PDA

View Full Version : October 26/27 IOWA EVENTS! We Need Maximum Participation!

Dave
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Ron Paul is coming to Iowa on October 26th/27th and he needs all the participation he can get at his events! Please clear your calendar and come to Des Moines!

Friday, October 26th

6-8 P.M. Rally at Iowa State University in Ames (40 minutes north of Des Moines)

Event details are on RonPaul2008.com.

Saturday, October 27th (all events in Des Moines)

10–Noon Pastors’ and Homeschoolers’ Forum, Des Moines Airport

1-2:30 P.M. A Private afternoon with Ron Paul, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse

Fundraiser - $500 minimum donation. Event details are on RonPaul2008.com

3-4:30 P.M. Recruitment Rally, Iowa State Historical Museum, Des Moines (East 6th & Locust)

This is the BIG one! National media are reportedly following this event! The purpose of this rally is to show the world that Ron Paul has support in Iowa, home of the first-in-the-nation caucuses on January 3rd. Everyone possible (wherever you’re from) should show up and bring all their friends and family. This is the event to wave signs and make noise! They also want to see people there who are ‘new’ to Ron Paul or are undecided so they can hear the powerful message in person. The idea is to get everyone signed up with the campaign and activated in finding more Ron Paul supporters in their counties and precincts and then get them activated, too.

5-8 P.M. Republican Party of Iowa Reagan Reception, Dinner, and Program (Hy-Vee Hall)

This is a $100/person formal fundraiser for the Iowa GOP. Ron Paul is scheduled to speak, along with Thompson, Tancredo, Hunter, and Huckabee. Other candidates may also participate.

8-9:30 P.M. Formal Reception for Ron Paul, Hy-Vee Hall

This event is designed as an opportunity for the people attending the formal Reagan Dinner to come and meet Ron Paul in person. It is hoped that some other Ron Paul supporters will come to this event as well, but this is a suit/tie kind of event (or at least a jacket and tie) so we should dress up accordingly and be on our best behavior. The idea is to mingle with the Iowa Republican establishment and show them that Ron Paul is a mainstream Republican candidate – not on the fringe. We need to counter the phony image that we’re just a bunch of radicals.

saahmed
10-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I wish I had been given earlier notice. I'm going to try to get off work and at least make it to the rally on Friday.

CountryKeagles
10-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks Dave!
This is our first post to the forums, though we joined a while back.
We just purchased a full size school bus and are planning to paint it up for Ron Paul this weekend with the help of other RP supporters in Iowa. This will be Iowa's version of Granny Warriors RV - without the monkey. This bus still has all the seats in it and has capacity of 70+ passengers. We plan to make the trip from Des Moines area to Ames on 10/26/07 for the ISU Ralley and will make a trip from Ames to Des Moines for the 10/27/07 Ralley at 3pm if there is enough interest from the Ames folks. We look forward to using it for a Ron Paul victory in the Iowa Caucus. We'll try to post some pictures of the painting event either on the Forums or on our website soon.

Bobby Johnson
10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Does this mean that Ron Paul will in Sioux City, Iowa, for the PBS debate? This debate is supposed to be airing the 25th on PBS stations around the country.

See this link: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_presidential_debates,_2008

It's not listed on ronpaul2008.com yet I find it interesting that Ron Paul will be in Iowa at about the same time.

JoshLowry
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks Dave!
This is our first post to the forums, though we joined a while back.
We just purchased a full size school bus and are planning to paint it up for Ron Paul this weekend with the help of other RP supporters in Iowa. This will be Iowa's version of Granny Warriors RV - without the monkey. This bus still has all the seats in it and has capacity of 70+ passengers. We plan to make the trip from Des Moines area to Ames on 10/26/07 for the ISU Ralley and will make a trip from Ames to Des Moines for the 10/27/07 Ralley at 3pm if there is enough interest from the Ames folks. We look forward to using it for a Ron Paul victory in the Iowa Caucus. We'll try to post some pictures of the painting event either on the Forums or on our website soon.

