PDA

View Full Version : NRSC keeps negative Conway advertisements in the spotlight

bobbyw24
10-26-2010, 04:37 AM
The National Republican Senatorial Committee rushed to the aid of Kentucky’s Tea Party favorite Senate candidate Rand Paul with a new ad Monday railing against Democratic candidate Jack Conway.

The ad compiles criticisms of Conway from news personalities Anderson Cooper, Mike Barnacle and Ezra Klein, each questioning the Democrat’s ethics in his attacks on Paul. The ad also says Conway “would rather talk about anything – anything – except his support for President Obama’s policies.”

Cooper, who hosts Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN, says, “I mean a lot Democrats are saying look this Conway ad just crosses the line.”

NRSC Press Secretary Amber Marchand said the ad’s intent is meant to highlight what her organization said is Conway’s attempts to “distract voters” from his support for the president.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/25/nrsc-keeps-negative-conway-advertisements-in-the-spotlight/

sailingaway
10-26-2010, 07:33 AM
It's a good ad.

Pretty much time to change the subject back to the issues of the day, though. Like Rand's 'Rand's Plan' ad. And someone should do abortion. Not sure if Rand should be the one but someone darned well should.

low preference guy
10-26-2010, 11:51 AM
It's a good ad.

Pretty much time to change the subject back to the issues of the day, though. Like Rand's 'Rand's Plan' ad. And someone should do abortion. Not sure if Rand should be the one but someone darned well should.

I wonder if it would effective. I'm not from Kentucky so I want to ask: If Rand has most conservatives votes locked up, wouldn't an abortion ad turn off independents or Democrats planning to vote for Rand, while at the same time not giving Rand many new conservatives supporters (because he has that support already)?

Brett85
10-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I wonder if it would effective. I'm not from Kentucky so I want to ask: If Rand has most conservatives votes locked up, wouldn't an abortion ad turn off independents or Democrats planning to vote for Rand, while at the same time not giving Rand many new conservatives supporters (because he has that support already)?

About half of the Democrats in Kentucky are pro life according to the polls. The only thing it might do is turn off moderate to liberal Republicans in Louisville. If I were Rand I would run a pro life ad in every market in the state except for the Louisville market.