PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Says Victory Would Send Message to Congress

bobbyw24
10-25-2010, 05:34 AM
PADUCAH, Ky. (AP) — Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Rand Paul is saying that if tea party candidates like himself win on Election Day, they will have a clear mandate to balance the budget and bring federal spending under control.

Paul told exuberant tea party supporters Saturday that if he loses, some will interpret the movement opposing the Washington political establishment as too radical and too conservative.

http://www.newsmax.com/Advertise/US-Kentucky-Senate/2010/10/24/id/374677

JohnEngland
10-25-2010, 05:52 AM
There's so much at stake in this race.

If Rand loses, it'll send the message to the Republican Party that Constitution-loving candidates cannot win. They will not risk another Rand Paul and will instead return to the Trey Graysons of the party.

If Rand loses, the media will decree that the Tea Party movement has been proven by the ballot box to be "too radical" for America.

If Rand loses, the most principled man in the Senate will not be there and Republican senators will have to look to a lesser person for leadership (though DeMint isn't bad, he's not Rand Paul).

If Rand loses, all the speeches, talks about discussions that he would have made as senator will not take place.

And, as a Brit, I just want the bastard media here to realise that Tea Party candidates like Rand are the mainstream and not some fringe, as they tell their readers.

And if Tea Partiers like Rand and Angle win, it might just be enough to help the Conservative Party here and save my country from its intellectual decline.

thomas-in-ky
10-25-2010, 06:23 AM

If Rand loses, it'll send the message to the Republican Party that Constitution-loving candidates cannot win. They will not risk another Rand Paul and will instead return to the Trey Graysons of the party.

If Rand loses, the media will decree that the Tea Party movement has been proven by the ballot box to be "too radical" for America.

If Rand loses, the most principled man in the Senate will not be there and Republican senators will have to look to a lesser person for leadership (though DeMint isn't bad, he's not Rand Paul).

If Rand loses, all the speeches, talks about discussions that he would have made as senator will not take place.

And, as a Brit, I just want the bastard media here to realise that Tea Party candidates like Rand are the mainstream and not some fringe, as they tell their readers.

And if Tea Partiers like Rand and Angle win, it might just be enough to help the Conservative Party here and save my country from its intellectual decline.

Good points. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity here. When Rand wins, I look for the Democratic party to throw Conway under the bus and drive back-and-forth a few times. They would prefer to denigrate their own candidate rather than to acknowledge Rand's election as a genuine expression of the will of the people in KY... a state with considerably more registered democrats than registered republicans. Rand's election will be no less than a repudiation of the patronizing parochialism that career politicians have been using to win elections and ruin our country.

Imagine it...six years of Rand Paul speaking from the senate floor... appearing at least weekly... calling out the establishment and railing against unconstitutional legislation. Electing Rand Paul to the house would have been an admirable feat... electing him to the Senate will be astounding.

sailingaway
10-25-2010, 06:50 AM
My thread has pictures.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=265574

sailingaway
10-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Good points. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity here. When Rand wins, I look for the Democratic party to throw Conway under the bus and drive back-and-forth a few times. They would prefer to denigrate their own candidate rather than to acknowledge Rand's election as a genuine expression of the will of the people in KY....

Oh definitely. Forget Rand leading in every independent poll from the primary on, despite every lying spin media statement and being vilified across the country, and despite the patently false statements Conway makes against him. Forget them sending Organizing for America in to go door to door and unions going door to door to make up for Conway's lack of grass root support. Forget Clinton coming in twice including the highest visibility day of all -- the day before the election.

It will be 'it was a GOP year and then he blew it with the Aqua Buddha ad.'

Matt Collins
10-25-2010, 07:45 AM

Rand's success will depend on our efforts.

Have you volunteered to make calls on Rand's behalf?
Are you coming to KY to go door-to-door for Rand?

It's in our hands!!