Wow, that sounds awesome! Nice to see you on the message boards again. ;)

Thanks for the info Dave. Spread the word!

CountryKeagles
10-19-2007, 02:18 PM
No, Dr. Paul will not be able to make it to the 10/25/07 debate. He will be arriving in Iowa on 10/26/07 in the evening. Unlike most of the other candidates, Dr. Paul takes his duty to the taxpayers through his service as a US Representative seriously and he simply could not fit the debate into his schedule this time.

CountryKeagles
10-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks Josh! I guess we did post once before about the Iowa State Fair parade.
I've been watching the Forum posts regularly just haven't posted much.

Bobby Johnson
10-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks. I hope you all have a fun time next weekend.

Dave
10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Does this mean that Ron Paul will in Sioux City, Iowa, for the PBS debate? This debate is supposed to be airing the 25th on PBS stations around the country.

See this link: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_presidential_debates,_2008 (http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_presidential_debates,_2008)

It's not listed on ronpaul2008.com yet I find it interesting that Ron Paul will be in Iowa at about the same time.

No! That event is rapidly going down the tubes. McCain, Huckabee, and Brownback were the only ones participating and now that Brownback's out PBS has decided not to televise it. This is from IowaPolitics.com:

-- The Divided We Fail event on health and financial security issues set for next Thursday in Sioux City will go on, but not as originally planned.

Due to a lack of interest from most GOP presidential candidates, organizers say the forum will now be a two-candidate town hall meeting featuring U.S. Sen. John McCain and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. The event will no longer be aired live or nationally on PBS.

ARealConservative
10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
hmmm - I assume this came about from the conference call last night?

Dave - maybe mention to people that those of us on the Eastern side of the state would like to be more involved.

We got the notice for a conference call last night - but were given the wrong phone #. These kind of mistakes shouldn't be happening.

I just don't understand our campaign at all. The Caucus doesn't work like the Ames straw poll - you can't avoid some of the largest communities in the state and expect to do well, yet our region is completely ignored yet again?

a Little disgruntled at the moment......

tiznow
10-19-2007, 02:38 PM

Dave - maybe mention to people that those of us on the Eastern side of the state would like to be more involved.

We got the notice for a conference call last night - but were given the wrong phone #. These kind of mistakes shouldn't be happening.

I just don't understand our campaign at all. The Caucus doesn't work like the Ames straw poll - you can't avoid some of the largest communities in the state and expect to do well, yet our region is completely ignored yet again?

he'll be in iowa city for a debate december 4th (well there is supposedly a fox news debate in the works and i'm sure he will be there)...and i'm sure they will plan some sort of pre debate activites....this is a good central location to draw in those in cedar rapids and davenport and maybe he can make some other stops in those areas prior or after the debate?

Part the problem with ron paul is he is trying to build a national campaign and also he's still a congressman so he's working a job he takes seriously and campaigning at the same time so that makes things tough.

Luckily for us iowans the republicans overall have been spending much less time in the state...than the democrats.

Also its becoming abundantly clear rudy is going to be the one we will have to beat, and he's not doing all that well in iowa, and is building a national campaign vs. focusing on the early states hard, fred train seems to be stalling as expected and mitt doesn't have a national following as his support in the early states is all bought and paid for.

not to say our campaign isn't decidicated to the early states and we must have a good showing especially in new hampshire...just saying its going to take some national structure prior to the early states to get the job done.

here's latest intrade odds

2008.GOP.NOM.GIULIANI
Rudy Giuliani to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008 M 44.5 44.6 44.5 118133 +1.1
2008.GOP.NOM.ROMNEY
Mitt Romney to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008 M 25.0 25.4 25.6 98430 +0.8
2008.GOP.NOM.THOMPSON(F)
Fred Thompson to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008 M 12.1 12.9 13.0 88209 -1.4
2008.GOP.NOM.PAUL
Ron Paul to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008 M 7.4 7.5 7.4 69344 -0.1
2008.GOP.NOM.MCCAIN
John McCain to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008 M 6.6 6.7 6.6 147686 -0.0
2008.GOP.NOM.HUCKABEE
Mike Huckabee to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008 M 3.7 3.9 4.1 52665 +1.0

