PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Hannity's swipe at Rand just now?

militant
10-25-2010, 07:09 PM
I flipped over to FNC to see if they were talking about the debate, and the intro to Hannity's show had a pretty nasty shot at Rand. There was a sequence of clips of Republicans and Tea Partiers looking and sounding good. Then Rand, saying his 'I don't think anyone thinks I've said anything extreme' or whatever it is. Next is Conway, the only Democrat I remember seeing in the clip series, saying 'Who brings up nazis in a US Senate race in 2010?' and then a quick cut to a 1-2 second clip of Rand walking, head down, in black and white.

Anyone else catch this?

paulitics
10-25-2010, 07:12 PM
I flipped over to FNC to see if they were talking about the debate, and the intro to Hannity's show had a pretty nasty shot at Rand. There was a sequence of clips of Republicans and Tea Partiers looking and sounding good. Then Rand, saying his 'I don't think anyone thinks I've said anything extreme' or whatever it is. Next is Conway, the only Democrat I remember seeing in the clip series, saying 'Who brings up nazis in a US Senate race in 2010?' and then a quick cut to a 1-2 second clip of Rand walking, head down, in black and white.

Anyone else catch this?

Did Hannity himself take a swipe at Rand, or was it just a portrayal of the lieberal media's attacks on Rand?

Brett85
10-25-2010, 07:17 PM
You're making a big deal out of nothing. Hannity portrays the drama that is going on in the campaigns during the intro to his shows. He's been in Rand's corner since he won the primary.

militant
10-25-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm looking to see if anyone else saw it and if I saw what I thought I saw. I want to see the clip again. The section about Rand felt very much out of tune with the rest of it and I just want to be sure.

TheConstitutionLives
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm looking to see if anyone else saw it and if I saw what I thought I saw. I want to see the clip again. The section about Rand felt very much out of tune with the rest of it and I just want to be sure.

me thinks you're over thinking

Inkblots
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Geez, some folks around here need to learn that in politics, it doesn't pay to hold grudges.

Yes, Hannity was a jerk to Ron, but he's been 100% in the tank for Rand the entire general election. You really need to stop grasping at straws, even though you want to make him a villain this year.

specsaregood
10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
He's been in Rand's corner since he won the primary.

Don't think for a second that he wouldn't stab him in the back if he was told to.

Brett85
10-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Don't think for a second that he wouldn't stab him in the back if he was told to.

Rand can get along better with people like Hannity, because despite whatever disagreements they may have on the issues, Rand expresses his disagreements thoughtfully and doesn't go out of his way to antagonize people like Hannity. I like Ron, but it seemed like at times during his 2008 campaign he would go out of his way to get under Hannity's skin. I think that Rand has the better approach.

specsaregood
10-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Rand can get along better with people like Hannity, because despite whatever disagreements they may have on the issues, Rand expresses his disagreements thoughtfully and doesn't go out of his way to antagonize people like Hannity. I like Ron, but it seemed like at times during his 2008 campaign he would go out of his way to get under Hannity's skin. I think that Rand has the better approach.

Yeah, I wasn't referring to his demeanor. I'm talking about agenda and motives.

MozoVote
10-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Hannity will probably never take the chip off his shoulder for Ron Paul after this episode. :D We're probably lucky that he even sees daylight between Rand and Ron.

YouTube - Sean Hannity Chased Down By Angry Republicans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNZS9ZuZcrg&feature=related)

militant
10-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Geez, some folks around here need to learn that in politics, it doesn't pay to hold grudges.

Yes, Hannity was a jerk to Ron, but he's been 100% in the tank for Rand the entire general election. You really need to stop grasping at straws, even though you want to make him a villain this year.

If you read, I am *asking* if I saw what I think I saw. Was hoping there'd be a tube of Hannity's show so I could look again.

Inkblots
10-25-2010, 08:51 PM
If you read, I am *asking* if I saw what I think I saw. Was hoping there'd be a tube of Hannity's show so I could look again.

Sorry if I misunderstood you. But my point wasn't just for you. Some people have spent the whole election season waiting for Hannity or Beck to stab our candidates in the back. One week out from the election, hopefully they'll have learned something about the power of the Red vs. Blue mentality - all we need to do is win the primaries, and most of the talkers will fall in line.

JoshLowry
10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Hannity will probably never take the chip off his shoulder for Ron Paul after this episode. :D We're probably lucky that he even sees daylight between Rand and Ron.

No one has chips on their shoulders.

They are mouth pieces/actors that read teleprompters owned by giant media corporations.

Just wanted to clarify that.

militant
10-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry if I misunderstood you. But my point wasn't just for you. Some people have spent the whole election season waiting for Hannity or Beck to stab our candidates in the back. One week out from the election, hopefully they'll have learned something about the power of the Red vs. Blue mentality - all we need to do is win the primaries, and most of the talkers will fall in line.
I had an initial gut reaction to it that was rather strong. I wasn't looking for or expecting anything but glowing treatment. I don't like bias, but when it happens in our favor, I can't help but get a kick out of it at least. But this kinda kicked me, in the wrong way instead, and I am hoping I can find the clip or full show later tonight or by sometime tomorrow. Just to be sure I *didn't* see what I think I saw. Headline was admittedly a little reactionary.