PDA

View Full Version : Democrat strategist/TG supporter: Grayson woulda been stronger candidate than Rand

Dripping Rain
10-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Overall this dude said good stuff
But He alleges Grayson wouldve been winning this with a much much bigger margin.
I dont get it Rand is already leading by double digits. SO does he think Trey would be winning by triple digits?
Like WTF dude?
http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/WHAS11-Election-Preview-Kentucky-Senate-Race-106325968.html

edit: Its actually a democrat strategist not a Republican
My Sincere apologies to both the Republican strategist and to Ky SOS Trey Grayson

MODS PLS HELP ME CHANGE TITLE THANKS

sailingaway
10-30-2010, 03:35 PM
What does he say about the Cn2 poll last week that ran hypothetical match ups and showed Trey, even without suffering negative ads these last months, as a much weaker candidate against Conway than Rand is? And McConnell's approval ratings are lower than Rand's....

Sour grapes. And heaven forbid the PEOPLE think THEY can pick the candidates....

Fozz
10-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Trey Grayson would have the kind of lead that Dan Coats in IN has, which is +15 to +20.

The boring standard Republicans are going to win by crushing margins in all the right of center states.

sailingaway
10-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Trey Grayson would have the kind of lead that Dan Coats in IN has, which is +15 to +20.

The boring standard Republicans are going to win by crushing margins in all the right of center states.

It is true Trey wouldn't have had the level of attack against him Rand has had, because Rand is more threatening, but we'll have to see tomorrow. Rand generates excitement Trey never could generate. Hence the primary Randslide, and we'll see on Tuesday if that happens again.

Maximus
10-30-2010, 03:53 PM
He's probably right, doesn't matter, that's the past

UKJRC
10-30-2010, 03:54 PM
I believe that was the Democratic strategist on the video who said that if i'm not mistaken... Could be wrong though lol.

TheDriver
10-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Jack vs Trey would be a dead heat, because neither would have campaigned (at all) or said anything controversial.

Dripping Rain
10-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Jack vs Trey would be a dead heat, because neither would have campaigned (at all) or said anything controversial.

ditto
also none of them wouldve taken any positions on any issues. it woulda been like Treys first 7 months of campaigning. very boring campaign

low preference guy
10-30-2010, 04:10 PM
I believe that was the Democratic strategist on the video who said that if i'm not mistaken... Could be wrong though lol.

yes. misleading title?

Cardinal Red
10-30-2010, 04:14 PM

I'm usually an Anti Kool-Aid drinker on this forum, but I am going to disagree. First, Coats was an exceptionally popular former Senator. Ditto someone like Blunt in Missouri, a popular former Congressional leader. And Conway was an experienced, attractive and tough campaigner who drew in lots of outside money. It's absolutely true that Rand committed some gaffes on the trail and that the media was out to get him, but he also had a lot of fresh-faced, honest appeal and he worked exceptionally hard. He drew in a lot of new supporters to the process. If Rand wins by anything close to double digits, I think its hard to argue a "mainstream" candidate would have done better.

Especially considering Grayson-- He may have been the establishment pick, but we beat him like a drum in the primary (by more than 23 points!). Rand had some vulnerabilities, but Grayson was never able to effectively raise them and ran a tone-deaf campaign. If Grayson, with all of his built in advantages and party support couldn't come close to beating Rand, why do we think he would have done better vs. Conway. I think it's just as likely that Conway would have beaten Grayson as it is that Grayson would have won this by a substantially bigger margin than Rand is likely to.

Dripping Rain
10-30-2010, 04:14 PM

youre totally absolutely positively mistaken fozz
youre comparing apples to oranges and Im sure youll be proven wrong on Tuesday.
Coats used to be a sitting US Senator from Indiana with a lot of name recognition in the state
The latest Rasmussen has coats leading Ellsworth by 52 to 34 with 9% undecided

in Rands case the undecideds are much less where Rand a first time runner for office is leading by a whopping 13 points in the last PPP poll and 12 points accoding to Rasmussen.

Aratus
05-03-2014, 05:44 AM
in tea party terms, i'm looking at yesteryear's monday morning quarterbacking and prognosticating from the tea leaves in the bottom of a tea cup.