PDA

View Full Version : ALERT: Value Voter Online Straw Poll : Paul at 4%

maxmerkel
10-19-2007, 11:10 AM
http://www.frcaction.org

these *bast§"Ds* require you to become a member to vote - including a small donation, minimum 1$ (i think !! not sure, and, we don't want to look too cheap).

rudy guilliani at 27% ??? value voter ????

we have to change that !
---
my mistake, these aren't the straw poll results, but the results of a poll done on october 1st. still, voting will do no harm ;)
and what are these $amounts on the poll graphs?? not fundraising, that is obvious :)
---

maxmerkel
10-19-2007, 11:12 AM
bump?!

robatsu
I voted, I didn't see where you could see the score... Link?

RonPaulFever
Look closer. Those aren't the poll results.

DrNoZone
10-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Those aren't poll results from today's poll. It says they're results from Oct. 1st.

But I highly recommend donating the $1 so you can vote. It's worth it.

maxmerkel
10-19-2007, 11:13 AM
the "horse race section", bottom of page ? i thought these are the live results ?
----
oh, you guys are right, polling from oct. 1st...

brumans
10-19-2007, 11:14 AM
What are those results? Why does it say RP has only around $500,000, less than Tancredo?

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:14 AM
That was national polls from Oct 1, it has the source data at the bottom

I think it is partially a scare tactic to get value voters to think how bad Rudy would be!

reduen
10-19-2007, 11:15 AM
I am going there right now to vote.

I was not going to but I can't stand the thought of Dr. Paul loosing another poll because of money! :mad:

maxmerkel
10-19-2007, 11:16 AM
and whats the $ amount on that graphs ? for shure not fundraising ;) is this the "value voter" online vote amount ?

IRO-bot
10-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Ron paul has 5 mil and it shows 500,000

james1844
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
voted.

OReich
10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
i called their contact number, 888-372-2284, to tell them about the $500,000 donations it says ron paul got; a lady picked up after like ten seconds of being on hold. she said a bunch of ppl who normally operate the website (or the organization too?) r out of town until monday, but that she'd pass the info along. she also took down my name and number in case theyd wanna call me; y theyd wanna call me, i dunno. she also said im the second person to call.

OReich
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
lol o and she said (though slightly off-hand) that the information "wasnt updated". i guess the "october 1st" meant they just read the Q1 numbers on october 1st.

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Ron paul has 5 mil and it shows 500,000

I just called about it.

wsc321
10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Am I the only one getting the message that online registrations are no longer being accepted?

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 11:31 AM
i called their contact number, 888-372-2284, to tell them about the $500,000 donations it says ron paul got; a lady picked up after like ten seconds of being on hold. she said a bunch of ppl who normally operate the website (or the organization too?) r out of town until monday, but that she'd pass the info along. she also took down my name and number in case theyd wanna call me; y theyd wanna call me, i dunno. she also said im the second person to call.

I don't think the woman who answered the phone has any idea about the fundraising numbers. She asked me where I got the information. I told her the FEC and even had to look up the website for her. She's very nice; she's just not the person who handles this type of thing. And like you said, it sounds like all the people who do are in Washington DC right now. She did say that it would be changed though, but she wasn't sure if it could be done until next week, when all the people got back into the office.

maxmerkel
10-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Am I the only one getting the message that online registrations are no longer being accepted?

i see, hmmm. "the webmasters are out of town" i see. something smelling fishy here.

RonPaulFever
10-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Please do not harass this poor woman.....

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:34 AM
i see, hmmm. "the webmasters are out of town" i see. something smelling fishy here.

it is working for many however, maybe it has a limited capacity at one time, and while processing it says it is not accepting?

worked fine for me and others.

robatsu
10-19-2007, 11:35 AM
I had no problems not too long ago. Might be a good thing that the webmasters are out of town, harder to shut this down.

Of course, they get to count the votes, but I figure it is definitely worth the effort and the buck to vote and the effort to pass the news on to your own networks that are not on this forum.

Patrick Henry
10-19-2007, 11:36 AM

No. I did also.

ronpaulyourmom
10-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Romney is stacking this poll:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/romney_camp_stacking_the_value.html

reduen
10-19-2007, 11:37 AM
I did my part..

Thank you for sharing your opinion. The results of this 2008 American Values Straw Poll tabulated and sent to every presidential candidate, the heads of both the Democratic and the Republican National Committees, and major media outlets. The results will also be published on our website on Monday, October 22, 2007. We will make sure that your voice is heard.

