PDA

View Full Version : Why Was Lauren Valle Giving Rand A "Corporatist" Award?

Sola_Fide
10-26-2010, 09:27 PM
The way I understand this stupid "award" that she was giving to Rand, it argues against Republicans who are in bed with corporations.

It makes no sense to me.

1. Don't these morons know that Rand is one of the few Republicans against corporatism?

2. The biggest corporatist, Wall Street-loving, bailout-loving, corporate welfare whores are OBAMA and the major Democrats. Where are the awards for them?

RP Supporter
10-26-2010, 09:34 PM
He's a republican. That's enough to convince some partisans that he's a baby eater, I'm sure. Add to some of the slander that's already been laid on Rand, and the fact that he's seen as one of the faces of the Tea Party movement, and you've got a figure many on the Left(and Right) would do anything to discredit. To me, these smears are really no different than the ones calling him a racist, or the current meme of implying that his supporters are fascist thugs who like to beat up innocent ladies.

Just because something is not true does not mean there won't be those who won't wish it to be so, because it already fits into their simplistic world view of Democrats good, Republicans bad.

amisspelledword
10-26-2010, 09:55 PM
yeah, dont be confused into thinking there is any logic (or heck, for that matter, even principle) behind it. its about electing democrats over republicans. its not about issues.

Libertea Party
10-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Because she was paid to. How hypocritical!

roho76
10-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Because she thinks being a Republican equals a corporatist.

sailingaway
10-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Because she is a moron.

Simple reason, because MoveOn was paying her to, they employed her (and who knows how many others) to come to KY for three weeks.

They are pretending that because Rand is pro-BUSINESS he is pro special favors, which is not at all the same thing.

Cardinal Red
10-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Because she is a moron.

Simple reason, because MoveOn was paying her to, they employed her (and who knows how many others) to come to KY for three weeks.

They are pretending that because Rand is pro-BUSINESS he is pro special favors, which is not at all the same thing.

+1 It was so ironic that amidst the hubbub this point got lost. There's will probably be no one in the Senate in either party who is less corporatist than Rand Paul. But that sort of sophisticated understanding is about 100 Miles beyond the ability of an idiot like this to understand.

Alan Brown Jr.
10-29-2010, 07:34 PM
I actually spoke with Lauren at some length at another event (not knowing who she was with.) I explained how government spending and resulting inflation reduces the spending power of the poor and middle class, and hurt those on fixed incomes the most.

At this point I have to guess she is a paid operative, and not especially interested in the truth or helping people. Disappointing.

Sola_Fide
10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
I actually spoke with Lauren at some length at another event (not knowing who she was with.) I explained how government spending and resulting inflation reduces the spending power of the poor and middle class, and hurt those on fixed incomes the most.

At this point I have to guess she is a paid operative, and not especially interested in the truth or helping people. Disappointing.

Wow. What event was this?

angelatc
10-29-2010, 07:41 PM

The liberal agenda has nothing to do with helping people. That's just the carrot they dangle. It's about power. All politics are about power.

Jandrsn21
10-29-2010, 09:59 PM
The way I understand this stupid "award" that she was giving to Rand, it argues against Republicans who are in bed with corporations.

It makes no sense to me.

1. Don't these morons know that Rand is one of the few Republicans against corporatism?

2. The biggest corporatist, Wall Street-loving, bailout-loving, corporate welfare whores are OBAMA and the major Democrats. Where are the awards for them?

Excellent points!

A useful idiot nothing more, brainwashed to the point of no return I fear. Lord Monckton says it best, Hitler Youth, perfectly said. They have no clue what they are doing, who they are working for, and what their handler's actually represent.

I go to college, I get a chance to talk to these types all the time. A debate turns into an argument, then they really can get quite nasty. My best guess is they are still in denial over the neolibs throwing them under the bus, either that or they are just that lost.