PDA

View Full Version : Why can't chuck get his business off the ground?

ClayTrainor
10-30-2010, 01:38 PM
YouTube - Why Can't Chuck Get His Business Off the Ground? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQscE3Xed64&feature=player_embedded)

tnvoter
10-30-2010, 02:24 PM
great video to show how mo' laws = mo' problems.

ClayTrainor
10-30-2010, 03:31 PM
great video to show how mo' laws = mo' problems.

+1

Bump

phill4paul
10-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks FB'd it.

Knightskye
10-30-2010, 04:17 PM
I saw it a couple days ago. Good stuff.

james1906
10-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Good video. It's difficult for liberals to understand that big business loves government regulations.

Captain America
10-30-2010, 04:47 PM
i posted this video on my facebook page this is how one person responded. I would like to get your opinions.

Logically:
1. This video take the most egregious example from LOCAL governments.
2. The sample taken doesn't represent the real picture that most regulations protect the consumers and are not enforced tyrannically.
3. Thus it tries to portrait that all government is bad.
In other words, it's a straw-man attack or a deliberate lie.

Economically:
1.The people who made this slick video are the Institute for Freedom.
2. If you heard some news on the Koch brothers lately then you shouldn't be surprised to know they probably had a hand in making this video. The Koch's website even acknowledges they fund such "institutes."
http://www.kochind.com/ViewPoint/publicPolicy.aspx
3.The Koch brothers want less government regulations so they use public resources without being taxed. They want to use the commons and not pay for it.

Who made this video? Why do they want me to think government is bad while using faulty logic? Who was this made for?

You can easily find news on the Koch brothers and you can decide who funded this video and why.

The creators of this video got you to act exactly how you reacted, "how terrible."

Do the makers of Brawnie paper towels, Dixie cup, Georgia Pacific, just parts in a massive international company, really care about Chuck starting a small business because the government is keeping him back. Maybe, just maybe, they have another motive.

If they thought Chuck had a problem and could make money why don't they hire Chuck or invest in Chuck? Why didn't Chuck try the same business in a different city? Why is Chuck so stupid he had to try a new business ideas at every new city? Chuck is a convenient fairy tale told be the same rich people over and over again.

(check out their interactive map: http://www.kochind.com/locations.asp)

Reason
11-16-2010, 01:59 AM
///

tangent4ronpaul
11-16-2010, 02:41 AM
i posted this video on my facebook page this is how one person responded. I would like to get your opinions.

Ask the person to list 20 regulations that protect people and how long it took to come up with that list.

Ask them to come up with a list of 20 regulations that that exist only to enrich government or extend it's power and how long it took to come up with that list.

Ask them to come up with a list of 20 regulations that exist solely because a private business or industry lobied for them and bribed politicians with campaign contributions in order to protect market share or enhance their profits and how long it took them to come up with that list.

If they haven't realized it themselves already, have fun with them by pointing out how they got things in the wrong categories.

-t

jmdrake
11-16-2010, 06:27 AM
Very funny video! Now here's an idea. Liberty candidates should research stupid laws that restrict business growth in their area and run on a platform of repealing them.

awake
11-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Continuous growth in regulation and legislation is a paralysis. The biggest invitees of this paralysis unfortunately are the business men themselves, seeking shelter from competition. They trade away freedom for security and loose both.

osan
11-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Continuous growth in regulation and legislation is a paralysis. The biggest invitees of this paralysis unfortunately are the business men themselves, seeking shelter from competition. They trade away freedom for security and loose both.

Dead on. Excellently stated.

torchbearer
11-16-2010, 07:28 AM
YouTube - New Gieco Woodchuck Commercial - Woodchucks Chucking Wood Commercial - Very Funny! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYA6FM9Ibk)
someone keep chucking Chuck's wood.