ARealConservative
10-19-2007, 02:47 PM
he'll be in iowa city for a debate december 4th (well there is supposedly a fox news debate in the works and i'm sure he will be there)...and i'm sure they will plan some sort of pre debate activites....this is a good central location to draw in those in cedar rapids and davenport and maybe he can make some other stops in those areas prior to the debate?

My meetup groups are for Clinton, Muscatine, Dubuque, and the Quad Cities (Davenport, Bettendorf, etc, etc). My understing is the county I live in (Scott) is one of the most populous counties in the state. Not a day goes by that we don't get someone running for president visiting this region, but never my guy.

Dr. Paul has already been to Des Moines several times. He has been to Waterloo, Fairfield, Oskaloosa, Cedar Rapids, Council BLuffs, etc, etc. but hasn't set foot on the Eastern portion of the state. I just don't get what the campaign is thinking. I've travelled to all those events to make the numbers look stronger and keep thinking "next time he will come here" only to find otherwise.

I know the rest of the nation is thinking - damn - I wish he came to my state that often. Please understand, those of us from Iowa are used to the attention. That Dr. Paul hasn't once come to my community severly hanicaps my activist efforts. Handing out info I'm constantly asked when he visited. I hate telling them he hasn't. Nobody is going to win Iowa while ignoring such a large portion of the population so they immediately dismiss him.

Dave
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM

I'll PM you.

Dave
10-19-2007, 03:16 PM
My meetup groups are for Clinton, Muscatine, Dubuque, and the Quad Cities (Davenport, Bettendorf, etc, etc). My understing is the county I live in (Scott) is one of the most populous counties in the state. Not a day goes by that we don't get someone running for president visiting this region, but never my guy.

Dr. Paul has already been to Des Moines several times. He has been to Waterloo, Fairfield, Oskaloosa, Cedar Rapids, Council BLuffs, etc, etc. but hasn't set foot on the Eastern portion of the state. I just don't get what the campaign is thinking. I've travelled to all those events to make the numbers look stronger and keep thinking "next time he will come here" only to find otherwise.

I know the rest of the nation is thinking - damn - I wish he came to my state that often. Please understand, those of us from Iowa are used to the attention. That Dr. Paul hasn't once come to my community severly hanicaps my activist efforts. Handing out info I'm constantly asked when he visited. I hate telling them he hasn't. Nobody is going to win Iowa while ignoring such a large portion of the population so they immediately dismiss him.

I don't think you can say he hasn't set foot on the Eastern portion of the state. I think Fairfield, Cedar Rapids, and Iowa City qualify as Eastern Iowa (even though they're west of you). You might also call Waterloo eastern, though I don't remember RP going there.

That said, I'd like to see Dr. Paul get out to eastern Iowa some more, too. All over Iowa, for that matter. But it isn't up to us and I support Dr. Paul and his campaign manangers to make the right decisions.

CountryKeagles
10-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Conservative,
Be assured, you Eastern Iowa folks are not being ignored by the campaign. The Iowa RP staffers are very capable and currently working over 12 hours per day. We live in Southern Iowa and do some volunteering at HQ sometimes 2x per week. I've personally been there until 10pm and they are still going strong. When you let the Iowa RP staffers know that you are a supporter and willing to help, they will give you direction as to how you can help. If you feel that you don't have enough direction from the campaign, just keep doing the grassroots stuff until you get more direction. There are many volunteers trying to help at Iowa HQ, and also many around the state doing their own thing besides. Let Iowa HQ know what you need to accomplish the goal of getting people to the Caucus. 1-888-828-PAUL They will do their best to get you the information and tools you need for the job. We have been entering parades as a family, and we just bought a bus that we'll eventually use for our own enjoyment. Until the race is over, it's ALL hands on deck for us whether we get direction from the campaign or not. This is not a traditional campaign, it's exclusively grassroots. Keep up the good fight and don't be discouraged by anything.

