PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff on CNBC's Fast Money 10/25/10

Daamien
10-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Enjoy.

YouTube - Peter Schiff on CNBC Fast Money 10/25/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd8t3T84jMU)

Daamien
10-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Also, here is his video blog from today:
YouTube - G20, tax the rich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzkwie5EFtM)

Peter loves the mic/camera!

Kotin
10-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Great job as always Peter.. Thanks for posting!! How's the radio show going so far?

ClayTrainor
10-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Sweet, thanks for the links!

Daamien
10-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Great job as always Peter.. Thanks for posting!! How's the radio show going so far?

I'm not Peter, but you're welcome. The show is going great and is into its second week. We have some interesting guests coming up this week, stay tuned and thanks for watching. As always, let me know if you have any feedback here, but don't hesitate to email the show (http://schiffradio.com/contactus?loadForm=3#contactForms) and call in to talk to Peter at (866) 226-5620 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM ET.

Fredom101
10-26-2010, 03:54 AM
How does Schiff justify calling any of these countries "honor students"? Granted, they're not as dumb as the US gov, but these central banks are not helping the situation in any of these countries, so how could they get any praise from an Austrian like Schiff?

awake
10-26-2010, 04:49 AM
All those people who think poking China with a protectionist stick had better heed Peter's words.

jtstellar
10-26-2010, 08:15 AM
How does Schiff justify calling any of these countries "honor students"? Granted, they're not as dumb as the US gov, but these central banks are not helping the situation in any of these countries, so how could they get any praise from an Austrian like Schiff?

it's his opinion that he is entitled to. he doesn't need to justify anything.

Fredom101
10-26-2010, 08:32 AM
it's his opinion that he is entitled to. he doesn't need to justify anything.

So we shouldn't comment on anything because everyone is entitled to their opinion? He must have some reason to say this, I'm just asking what people think.

johnrocks
10-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Great video although I did have to LOL when that girl at the end said "For those who haven't got enough Peter"

jtstellar
10-26-2010, 08:52 AM
So we shouldn't comment on anything because everyone is entitled to their opinion? He must have some reason to say this, I'm just asking what people think.

so you want me to speculate.. ok here's my take

he's just exaggerating things to make a point like he often does. i mean he does run a business. his livelihood doesn't just depend on his forecasting skills but also the ability to advertise himself. it's not something i would do, but i guess constant exaggeration is what he does and perhaps he tries to make things more humorous by doing it, or to him at least.

his method of exaggeration usually tries intentionally to go way overboard, so that people know he is only being half serious. if he were more deceptive like a liberal so intent on winning a debate, he would make these metaphors more subtle i believe. therefore i think he means well.

and no china is not an honor student. having extended families both in china and taiwan and lots of business-operating relatives and their horror stories of chinese government's forced-takeover of lands, i would know. this should be widespread knowledge tho, even without schiff elaborating it on tv.

HOLLYWOOD
10-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Enjoy.

YouTube - Peter Schiff on CNBC Fast Money 10/25/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd8t3T84jMU)

Fast Money Gang: "...Free Air Schiff" chuckles... funny

Show is great and the political candidates Schiff has hosted so far has been outstanding.

Lollar that's running against Steny Hoyer in MD is an awesome guy... very sharp candidate. The CT candidates are excellent too... I hope the Sheeple wake up.

lester1/2jr
10-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Melissa lee is so beautiful I'm sorry I really can't even focus on what Peter is saying.

Fredom101
10-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Melissa lee is so beautiful I'm sorry I really can't even focus on what Peter is saying.

All the women on that channel are beautiful, yet they are....lacking in any kind of knowledge as to the topic at hand. I hate the way they do interviews. For example, they ask Schiff a question, and he gives them a completely different answer from what they were expecting, and instead of a back-and-forth dialogue, they just fire off the next question! I hate those type of interviews. Here's an example:

Hot Reporter Chick: "The dollar rallied today and gold dropped over $40/ounce. Do you think this is signaling the end of the bull market in gold and a stronger dollar from here on out? Do you think people should sell their gold?"
Peter: "No, I think it's the exact opposite. The dollar is doing a dead cat bounce and gold had a sell off. Now is a good time to buy on the dip, and get out of the dollar. The US economy is completely doomed, so the bull market in gold is a long way away from being over."
Hot Reporter Chick: "What do you think about oil, is it a good buy right now?"

If they knew anything about the topic it would be more interesting, these type of interviews to me are aggravating because it is just question-answer-question-answer and no commentary by the interviewer.

Daamien
10-26-2010, 09:58 AM

I can't speak for Peter, but believe he was implying that they are "honor students" when compared on a relative basis to the United States, not on an absolute basis.

jtstellar
10-26-2010, 12:21 PM

you serious.. they all look like wrinkled rags to me

lester1/2jr
10-26-2010, 01:27 PM
she's in her 20's I think.

Fredom- it's micro vs macro thinking. The show is called fast money not long term investing. Honestly I don't know why Peter Schiff goes on the show but it's usually entertaining if akward.