole point of what we are trying to do is educate and enlighten people that the left-right fiction story is OVER and we offer an ALTERNATIVE to the "game," we provide an out. In reality it is the Dems/GOP (The Federalists) who have 95% of the vote and the "rest" of us, mostly the liberty movement, that has the other 5%. But only a small percentage of the eligible voting American citizenry votes. Why? Because they know not to get caught up in the sham of the left-right, the know it's pointless because both sides never help them, only themselves (the parties).

The point is that we have to break through to those people who don't care. Usually they vote when things get bad or there's a big scandal, because politics isn't a daily thought in their lives.

We have already seen what happened when we extended an olive branch to the GOP. They co-opted us. Now it's the Sarah Palin Glen Beck Tea Party. And now to the thousands that follow them, liberty means voting for Sarah Palin and the GOP, which turns my stomach.

This sham we call our current political process is going to end, the boat is going to sink. The people will get angry enough that they will vote (or by...other means) to get these Mafioso crooks out of our government. We do not want to be sipping campaign on the shuffleboard deck when the American People torpedo the hull.

....But I'm probably just a dreamer, thinking too far down the road at the ultimate end game. Maybe we can co-opt the tea parties right back when the GOP fails us. Maybe Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich will make out on the House floor and we can all wave copies of Beck's newest book and say that Romney is "of the Lord" and sing "God Bless the Grand Old Party" as we bomb Iran and fire shots at Chinese ships.

I'm just getting a little sick of it all.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
11-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Bump.

Esor
11-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Ron Paul would not be a GOP president. That's the whole point. If we wanted a GOP president, then this would be the Mitt Romney Forums.

If the liberty movement gets too close to the GOP in this go around, then when the great left-right paradigm pendulum swings back to the dems in 2-4 years, we will get burned for being in bed (with them) when everyone is sick of the corrupt, criminal GOP and they decide to vote for the corrupt, criminal Dems.

The whole point of what we are trying to do is educate and enlighten people that the left-right fiction story is OVER and we offer an ALTERNATIVE to the "game," we provide an out. In reality it is the Dems/GOP (The Federalists) who have 95% of the vote and the "rest" of us, mostly the liberty movement, that has the other 5%. But only a small percentage of the eligible voting American citizenry votes. Why? Because they know not to get caught up in the sham of the left-right, the know it's pointless because both sides never help them, only themselves (the parties).

The point is that we have to break through to those people who don't care. Usually they vote when things get bad or there's a big scandal, because politics isn't a daily thought in their lives.

We have already seen what happened when we extended an olive branch to the GOP. They co-opted us. Now it's the Sarah Palin Glen Beck Tea Party. And now to the thousands that follow them, liberty means voting for Sarah Palin and the GOP, which turns my stomach.

This sham we call our current political process is going to end, the boat is going to sink. The people will get angry enough that they will vote (or by...other means) to get these Mafioso crooks out of our government. We do not want to be sipping campaign on the shuffleboard deck when the American People torpedo the hull.

....But I'm probably just a dreamer, thinking too far down the road at the ultimate end game. Maybe we can co-opt the tea parties right back when the GOP fails us. Maybe Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich will make out on the House floor and we can all wave copies of Beck's newest book and say that Romney is "of the Lord" and sing "God Bless the Grand Old Party" as we bomb Iran and fire shots at Chinese ships.

I'm just getting a little sick of it all.

+1, that's why I'm LP.