PDA

View Full Version : howard dean?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Did you know that Howard Dean was against gun control? I guess he had a libertarian streak ;) maybe this is why he had a grass roots following?

kylejack
10-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Did you know that Howard Dean was against gun control? I guess he had a libertarian streak ;) maybe this is why he had a grass roots following?
He had to be, because his state is rabidly pro-gun. You can carry a concealed handgun in Vermont without a permit.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 08:51 AM
He had to be, because his state is rabidly pro-gun. You can carry a concealed handgun in Vermont without a permit.

Why do they keep calling that state a liberal state? That's not a liberal position.

Green Mountain Boy
10-19-2007, 08:52 AM

I voted for him in 2004. Vermont has the best (fewest) gun restrictions in the nation.(someone can correct me if they feel their state is better).

Dean was also pretty fiscally conservative for Democrat. We always had a balanced budget under Dean as Governor. However, I think he's sold out now that he's part of the DNC establishment. :(

kylejack
10-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Why do they keep calling that state a liberal state? That's not a liberal position.
They have some socialized healthcare and stuff. Ben and Jerry and some others moved there decades ago and started altering the political landscape. Its a pretty liberal state, with the gun issue being a very notable exception.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I voted for him in 2004. Vermont has the best (fewest) gun restrictions in the nation.(someone can correct me if they feel their state is better).

Dean was also pretty fiscally conservative for Democrat. We always had a balanced budget under Dean as Governor. However, I think he's sold out now to the DNC establishment. :(

oh. He does have a lot of libertarian votes here, but ontheissues.org puts him down as "moderate liberal" that's probably because he votes for universal health care, requires companies to hire women & minorities...FAVORS DEATH PENALTY? wow..ok. this guy sure is...uhh unique lol

I'm OPPOSED to the death penalty!

Green Mountain Boy
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, definitely not a cookie cutter Democrat. I voted for him in the primaries because of his strong anti-war position against the other schmucks like John Kerry. Voted for Badnarik in the general election.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 09:22 AM
He wanted privatized social security lol definitely not the "cookie cutter" dem. He is opposed Mandatory Three Strikes sentencing laws. Still, not my guy with a loads of cons to his record: he wants "free trade" through NAFTA, CAFTA, and is a believer in the UN. He's probably the best the dems had out there, though.