Forward this 2008 Straw Poll to a Friend

Further support our efforts with a gift to FRC Action

Return to homepage

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Romney is stacking this poll:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/romney_camp_stacking_the_value.html

That is why i think their processing system may be overloaded, between us and them, we are overloading their membership servers. Just keep at it we have all day :)

wsc321
10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Sorry - it was user error. I just registered and voted. :-)

erowe1
10-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I voted, the results won't be posted until Oct. 22.
It's a good organization and very close to Ron Paul ideologically. If any of you feel the same way, you can join for just $1 and vote.
Please consider it.

FrankRep
10-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I donated and voted.

SouthernGuy15
10-19-2007, 11:42 AM
This is one poll I really don't care about. To be blunt, if you have to join an organization to vote in a poll that's pretty pathetic. Especially, when it's an organization that thinks government should be involved in marriage!

I don't know how any true small government person could even join such an organization! I'm a Christian and STRAIT, but I don't want the government involved in my marriage if I ever get married one day!

rdenner
10-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered and Voted for Rudy.....Gaaaahhh..Just kidding...

Voted for Ron....

Robert

SouthernGuy15
10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I would never join an organization that wants to jump in bed with my future wife and myself.

If you allow the government to have a say in your marriage you might as well consider that is what is happening.

steph3n
This is one poll I really don't care about. To be blunt, if you have to join an organization to vote in a poll that's pretty pathetic. Especially, when it's an organization that thinks government should be involved in marriage!

I don't know how any true small government person could even join such an organization! I'm a Christian and STRAIT, but I don't want the government involved in my marriage if I ever get married one day!

The media coverage of this will not be disputable, not able to be spammed, it is well worth a $1 to get the word out to the churches and such, show them that the american people are AWAKE and want Dr Paul's approach and not their own idealogy, with a few exceptions on big govt in abortion and marriage, they have many of the same goals.

Plus after all the fees they make nothing essentially, they mail you a card, etc it is free to join in essense, just like a SASE.

erowe1
http://www.frcaction.org

these *bast§"Ds* require you to become a member to vote - including a small donation, minimum 1$ (i think !! not sure, and, we don't want to look too cheap).

rudy guilliani at 27% ??? value voter ????

we have to change that !
---
my mistake, these aren't the straw poll results, but the results of a poll done on october 1st. still, voting will do no harm ;)
and what are these $amounts on the poll graphs?? not fundraising, that is obvious :)
---

I just want to clarify that you seem to have misread the information on their site. They will not post the results of their own straw poll until Oct. 22. The numbers you are talking about are from some other poll. They give the date it was taken but I don't see the source. At any rate, it doesn't appear to have been a poll of an particular group, whether that be values voters or anyone else. The results of it look like par for the course for all the MSM polls. It also shows dollar amounts that I completely have noidea what they are.

brumans
10-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I just donated $1.00 and voted.

American
10-19-2007, 11:48 AM
This is a fixed poll, I wont have anything to do with that site. Its not like any of the other online polls got ANY air time.

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Is this debate going to be televised?

SouthernGuy15
It's all about principles. You don't join organizations that support big government!

Eli
voted.

Why does it have a current poll but then have ron pauls first quarter fund raising numbers while everyone else is fairly accurate?

reduen
10-19-2007, 11:50 AM

I'm with you here my brother but I weighed the options and voted anyway... :)

Margo37
10-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Is this debate going to be televised?

It's coming back on C-Span1 at 2PM EDT and Dr Paul will speak soon after.

erowe1
10-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I would never join an organization that wants to jump in bed with my future wife and myself.

If you allow the government to have a say in your marriage you might as well consider that is what is happening.

As a Christian I agree that government at all levels should stay completely out of the marriage business. I still hold to the basic worldview of FRC, and strongly appreciate their pro-life position as well as their general conservative stance on other things, such as taxes and illegal immigration. I really think that Paul stands to come across pretty well to their members. He'll probably place second, behind Huckabee, just like in the two previous straw polls that were taken by religious right groups. We need to make the most of that support. Furthermore, since Huckabee will not stay in the race as long as Paul, we want his supporters to come our way when he bows out.

I know that this kind of group is not representative of all of Paul's support. But it is representative of a large portion of it. And it would be helpful if those Paul supporters who do belong to this would join and vote.

