PDA

View Full Version : Ron at 2% in Fox poll

Bradley in DC
06-08-2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm

FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll. June 5-6, 2007. N=900 registered voters nationwide. Results below are among Republican voters (MoE ± 6).

"If the 2008 Republican presidential primary were held today, for whom would you vote if the candidates were [see below]?" Names rotated
Dr. Paul at 2%

Full results here (http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/060707_release_web.pdf)

mtbaird5687
06-09-2007, 12:35 AM
900 voters. Wow, giant sample there.

AlexAmore
06-09-2007, 01:02 AM
It certainly doesn't correspond with the alexa.com website traffic ranking.

According to Alexa.com:
1. Ron Paul
2. Mitt Romney.
3. Fred Thompson.
4. Rudy/McCain. - There is just a hair of a difference and sometimes interweave.

Galactic Lord Xenu
06-09-2007, 01:03 AM
900 voters. Wow, giant sample there.

Representative samples actually don't need all that many people.

Galactic Lord Xenu
06-09-2007, 01:04 AM
It certainly doesn't correspond with the alexa.com website traffic ranking.

According to Alexa.com:
1. Ron Paul
2. Mitt Romney.
3. Fred Thompson.
4. Rudy/McCain. - There is just a hair of a difference and sometimes interweave.

Well, traffic certainly doesn't equate support.

Although I hope it does!

voteronpaul08
06-09-2007, 01:04 AM
IT'S A FOX POLL! Need I say more?

Let's say this is a "fair and balanced" poll. There is 19% unsure. Come over to Dr. No!!

AlexAmore
06-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Well, traffic certainly doesn't equate support.

Although I hope it does!

Blasphemy! :p

austinphish
06-09-2007, 01:28 AM
If you look at the dates. RP wasn't even included and obviously he was at 0%

6/5-6/07 5/15-16/07 4/17-18/07 3/27-28/07 2/27-28/07

2 1 - n/a n/a

That could be looked at as a 1% jump or a 100% increases. Next poll could be 4%

I hope he has as much money as the reports are indicating. It will be go time for us with all that $.

LibertyEagle
06-09-2007, 01:39 AM
I thought it was a lot too and it looks like it if you compare it to what the other candidates have "on hand". But, if you compare it to what the top 3 are bringing in, it pales in comparison. Dr. Paul is frugal and that really works in our favor. When it gets time for commercials, we're going to need more money than this.

Bottom line... keep on donating!

buffalokid777
06-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Just the fact for a biased fox poll to ramp Ron Paul to 2% is a sure sign we're making progress....It's prolly more like 10-15%

The money is growing in the Ron Paul campaign coffers....

We're gonna shock the $h!t out of the establisment come september....

Bradley in DC
06-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Just the fact for a biased fox poll to ramp Ron Paul to 2% is a sure sign we're making progress....It's prolly more like 10-15%

The money is growing in the Ron Paul campaign coffers....

We're gonna shock the $h!t out of the establisment come september....

Unlike the top tier who have huge staffs and have already been running ads, Dr. Paul is still raising the money we need to be effective--pony up guys!

buffalokid777
06-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Unlike the top tier who have huge staffs and have already been running ads, Dr. Paul is still raising the money we need to be effective--pony up guys!

Your right,

We need to give more money to Ron Paul's campaign.....

But for those of us who have deeper pockets.....

Consider giving 2/3 of what you can donate to the campaign....

And giving the other 1/3 of what you can donate into converting more people who can donate....

I personally am spending a portion of what I could donate into converting MORE people that can donate....

The taste of Buffalo is a food festival is a festival that brings in about 200,000 people

I am aiming to print out of my pocket 20,000 Ron Paul for prsesident flyers for the festival....

I know by financing this, I might be able to bring MUCH more money into the Ron Paul campaign than I could ever come up with myself.....I think by using 1/3 of what I could donate to bring in new donors will be more effective in the end!

We need to keep bringing more people into the Ron Paul Revolution....finding other supporters through public events can bring even more money into the campaign!!

If you can't do this...by all means give what you can to the campaign...

But if you can canvas events with lots of people...use a portion of what you can give to grow the Ron Paul support locally....

Reiyuki
06-09-2007, 06:40 AM
C'mon guys, not EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy.

Most national polling of this sort is done via landline phones. IE: they do not poll cellphones, and probably internet phones like Vonage.