DeadheadForPaul
10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Good job Iowans! I hope to see a youtube of the painting of the bus + the road trips in it!

Dave
10-20-2007, 06:47 AM
The Pastor's/Homeschooler's forum is now posted at RonPaul2008.com.

So is the big recruitment rally!

I wonder how many people we will have show up?

Dave
10-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Are any supporters from K.C., Omaha, Twin Cities, etc. coming to Des Moines next week to hear Ron Paul?

me3
10-20-2007, 02:19 PM
bump

Dave
10-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Here's the email from the campaign!

October 20, 2007

We have exciting news for Iowa and the Midwest!

Ron Paul is coming to Iowa on October 26- 27 (Fri & Sat) for two blow-out days of events. We need you here to look good for the national media which is now covering us, but they're also looking for weakness. We're at a critical point in the campaign with Dr. Paul's polling numbers steadily rising nationally and we need to keep the momentum going. So we need supporters here en masse to impress the media with our strength. Not just the internet!

Rally on Saturday, October 27th, 3 PM

The big event is a in Des Moines a block away from the Capital Building's Golden Dome. The raucous rally will be at the Iowa Historical Museum located at E 6th & Locust, or 600 E Locust, just east across the river from downtown. This is being billed as a "Recruitment Rally" where we're trying to enlist new people to join the Ron Paul Army in Iowa--home of the first-in-the-nation caucus on Jan 3.

Private Afternoon with Ron Paul, Saturday, October 27th, 1 PM

We're also having a "Private Afternoon with Ron Paul" from 1 - 2:30 pm which is a $500/person (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/des-moines-afternoon/) fundraiser at the Radisson Hotel. You can pay ahead online (https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate?c=IA1027&a=500) or you can pay upon entering with cash, check or credit card.)

This is a great chance to meet Dr. Paul in person in a relaxing atmosphere without the media or the mobs. And your attendance will help us reach our goal of raising $4 million by Halloween.

Reception with Ron Paul, Saturday, October 27th, 8 PM

There's also a 3rd event onSaturday, Oct. 27 in Des Moines from 8:00 - 9:30 PM, "A formal reception with Ron Paul." It will follow the Iowa GOP's Reagan Dinner and be at Hy-Vee Hall, Room 4.
Hy-Vee Hall is in the Iowa Events Center just south of I-80/I-235 on 730 - 3rd St in downtown Des Moines. Take the "downtown" exit off of I-80/I-235. This is the same venue where we had our June 30 rally that started the Ron Paul Revolution. No charge for this coat-and-tie formal event.

Student Rally in Ames, Friday, October 26th, 6:00 PM

We are holding a Student Rally in Ames on Friday, Oct 26th from 6 - 8 PM (40 minutes north of Des Moines) on the ISU campus. The rally will be in the Memorial Union, the building with the Bell Tower. There will be a big media presence and they will be looking for a strong college student presence in the Ron Paul campaign.

[To get to the rally, take I-35 north from Des Moines, then exit on Hwy 30 and go west. Take the 3rd exit (Elwood Drive) and go right onto Elwood Dr. Go north until Lincoln and take a left onto Lincoln. Go 1/4 mile and note the Bell Tower on your right.]

We hope to see you at one or all of these events.

Dave
10-22-2007, 04:08 PM
The Iowa GOP's Reagan dinner will be in the EXACT same room that we had the big Ron Paul rally back on June 30th when RP was excluded from the candidates' forum next door.

Ron Paul OWNS that room. Lots of people first heard Ron Paul in person on that day. The audience this time might not be so friendly at first but the power of the message will win some of them over. We'll be in there working the crowd to show the 'mainstream Iowa' support for Ron Paul.