DrNoZone
10-19-2007, 11:53 AM
For all of those who are balking: I understand, but think about it, you're paying $1 so you can vote in this poll, that's it. This small donation will not get them ANYWHERE in terms of their agenda; it's just too small to make a difference.

robatsu
10-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I bought a registration for my wife as an early Guy Fawkes Day gift, still working at 1:41 Eastern time.

erowe1
10-19-2007, 11:54 AM
It's all about principles. You don't join organizations that support big government!

That's right, I don't. But I did join FRC, which is an organization that is pretty close to me and to Ron Paul on most issues.

quickmike
10-19-2007, 11:55 AM
you guys can do what you want, but I would never give 5 cents to an organization that wants to legislate their "morality" on the rest of america.

This is a scam.

Ill just tell my brother to donate 50 bucks to RP and Ill buy him and his wife dinner. Money well spent.

Value Voters............... pfffft.

reduen
10-19-2007, 11:56 AM
That's right, I don't. But I did join FRC, which is an organization that is pretty close to me and to Ron Paul on most issues.

I see it as kind of the same thing as registering as a Republican just to vote Dr. Paul under the current conditions. :)

Eli
10-19-2007, 11:58 AM
btw once you become a member and donate $1 or whatever, go to Alerts and theres the link right there to vote. Incase anyone was having any problems finding it

Sematary
10-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I see it as kind of the same thing as registering as a Republican just to vote Dr. Paul under the current conditions. :)

Exactly! Do what we need to in order to win.

Mister Grieves
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
This thing is a scam.

No way will they be getting my money.

Seriously, can't we move on from this bizarre obsession with winning online polls no matter how trivial the site or topic, and start dedicating our time to something that actually helps to get Ron Paul elected?

steph3n
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
STOP SPAMMING!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110182552096

Hi

This is an unused item laying around the house I decided to sell on EBAY...and the money is going to the Ron Paul campaign on 11-5-2007 early in the morning.

If you're willing, and I hope you are, do the same.

Please.

Sell stuff, anything on ebay for Ron Paul for his 11-5 10 million donation 'target'.

Do it.

Get others to do it, we can do this.

10 million on 11-5...together

God's blessings!

FrankRep
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Just donate a dollar.

Margo37
10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Back on C-Span 1 NOW after Duncan Hunter

Note and link below re this Values poll.

in part:
"Many conservatives are counting on a straw poll at this week's conference to help them coalesce around an anti-Giuliani candidate. `
`You'll see one or two candidates emerge after the event and you'll see some solidifying,'' said Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, which is hosting the four-day summit."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=awu.XorE3jWc&refer=us

ChicagoLawyer
10-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Jim Geraghty just linked to our current discussion:

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzM5NjExMjBlYWE1M2Y3NDk2MzI1ZTAwMzExNzgzYTA=

robatsu
10-19-2007, 01:05 PM

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzM5NjExMjBlYWE1M2Y3NDk2MzI1ZTAwMzExNzgzYTA=

Well, obviously we're well past the ignore phase.

M.Bellmore
10-19-2007, 01:07 PM

Just in case you didn't think it mattered what you said in this forum.

This is acutally one of the few polls where it DOES matter to vote. You've got a whole voting block looking for someone to vote for and may use this poll as an indicator.

Let's get Ron Paul elected!

robatsu
10-19-2007, 01:16 PM

An interesting thing is the title: "My Bet: Ron Paul, Mitt Romney Overperform In FRC Straw Poll"

What's up with that. People just perform in polls. Using the term Overperform reflects the mindset that this guy or somebody else has already decided the right and proper outcome and the poll is just merely a rubber stamp validation of a previously rendered judgment. Like used to happen in all those communist countries.

SpicyItalian739
10-19-2007, 01:18 PM

Are we as citizens not allowed to mobilize to show support for our candidate?

Straw polls determine nothing more than name recognition, where as we are showing ACTUAL support for our candidate. These people need to stop writing us off, because we are in this to win. NOBODY is as excited about the current front-runners like Rudy or Fred as we are about Ron Paul and his platform of liberty.

They can't claim that every poll that doesn't go their way is not scientific, because in truth none of them really are - and I say this as an Astrophysics major, and future scientist.

Our voice is just as valid as any others', in fact it may be MORE valid in these polls which usually judge name recognition and not likelihood to vote for that candidate. At this stage in the game most 'scientific' polls judge the apathetic segment of society that are not concerned with the candidates more than "hey I think I kinda like that Mitt whats-his-name guy" and then go on with their business.

