PDA

View Full Version : Video: Peter Schiff debates keynesian economist

Knightskye
10-25-2010, 10:13 PM
YouTube - Schiff vs. Henwood on Economic Crisis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VyFWzc-cmg)

It is Real News, but back when I used to watch, Paul Jay seemed like a fairer host.

RonPaulwillWin
10-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Good find, thanks. I'll watch this as soon as I finish listening to the Schiff show.

BenIsForRon
10-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Damn, I wish TRN had posted the production vs wages facts afterward. That figure pretty much decides whether Peter was correct or the Keynesian was correct.

Peter had to be right. The extra production we see is from overseas laborers working for American companies.

aGameOfThrones
10-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Go to 19:00...

Schiff: Where's the Gov going to get the money?

Douche bag: The Gov has the money!

Schiff: They have nothing. They have a printing press.

Interviewer: Where is the Gov going to get the money?

Douche bag: From Taxes, Taxing.

Schiff: From who?

Douche bag: From People like you!

Go to 20:18...

Douche bag: We do need to get wages up.

Schiff: Do you employ anyone?

Douche bag: Um (holy shit, he got me), very, very part time, very small.

Schiff: Why don't you raise their pay?

Docuhe bag: (Oh shit, he got me good) *Rolls eyes* I pay one person very generously.

Schiff: I can say I employ 125 people.

Note: I think it's poorly edited. Also, it's very good from 19:00 onwards.

BrendenR
10-26-2010, 01:13 AM
I wish Peter would mention some specific regulations with examples. I've listened to him countless times and he always seems to lose ground in a debate when it turns into a "we removed regulations and look what happened" vs. "regulations are killing jobs" without any mention of specific regulations (is federal guarantees of mortgages a regulation?).

The other thing that bothers me about his approach (and I am a huge fan, having read two of his books and donated to his campaign) is that there is constant talk about how government intervention is bad, but hardly a mention about how Corporations have the world by the balls due to giant monopolies and personhood rights in the states.

I think we could get a lot more people on board if we started attacking Corporations and Government equally where appropriate, because government does actually provide valuable services to many less than well off people (valuable to them, perhaps not to society, etc.), and you can not get through to them by attacking the government.

Anyway, just some thoughts, my 2c, etc.

dannno
10-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Hah, these guys are speaking completely different languages.

ibaghdadi
10-26-2010, 11:51 AM
This was irritating.

aravoth
10-26-2010, 11:52 AM
This was irritating.

for some reason I was reminded of Atlas Shrugged...

ibaghdadi
10-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Note: I think it's poorly edited. Also, it's very good from 19:00 onwards.
Thanks for this. I gave up at 18:00. Got really irritated with the two douche bags.

Now I'm gonna play it from 19:00 onwards.

Knightskye
10-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Go to 20:18...

Douche bag: We do need to get wages up.

Schiff: Do you employ anyone?

Douche bag: Um (holy shit, he got me), very, very part time, very small.

Schiff: Why don't you raise their pay?

Docuhe bag: (Oh shit, he got me good) *Rolls eyes* I pay one person very generously.

Schiff: I can say I employ 125 people.

Peter got him good. :D

I don't think he's a douchebag. Wherever he learned economics, he should get his money back.

Vessol
10-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Wow. That guy just comes off as 1) The biggest smuggestdouchebag and 2) A government parrot

I love how he rolls his eyes when Peter talks and clenches his fists and glares at him while hesitates, I love his employment answers lol.

Knightskye
10-30-2010, 01:25 AM
I love his employment answers lol.

We'd have few people employed, but they would be paid "generously."