PDA

View Full Version : Obama Books entire Taj Mahal Hotel!

jclay2
10-24-2010, 01:05 PM
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/Barack-and-Michelles-Mumbai-darshan-plans/articleshow/6797379.cms

Thats right folks, when our humble nwo leader travels, he does it in style.

To ensure fool-proof security, the President’s team has booked the entire the Taj Mahal Hotel, including 570 rooms, all banquets and restaurants. Since his security contingent and staff will comprise a huge number, 125 rooms at Taj President have also been booked, apart from 80 to 90 rooms each in Grand Hyatt and The Oberoi hotels.

The officer said, “Obama’s contingent is huge. There are two jumbo jets coming along with Air Force One, which will be flanked by security jets. There will be 30 to 40 secret service agents, who will arrive before him. The President’s convoy has 45 cars, including the Lincoln Continental in which the President travels.”

Since Obama will stay in a hotel that is on sea front, elaborate coastal security arrangements have been made by the US Navy in consonance with the Indian Navy and the Coast Guard. “There will be US naval ships, along with Indian vessels , patrolling the sea till about 330-km from the shore. This is to negate the possibility of a missile being fired from a distance,” the officer said.

Heaven forbid we save 10-20 million dollars and choose not to fly to Mumbai and rent out entire hotels, bring traffic to a standstill for millions, and continue an interventionist foreign policy. Looks like this will be another elitist showing similar to this:

YouTube - President Obama Fundraising: Nightmare For Local Residents in LA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUKbTaw8fGQ)

AGRP
10-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Its for the children.

2young2vote
10-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I love the comments in that video. Lots of them are saying that he doesn't decide what kind of security there will be, but I bet he and congress have the power to give the president decision making abilities about his own security. At the most there should be 2 or 3 armored cars filled with body guards and that is it. Personally, i would try to go the sneaky route and take 1 or maybe 2 undercover (not this black Chevy suburban with tinted windows kind of thing).

But for the hotel thing? That is way over kill. Honestly, it probably would have been a lot easier for them to just pick a random hotel once they got there and send him in through the back door so nobody knows he is there and have a decoy staying at another. It might not be as safe, but it would be a heck of a lot less expensive than renting out an entire hotel.

Obviously some security is needed, but not as much as he is getting.

MelissaWV
10-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Telecommuting? Nah. Let's go in person. Let's book an entire hotel. Let's take oodles of excess people (and their baggage, I'm sure) overseas. Let's patrol others' shores and waters in order to ensure the safety of all those oodles of people.

I have no idea why that's considered sane.

I'm pretty sure it was Dubya who was in town while I was trying to navigate Miami traffic one time, and the intersection I needed to go through was shut down in a big way. There was no turning around, there were helicopters around, and there were all kinds of people basically jammed up and unable to go anywhere in the middle of the day. After quite some time, the reason became clear: the President's motorcade needed to go through the intersection. Multiply this over and over again and you get an idea of why either the security needs to be scaled back, or the President needs to set an example and be present electronically at meetings rather than flying there in person.

I know, I know; it'll never happen.

Dr.3D
10-24-2010, 02:31 PM
As I recall, that hotel had a serious problem in the past with 'terrorists'. I seriously doubt even our military can stop something like that from happening again should those 'terrorists' decide to do something like that again.

Now that they have told everybody in the world what their plans are, could it be that the big O won't be there after all? Could this just be a security set up to make people think he is going to stay there? If something does happen, are they going to spin some kind of story regarding it to the public via the government controlled media?

Bruno
10-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Let's just let the liberal outrage from the Democrats put Obama in check on this. I'm sure there will be outrage, right?? :rolleyes:

ItsTime
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM
The first lady is meeting with hookers?

Adding to the Obamas’ busy schedule is Michelle’s likely visit to Kamathipura, where she will meet commercial sex workers

jclay2
10-24-2010, 05:10 PM

And why is this necessary? :rolleyes:

Aratus
10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
20 million to have 99% to 100% security?

LibertyBrews
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Obama's stimulating the Indian economy.

tangent4ronpaul
10-24-2010, 05:22 PM

Oh man! - how'd that get out??? No one is supposed to know she's a closet bi...

ItsTime
10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't get it why is she meeting with hookers?

MelissaWV
10-24-2010, 05:36 PM
I don't get it why is she meeting with hookers?

It probably relates to human rights. Hookers in other countries are not always hanging out on street corners or practicing their trade in secret. Some of them are just "disgraced" women in a given district, or even just providing a well-known and sought-after service. I'm sure the entire goal is to talk about how degrading it is, and present some story (if possible) of the suffering young girl who has to sell her body to provide food for her family.

Liberty_Mike
10-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow, booking the entire Taj Mahal hotel, 100+ room in another hotel, having US Navy in the sea guarding the hotel, etc. How much in tax paying dollars do you think this ridiculously pointless trip will cost just so Michell can meet with some Indian hos???

mczerone
10-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Oh man! - how'd that get out??? No one is supposed to know she's a closet bi...

So she's the one that secured Oprah's endorsement!

wildfirepower
10-24-2010, 08:39 PM

Adding to the Obamas’ busy schedule is Michelle’s likely visit to Kamathipura, where she will meet commercial sex workers
Why is USA people quiet/silent?