For those watching our forums to understand why Ron Paul wins all of these polls, it is because we are going out of our way for the man we KNOW to be the right man for this nation's highest office. Our numbers are higher because we love our candidate, not because everybody knows his name. We go out of our way to support Dr. Paul in a way that no other candidate can emulate, and you will understand that when he begins to win primaries.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 01:20 PM
just like we mobilize to online polls we will mobilize to the ballot box!

Jam those boxes with your VOTE! millions of us, show our voice :D

robatsu
10-19-2007, 01:22 PM
just like we mobilize to online polls we will mobilize to the ballot box!

Jam those boxes with your VOTE! millions of us, show our voice :D

I've always felt that RP supporters "spamming" online polls and straw polls are largely organizational training events leading up to the mother of all spamfests in the election polls.

M.Bellmore
10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Good news is that I have seen the poll mentioned on 2 different meetups .. woohoo!

michaelwise
10-19-2007, 01:28 PM

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzM5NjExMjBlYWE1M2Y3NDk2MzI1ZTAwMzExNzgzYTA=It' s now a horse race. I gave them 2 bucks, in appreciation for giving Ron Paul an audience. RP really got the audience thinking in a new direction, instead of the same old rut.

john_anderson_ii
10-19-2007, 01:29 PM
$5 donation *shudder*

But I voted.

However, this could go 1 of 2 ways.

1: All these new people signed up to vote Ron Paul! That's not fair, since it's not the opinion of our group's old base. So the guy in 2nd really won.

2: All these new people signed up and donated just to vote Ron Paul! Ron Paul is really good for our group, we should talk this up some more.

Pete
10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Joined and voted! F*** the buck, gang, it won't amount to a hill of beans for FRC anyway.

Those incorrect fundraising totals honk me off, and why do they have a Giuliani quote on the front page?

Message for neocon snoopers: r dude pwnz ur dudez!

mavtek
10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I voted, will vote for my wife later, when I can convince her to use the other credit card

kylejack
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
$5 donation *shudder*

But I voted.

However, this could go 1 of 2 ways.

1: All these new people signed up to vote Ron Paul! That's not fair, since it's not the opinion of our group's old base. So the guy in 2nd really won.

2: All these new people signed up and donated just to vote Ron Paul! Ron Paul is really good for our group, we should talk this up some more.

3. FRC uses all this new-found money to push for the FCC to take Desperate Housewives and Dancing With The Stars off the air.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
3. FRC uses all this new-found money to push for the FCC to take Desperate Housewives and Dancing With The Stars off the air.

the $1 won't cover their expenses. How many times does it take to tell you? It is simply a means to stop spamming, and ensure a legit vote

kylejack
10-19-2007, 02:20 PM
the $1 won't cover their expenses. How many times does it take to tell you? It is simply a means to stop spamming, and ensure a legit vote

$1 x 20,000 = $20,000 which is probably web-hosting for 6 months for these people.

erowe1
10-19-2007, 02:40 PM
This thing is a scam.

No way will they be getting my money.

Seriously, can't we move on from this bizarre obsession with winning online polls no matter how trivial the site or topic, and start dedicating our time to something that actually helps to get Ron Paul elected?

It's not a scam. And it's not just an online poll. It's a poll of their members, including both those who vote online and those who vote in person. The FRC is a major, major group, and very influential in the religious right, which stands to be the largest single source of Ron Paul supporters. Even if most of the 4,000 people on ronpaulforums don't belong to this group, I bet at least 1,000 of us do. If these 1,000 people vote in this straw poll, it will help. This is not like any old run of the mill online poll.

Pete
10-19-2007, 03:05 PM
$1 x 20,000 = $20,000 which is probably web-hosting for 6 months for these people.

Out of us? Probably $1,000 tops.

The Only Woj
10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I gave them $1 and voted. they can use the $1 to buy a stick of gum.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 03:08 PM

wrong, at least 20 cents processing fees, a stamp to send you a card, and they have maybe 20 cents out of it. max.

wgadget
10-19-2007, 03:18 PM
No. I did also.

I don't think you want a "registration" to the event.

What you want is a "membership." I think they're two different animals.

wgadget
10-19-2007, 03:20 PM
I saw somewhere on that site that you can pay $9.95 to watch the whole event in live streaming, and then be able to watch it for another 30 days or so. Anyone doing this?

Seth M.
10-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Donation:complete

Tax cuts
Go Ron Go!