This explains why there is such a divide between Fox's text message poll (cellphones only) and their broadstroke national poll (no cellphones). It also explains Paul's pwning the competition anywhere on the internet.

RP Supporters are technically savvy, that's all.

A similar situation occured some time ago. Here's hoping for another "dewey defeats truman"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_1948

CJLauderdale4
06-09-2007, 07:10 AM
It's not a conspiracy, it's conflict of interest. Or should I say, concurrence of interest...

It's the fact that Guiliani's law firm represents Rupert Murdoch (the owner of FoxNews).

Thus, who is FoxNews supporting?? Guiliani first, and then any other Neocon with similar ideas who may get the nomination.

Ron Paul is not a Neocon, thus, he is not openly discussed. The best way for the MSM to hurt Ron Paul is to NOT DISCUSS HIM AT ALL. Even when they tried to slam him after the Guiliani battle, thinking they would oust him from the scene, they only boosted him further. They will never make this mistake again. Thus, the new MO for Fox, or any other MSM, is to not discuss Ron Paul at all.

It's not a conspiracy, it's survival for the MSM.

Ron needs to continue to make waves, especially attacking the Rudy McRomney talking points, at every debate held. This is now the ONLY REAL AIR TIME he's going to get for free.

And he needs money!! $10 a month for Ron Paul!!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=2637

Reiyuki
06-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Still, we're talking about polling, not media attention. It's perfectly plausable that the polls FOX put's up are 'valid', in the sense that they haven't been tampered with.

If they were manipulating the polls, why not nip it in the bud and give RP 2% on the text poll too?

I'll agree that an anti-establishment candidate is naturally going to get less spotlight than an establishment candidate, especially if they have an excuse. But with the internet rooted in place, it's becoming increasingly difficult to suppress information, status quo or not.

CurtisLow
06-09-2007, 07:24 AM
IT'S A FOX POLL! Need I say more?

Let's say this is a "fair and balanced" poll. There is 19% unsure. Come over to Dr. No!!

Nothing more needs to be said. Rudy haha! what a joke!

Lesgov
06-09-2007, 08:26 AM
OK, so let's not just brush this off as propaganda, let's pretend this is real. None of the Republicans that I've talked to in my area have ever heard of Ron Paul. We have a lot of work to do. Let's just get the word out in any way we can think of.
The Utube internet types are only what, 5%- 10% ? Just a drop in the bucket. We need to reach dial up people, non computer people, and the 60% that have given up.

m4ff3w
06-09-2007, 08:50 AM
OK, so let's not just brush this off as propaganda, let's pretend this is real. None of the Republicans that I've talked to in my area have ever heard of Ron Paul. We have a lot of work to do. Let's just get the word out in any way we can think of.
The Utube internet types are only what, 5%- 10% ? Just a drop in the bucket. We need to reach dial up people, non computer people, and the 60% that have given up.

I agree. I don't think any of the national polls have been tampered with there is to much to risk for the polling firm. I do get disappointed when they do not include Dr. Paul.

I would say less than 10% of the people I talk to have heard of Ron Paul and I live in Texas, though not anywhere near his district. When I ask people to "Tell me what you know about Ron Paul" I usually get a reply of "Who?" or occasionally "That libertarian congressman?"

We just need to get the word out to everyone who ISN'T "plugged in"

Bradley in DC
06-09-2007, 10:06 AM
C'mon guys, not EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy.

Most national polling of this sort is done via landline phones. IE: they do not poll cellphones, and probably internet phones like Vonage.

This explains why there is such a divide between Fox's text message poll (cellphones only) and their broadstroke national poll (no cellphones). It also explains Paul's pwning the competition anywhere on the internet.

RP Supporters are technically savvy, that's all.

A similar situation occured some time ago. Here's hoping for another "dewey defeats truman"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_1948

I started a thread on this here

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=2676

Bradley in DC
06-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Come on guys, let's be honest here. Most people don't know who their own congressman and senators are. Far fewer have even heard of Dr. Paul or know of his positions. The more people know of Dr. Paul the more his support grows. The more people know of Rudy, the less they support him. These are good trends.

We just need to make sure Dr. Paul has the resources, support, volunteers, Meetups, etc. to educate the people!!!

dspectre
06-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Like many of you I doubt the polls....

However, on the bright side(taking the results with a huge grain of salt), going from 1% to 2% is 100% increase. That is huge increase and there is still a long way to go for the election....