PDA

View Full Version : More Predict a constested RNC convention.

Primbs
10-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Former U.S. Rep. Jim Leach says the odds are increasing that the jumbled race for the Republican presidential nomination won't be decided ahead of the national convention.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/NEWS09/710170377/1001/RSS01

Bradley in DC
10-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I think it's highly possible that no candidate will have a majority of the delegates at the end of the primaries, but...

I do think the many months in between the end of the primaries will be telling: Dr. Paul could pick up the LP, CP, rump Reform and other party nominations over the summer and overall, the candidates and powers that be will be in the smoke filled rooms cutting deals to get the majority before September.

erowe1
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I think it's highly possible that no candidate will have a majority of the delegates at the end of the primaries, but...

I do think the many months in between the end of the primaries will be telling: Dr. Paul could pick up the LP, CP, rump Reform and other party nominations over the summer and overall, the candidates and powers that be will be in the smoke filled rooms cutting deals to get the majority before September.

What's rump Reform? Is that a nickname for what's left of the Reform party?

Bradley in DC
10-19-2007, 11:35 AM
What's rump Reform? Is that a nickname for what's left of the Reform party?

Um, yes, sorry. Not really a nickname, I just called the rump (8? states that are left) from what used to be a larger party. And it split. The current remnant is Buchananite.

erowe1
10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Isn't there any party that the Ventura wing of the Reform party calls home now?