PDA

View Full Version : The media significance of the incident from last night

economics102
10-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't think this is going to be the thing Conway tries to use as his hail-mary attack. I think he knows this would not work.

But I think the national democrats see this as an opportunity to motivate their national base for GOTV. So this may get a lot of play in the media over the next few days if the Democrats have their way.

So, if this continues to get a lot of play, it's bad for the GOP in general, but not so bad for Paul. Where we have to be watchful, is that Conway will no doubt try to do SOMETHING ELSE as a desperate last-minute attempt to overturn Paul.

So, IMHO, this incident = red herring. It's a problem for the GOP nationally (which, mind you, is not good either!) but it's not a Rand Paul problem, as long as we don't do anything foolish to bring the spotlight back to this race.

TheDriver
10-26-2010, 03:32 PM
THe biggest storm of the year blew through Kentucky today....

That's the news! Commercial free! Mother Nature came calling...

Brett85
10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
The fact that this is even news is just dumbfounding.

TheDriver
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
The fact that this is even news is just dumbfounding.

Well, they worked hard to LIE about the head-stomp headline.

This is Orwellian... You watch the video and with your eyes you see some asshole pressing a moveon.org employee to the ground with his foot on her shoulder and somehow they expect us to believe he "head-stomped" her.

OK... :rolleyes:

UKJRC
10-26-2010, 04:00 PM
wkyt in lexington is getting ready to talk about it.

KCIndy
10-26-2010, 04:01 PM

This is Orwellian... You watch the video and with your eyes you see some asshole pressing a moveon.org employee to the ground with his foot on her shoulder and somehow they expect us to believe he "head-stomped" her.

LOL... how does that old quote go? "Who are you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes??" :rolleyes:

Brett85
10-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Yeah. I guarantee you that if a Conway person had done this there would be no news coverage of the event at all. Our media is to the point now where they're basically just an active arm of the Democrat Party. They basically act like Rand himself actually committed an act of violence against this woman. How can these far left moonbats continue to blame Rand for something he had no control over?

TheDriver
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
WBKO has a piece on now... Obama is part of it... RIght after the moveon.org chick..

Loving it!

UKJRC
10-26-2010, 04:11 PM
WKYT piece was pretty good. Profit says he has received numerous death threats. Said he never intended to stomp her only restrain her and that he believed her intent was to hurt Dr. Paul. It went on to report that she rushed Paul three seperate times and how profit called for the police to no avail. Finally it concluded by talking about moveon.org and her numerous arrests for stunts such as this.

Brett85
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I hope this ends up backfiring on Conway the way that "Aqua Budda" did. I doubt if people in Kentucky are very fond of Moveon.org.

Brett85
10-26-2010, 04:19 PM
WKYT piece was pretty good. Profit says he has received numerous death threats. Said he never intended to stomp her only restrain her and that he believed her intent was to hurt Dr. Paul. It went on to report that she rushed Paul three seperate times and how profit called for the police to no avail. Finally it concluded by talking about moveon.org and her numerous arrests for stunts such as this.

I hope that people actually watch these newscasts rather than reading all of the ridiculous garbage on the internet regarding this incident.

TheDriver
10-26-2010, 04:19 PM
A ton of Rand Paul's ads are playing, well same ad, but running like crazy.

Brett85
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
A ton of Rand Paul's ads are playing, well same ad, but running like crazy.

Mostly the "Yes we can" ad?

BamaFanNKy
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah, the WKYT report exposed her political activism:
http://www.wkyt.com/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5231503&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

furface
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I doubt if people in Kentucky are very fond of Moveon.org.

So she deserves to have her head stepped on because of her politics? I've been trying very hard to convince my moderate and independent friends to support Ron Paul and his son Rand, and stuff like this makes it very, very difficult. The guy was wrong. Rand's campaign was right to quickly fire him and disassociate themselves from him.

It was an ugly, unfortunate indecent. Rand's supporters defending it reflects negatively on Rand.

UKJRC
10-26-2010, 04:30 PM
No mention of it on WLEX

Brett85
10-26-2010, 04:31 PM
So she deserves to have her head stepped on because of her politics? I've been trying very hard to convince my moderate and independent friends to support Ron Paul and his son Rand, and stuff like this makes it very, very difficult.

Right. Because it was Rand's fault that one of his supporters went too far in trying to protect him. That makes no sense at all.

Brett85
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
So she deserves to have her head stepped on because of her politics?

And no, it had nothing to do with her politics. It had to do with the fact that she was rushing toward Rand. What if she had actually had a gun with her? Would it have still been wrong to take her down then?

furface
10-26-2010, 04:36 PM
And no, it had nothing to do with her politics. It had to do with the fact that she was rushing toward Rand. What if she had actually had a gun with her? Would it have still been wrong to take her down then?

You're quoting me out of context. I was responding to a claim that people wouldn't care about the indecent because she belonged to moveon.org.

silverhandorder
10-26-2010, 04:38 PM
So she deserves to have her head stepped on because of her politics? I've been trying very hard to convince my moderate and independent friends to support Ron Paul and his son Rand, and stuff like this makes it very, very difficult. The guy was wrong. Rand's campaign was right to quickly fire him and disassociate themselves from him.

It was an ugly, unfortunate indecent. Rand's supporters defending it reflects negatively on Rand.

First of all be honest and admit there was no head stomp. Second ask your self what you would do if a lunatic crazy woman was charging a politician you support. Would you stand by or act? Would you admit since everything happens in a 5 second time span that a man can not completely asses the situation? He apologized too. Liberals want blood because they are blood thirsty marxists. You are falling for their strategy by giving in too their crazy.

Brett85
10-26-2010, 04:39 PM
You're quoting me out of context. I was responding to a claim that people wouldn't care about the indecent because she belonged to moveon.org.

You're the one taking me out of context. I was just saying that people aren't going to just see her as some innocent victim who was assaulted because she was a liberal. The guy who stomped on her after she was down went too far and was very stupid, but the guy who originally tackled her did so out of fear that she was going to hurt Rand.

furface
10-26-2010, 04:45 PM
You know I donated a decent amount of money to Rand. I know better than to think that he is the same as some of his crazier supporters. If you're claiming that Rand is the type of person that views a girl with a political sign as a threat, you're defaming him in my view. His campaign appears to view that that crazy idiot did the same way I did.

sailingaway
10-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah. I guarantee you that if a Conway person had done this there would be no news coverage of the event at all. Our media is to the point now where they're basically just an active arm of the Democrat Party. They basically act like Rand himself actually committed an act of violence against this woman. How can these far left moonbats continue to blame Rand for something he had no control over?

To this time they still aren't discussing the Rand Paul supporter at the same event who had a surgical boot on that was stomped on by a Conway supporter. It opened the incision and she filed assault charges, but there are only a couple references in media at all, on that.

silverhandorder
10-26-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't speak for Rand but for my self. She crossed the line period. She does not get to complain about the consequences.

JoshLowry
10-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Media realizes it can't dwell on this issue for too long.

http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2010/10/kathy-stein-on-last-word-with-lawrence.html

Bumped.