PDA

View Full Version : Matt Taibbi is a Tool

AuH20
10-29-2010, 10:13 PM
It is official. Read this. He has ALL the answers. This guy has his tongue so far up the state's ass, frankly it's laughable.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/10/29/914840/-Daily-Kos-GOTV:-Why-the-Tea-Party-Doesnt-Matter,-Excerpt-From-Matt-Taibbis-GRIFTOPIA

Our world isn’t about ideology anymore. It’s about complexity. We live in a complex bureaucratic state with complex laws and complex business practices, and the few organizations with the corporate will power to master these complexities will inevitably own the political power. On the other hand, movements like the Tea Party more than anything else reflect a widespread longing for simpler times and simple solutions—just throw the U.S. Constitution at the whole mess and everything will be jake. For immigration, build a big fence. Abolish the Federal Reserve, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Education. At times the overt longing for simple answers that you get from Tea Party leaders is so earnest and touching, it almost makes you forget how insane most of them are.

TonyFromTheBronx
10-29-2010, 10:17 PM
these jerks are a dime-a-dozen....they rail against the Establishment...but when puch comes to shove, they still defend the Beast..

people loke Taibbi serve as a release valve only

AuH20
10-29-2010, 10:19 PM
these jerks are a dime-a-dozen....they rail against the Establishment...but when puch comes to shove, they still defend the Beast..

people loke Taibbi serve as a release valve only

I'm waiting for Taibbi's 10 page expose on the Federal Reserve. Sadly, he doesn't possess the courage to write such a piece. He'll just to continue to call it a Right Wing Delusion.

AGRP
10-29-2010, 10:20 PM
What are you doing at dailykos?

AuH20
10-29-2010, 10:22 PM

Browsing. I also commented in the diary as well. Poking holes in their thought process, feeling my way around, so to speak.

BTW Taibbi wrote this specifically for the Daily Kos as a precursor to his new book.

Romulus
10-30-2010, 11:48 AM
For anyone who thinks Tabbi is a buddy, they need to read the OP.

Its only complex to Tabbi - Not to the rest of us with logic and reason!

He will never get it. He's a confused, stockholm syndromed statist.

Inkblots
10-30-2010, 11:53 AM

I read it frequently, as well. It's good to find out what the other side is saying, and the comments sections are a good way to sample the mood of the lefty nutroots.

hugolp
10-30-2010, 12:42 PM
For anyone who thinks Tabbi is a buddy, they need to read the OP.

Its only complex to Tabbi - Not to the rest of us with logic and reason!

He will never get it. He's a confused, stockholm syndromed statist.

Actually, I think he is right. The world is very complex. And that is the reason you cannot regulate or expect some burocrats do things correctly (even if they are not corrupt). Because things are complex the free market works better than anything else. Solving problems at a local level, where people have the information and the incentive and not solving things through burocracy is the way to go, and it will always be.

lester1/2jr
10-30-2010, 12:44 PM
what are you doin at dailykos!

lol

fletcher
10-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Wow. That paragraph really exposes how stupid he is. "We have a complex bureaucratic state and the few people the learn to navigate it will have complete control, but to get rid of it is insanity!" He sees that the system we have allows few people to gain complete control, but wants to keep this system. Moron.

HOLLYWOOD
10-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Ah... yeah, Tabbi is incapable of deductive thinking or investigative reporting.

A wuss that types faster than he thinks. Imagine him and Krugman opening their own Taboid print? Yikes

Wow. That paragraph really exposes how stupid he is. "We have a complex bureaucratic state and the few people the learn to navigate it will have complete control, but to get rid of it is insanity!" He sees that the system we have allows few people to gain complete control, but wants to keep this system. Moron.

angelatc
10-30-2010, 01:39 PM
SO, because we've made everything so unnecessarily complicated, it would be foolish to try to uncomplicate it.

Romulus
10-30-2010, 02:38 PM
SO, because we've made everything so unnecessarily complicated, it would be foolish to try to uncomplicate it.

Clearly, a man with outstanding logic!

My garbage can is a complex. Maybe I should keep it!

AuH20
10-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Clearly, a man with outstanding logic!

My garbage can is a complex. Maybe I should keep it!

Remember the old adage, the devil is in the details. Why do you think the tax code is close to 18,000 pages long? ;)

AuH20
10-30-2010, 02:53 PM
See what happens when you try to reach out to them with logic? I think I raised some valid points with a few of them, but it's ultimately futile:

My opening comment as the not too camouflaged GoldwaterLives:

For a man who mercilessly excoriated the vampire squid corps as well as the bond raiders in Alabama, this shortsighted entry certainly shocked me . I thought Matt was a liberal in the Naomi Wolf mold, who encouraged resistance to the power structure. The Tea Party phenomenon, for all it's shortcomings, has at the very least made an effort to defy the authority of their long-entrenched political masters unlike the democratic party. Where are the primary challenges to hopelessly corrupt democrat stalwarts like Harry Reid or Barbara Boxer? Where are the mass demonstrations of democratic grassroots spurning their beloved corporatist president? Much like the mainstream republican zombies, party trumps principles every time.

Secondly, regarding his insinuation that the constitution is insufficient to maintain order and justice in such a complex world, I find this conclusion highly amusing in light of recent events. The very corporate fiends that Mr. Taibbi loathes, utilize the mind-numbing complexity of the tax code to sidestep their civic responsibilities. Moreover, these nefarious cretins have bribed and essentially burrowed their way into many of your treasured departments, in that they now wield them as personal weapons of profit. Despite the so-called vigilant eyes of the SEC and the OTS, widespread fraud took place without a hitch. The two monstrous mortgage GSEs basically enabled the fraudulent AAA bond scam to operate by acting as a default dumping pit. Once again, a New Deal creation is turned on it's head and perverted by human nature.

The Democratic Sheep Response. They call logic, talking points now:

You disappoint me with your phony world weary... (0+ / 0-)

concern for the lack of political will to cleanse the Democratic Party as the Tea Party has the Republican Party. What incredible bullshit, and Barbara Boxer is corrupt, as well as Harry Reid? Where's your proof for either allegation. Take all your Republican talking points about GSE's and regulators being the basis of the "financial crisis" over to Red State where you belong. This is simply Trolling on a Democratic Site and brings no reasonable argument to bear either on the Diarist's point or the general body of work of Matt Taibbi. Blatant propaganda, laced with half truths, red herrings and straw men, this is the most transparent hit piece on Barbara Boxer, Harry Reid and the Democratic agenda I've seen in quite a while. BTW Goldwater is dead and good riddance...

Okay. She's actually defending Harry Reid and serial thief Barbara Boxer. Oh and she spit on Barry Goldwater's grave for good measure. Oh boy.

AuH20
10-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Here's another gem I posted echoing Mises' school of praxeology:

The GOP isn't the only party with dimwits (1+ / 0-)

Recommended by:
blueoasis

Attempting to make market decisions for 300+ million unique and fickle beings is simplicity personified as well. Have you ever thought about highly-centralized policy in such a manner? This "one size fits all" approach applies to the school system as well. Why should one central entity decide what is acceptable for close to 16,000 unique school districts, with different demographics, challenges and market environments?

by GoldwaterLives on Fri Oct 29, 2010 at 01:25:00 PM PDT