PDA

View Full Version : McCain thinks he is the real Reagan Republican

Primbs
10-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Ron Paul has to show he is a real Reagan Conservative who would be ashamed of John McCain.

http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071014/NEWS01/710140398/1043/NEWS01

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Ron Paul has to show he is a real Reagan Conservative who would be ashamed of John McCain.

http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071014/NEWS01/710140398/1043/NEWS01

I don't want a "Reagan Conservative." No thanks! I would totally vote against Reagan if given the chance. Ron Paul is the real Ben Franklin consevative, how's that? lol

kylejack
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
He considers Ron Paul more honest than himself, though, heh.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Ron Paul is the Thompson Jefferson conservative

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Ron Paul is the real Ben Franklin consevative, how's that? lol

Not so good. Some think that Franklin was a double-agent. :p

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Reagan talked a good game. The problem is that he didn't DO what he talked about and surrounded himself with a bunch of big government insiders.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Reagan talked a good game. The problem is that he didn't DO what he talked about and surrounded himself with a bunch of big government insiders.

Yeah, I always wonder if he regretted it? All those broken promises...

Taco John
10-19-2007, 09:34 AM
McCain just seems like a buffoon to me at this point. Anybody who just "says" the surge is working, even if the goals of the surge are most definitely not being accomplished, is just cheerleading death for the sake of cheerleading death.

I was a diehard McCain fan when he ran in 2000. I still think he'd have made a much better president than ole dummy. But I'd never consider voting for McCain after watching him sucking up to ole dummy the last 6 years after what he did to him during that election. If McCain had took these years to set himself apart from Bush, he'd be damn near unstoppable right now. Thankfully, a real maverick has been doing it for much longer, and for genuine reasons.

kylejack
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
McCain just seems like a buffoon to me at this point. Anybody who just "says" the surge is working, even if the goals of the surge are most definitely not being accomplished, is just cheerleading death for the sake of cheerleading death.
Well, by "working", they seem to mean that its reducing American deaths, and that seems to be true.

Primbs
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Reagan still carries a lot of weight in certain primaries.

There are Reagan Republican vs. Bush Republicans.

We should at least target the Reaganites who wanted limited government but were unable to achieve it.

The former head of the Reagan General Services Agencies came from New Hampshire into government to cut government and shut down agencies. They actively fought bureaucrats but were stopped at every turn.

This guy did everything he could to keep bureaucrats from coming to work each day in order to cut government spending.

They were the most serious people to try and cut government spending other than Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Well, to be fair, there was a lot he couldn't do because of Congress. But, many felt like he sold out when he accepted Bush as his VP. We all knew that Bush was the consummate big government insider. Perhaps it was the deal he had to make. Don't know.

The thing is, that there are a whole lot of Republicans who only remember what Reagan said. They somehow have selective memory on what he did. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that we could leverage his words to show that Paul's stances are the closest to what he SAID.

davidkachel
10-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I've always liked McCain but now, with the perspective of seeing him alongside Ron Paul, I can see he is just as hollow as the rest of them.
RP is a genuine human being. The rest are just hollow shells. It is so obvious now, but we've had nothing but hollow shells for comparison for so long, we stopped seeing them for what they were.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 09:40 AM
What's the thing coming out of McCain's neck? It's scary. Maybe he's an alien hiding in synthetic body?

here's the "lite" version

http://img.aktualne.centrum.cz/34/13/341300-usa-john-mccain.jpg

before or after the transformation? hmm
http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/JOHN_MCCAIN_GRIMACES_IN_DEBATE_W_GW_BUSH.jpg