PDA

View Full Version : Wash Post writer faults White People for opposing a Growing Federal Government

bobbyw24
10-30-2010, 12:32 PM
To hear whites tell it, what really bothers them is a growing federal government that they fear will intervene in their lives -- unless there's an oil spill along the Gulf Coast, of course, in which case their complaint is too little intervention. Budget deficits are a worry, too, unless it's George Bush running up the red ink.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/13/AR2010071305864.html

sluggo
10-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Typical Courtland Milloy racism. I think WaPo keeps him around because they are afraid to fire him.

Cowlesy
10-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Was that a satire piece?

Humanae Libertas
10-30-2010, 01:43 PM
More anti-white propaganda. Just imagine if someone else put out an editorial bashing blacks for worshiping big government, and government handouts. What kind of feedback do you think they would receive? Not very good...

I'm sick of all the race pimping and hustling.

paulitics
10-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Nevermind the bashing of white people, but does anyone else think that this guy is a horrible writer?

If I was his english teacher I would give him a C+ for this.

Romulus
10-30-2010, 02:33 PM
everyone that is white should feel guilty. /sarcasm

youngbuck
10-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Amazing, really, how people from German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French, Welsh, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian and Russian backgrounds can land on American shores and coalesce around a racial category concocted solely to exploit others.

:rolleyes:

teacherone
10-30-2010, 04:01 PM
the comments are so good the paper had to lock them.

this just might be this racist's last column.

Anti Federalist
10-30-2010, 04:41 PM
And yet, with midterm elections just a few months away, the so-called white vote looms large, an angry and vindictive political force. A Washington Post/ABC News poll released Tuesday showed that President Obama's approval ratings have reached "a new low among whites, at 40 percent, with his positive marks dipping under 50 percent for the first time among white college-educated women."

Does race have anything to do with it? You betcha.

But blacks voting 98% for Obama has nothing at all to do with race, right Courtland?

FOAD.

ItsTime
10-30-2010, 04:42 PM
"Teabagger" is a new term for "dirty cracker"

Anti Federalist
10-30-2010, 04:46 PM
"Teabagger" is a new term for "dirty cracker"

"Honky" has fallen out of favor?

Anti Federalist
10-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Some choice comments:

shred11 wrote:
Poor Mr. Milloy, he is just so confused and angry.
Somehow he missed the fact that Obama was elected
because of "dem 'ol white folks." White voters wenht for Obama because they thought he was a real person. But after he gave over 4 trillion to the banks (3 trillion more than Bush) they've (finally) realized BOTH parties are owned and operated by the banks. Its great a black man can be elected President in this country, but unfortunately it just means that now a black man can sell out like a white man, like Georgy Boy Bush, and Clinton before him. You can't parade yourself as a man of the people, and then do whatever the banks tell you to. Obama sold out the middle class, just like the Bushes did and Clinton. I would argue Milloy point by point but there IS no point. He is just a big victim-wuss.
Oh, yeah, and a racist, too.
Gee whiz, what a surprise.

fakedude1 wrote:
"...racial category concocted solely to exploit others."

Get this hate-filled, odious, despicable bigot off of your pages, Washington Post.

jeffreed wrote:
For years and years one of the pillars of the Democratic party has been the African-American vote. It usually comes in at somewhere around 90%. For years and years the Hispanic vote in the country has been for the most part Democratic. The exception to this statement is of course the Cuban vote. The only voters in this country that has not been unified is the while vote. If this group does start voting as a block, it will merely be a continuation of what has been happening for years. Simply put, are we witnessing the Balkanization of the United States? In my opinion, I think this is what is happening

Cowlesy
10-30-2010, 06:52 PM
How things have changed since becoming politically engaged.

To me, this article is just another file in the drawer of race-hustling. It is insulting to blacks, first off. These intellectuals treat people in the black community like they cannot think for themselves. Like a commenter astutely points out in reference to the 30% unemployment rate amongst blacks in SE Washington DC, the idea that support of SB 1070 (Arizona Immigration Bill) is something only white people would support, is absurd on its face. Isn't the support of low-skill mass immigrants a direct bulls-eye on their community's prospect for more jobs?

Eventually, though, demographic changes will render such designations all but meaningless. Despite resistance from those who have a death grip on white privilege, we are becoming a nation of people having origins not in geography but in humanity. Some day soon, let's hope, each of us will be a minority of one, and when we go to the polls we'll vote as Americans.

Ahhh, there it is. "Humanity." That broad, sweeping term about which there can be no disagreement. Your article, Mr. Milloy, serves not to educate, our persuade, but simply to divide. Once we are all the same, little servile bots to the state, life will be pristine. What a fucking utopian douchebag.

I'll remember Mr. Milloy's article next time I am taking a nice stroll in the Southside of LA, or SE Washington, atoning for my oppression.

ItsTime
10-30-2010, 07:13 PM
"Honky" has fallen out of favor?

Good one. I forgot about honky.