PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Tonight Show with Tom Cruise

mrchubbs
10-19-2007, 04:41 AM
Anyone else find it amusing that Ron Paul's going to be the Tonight Show when Tom Cruise is the other guest? Should be interesting. I'm betting folks like Glenn Beck will have a field day with that. The musical guest is "The Sex Pistols"...

See link for Tonight Show schedule:
http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#TS

Enjoy.

walt
10-19-2007, 04:55 AM
it's all a set up ;)

MicroBalrog
10-19-2007, 05:04 AM
Tom Cruise has been unfairly treated by the media before.

Ron Paul has been unfairly treated by the media before.

Perfect.

Starks
10-19-2007, 05:05 AM
Damage control the next day...

"Leno invites two loonies... One is a Scientologist, the other is a defeatist politician. Both hate America."

I can honestly imagine Rush, Hannity, and O'Reilly in a giant neocon circle-jerk, strategizing their next hit piece.

LastoftheMohicans
10-19-2007, 05:54 AM
While it's true that Cruise is a little weird, he has courageously opposed Institutional Psychiatry. Here he is with the great libertarian dissident psychiatrist Thomas Szasz: http://www.cchr.org/index.cfm/7267

Note: Szasz is not a Scientologist but is an advocate of a free market in religion. Better known as the Separation of Church and State.

If you're not familiar with Thomas Szasz, here's his website: http://szasz.com/

Noog
10-19-2007, 06:02 AM
That show is going to get a lot of viewers. That's great for RP.

MsDoodahs
10-19-2007, 06:32 AM
That's a good 'common ground' thread they have there, LotM.

If that topic comes up and Cruise realizes that he and Dr. Paul have that similarity, he might actually bother to look at some other issues and find more common ground.

:)

murrayrothbard
10-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Too bad RP isn't on 10/29 instead. He could of been on w/ Jenna Bush! LOL :p

wgadget
10-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Maybe Ron can pony up some more female voters if Tom Cruise is on the show with him. Tom Cruise IS a cutie pie...

Starks
10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Maybe Ron can pony up some more female voters if Tom Cruise is on the show with him. Tom Cruise IS a cutie pie...

I hope Dianetics isn't your fetish.

speciallyblend
10-19-2007, 06:54 AM
O god this thread has turned into Vanity Fair,snickers, feel like i was just in a supermarket line reading tabloids,sigh.

Starks
10-19-2007, 06:59 AM
O god this thread has turned into Vanity Fair,snickers, feel like i was just in a supermarket line reading tabloids,sigh.

"Ron Paul delivered the baby we had together!"

Adamsa
10-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Tom Cruise eh? Hmm maybe Tom will take a liking to Ron's views.

Shiranu
10-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Yay, TC is my fave actor (simply because I look alot like him >_> )

ACJohn
10-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Is it safe to assume Tom is still a draw ratings wise and would be a good thing ?

Shiranu
10-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Oh, and Tom Cruise should bring alot of watchers, so thats another yay.

Chrispy
10-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Finally, Ron Paul will look 150% mentally stable when compared side by side to Tom Cruise. Lets face it stardom drove that guy bat-shit crazy. Lets hope the same doesn't happen to our man.

Keith
10-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Actually, this is great news.

I am not a Tom Cruise fan, but I guarantee he will be there to push his new movie, Lions for Lambs. I saw an early showing of that movie earlier this week in Atlanta, and it might help popularize a lot of the things that we have been saying.

Tom Cruise plays a typical scumbag politician, and the movie is all about the war and how the government uses the press to manipulate popular opinion. The tag line of the movie is "If If you don't STAND for something, you might FALL for anything."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions_for_Lambs

ACJohn
10-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Headlines the day after this Tonight Show:

Fringe Wacko speaks with Leno, and Presidential Candidate Dr. Ron Paul was there too.

yongrel
10-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Because the values of liberty, freedom and individual responsibilty weren't sensible enough already....

they'll look even better in contrast with L. Ron Hubbard's ideology.

Starks
10-19-2007, 07:27 AM
I hope Leno's chin doesn't block the audience's view of Ron...

Shiranu
10-19-2007, 07:48 AM
:O lol

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Finally, Ron Paul will look 150% mentally stable when compared side by side to Tom Cruise. Lets face it stardom drove that guy bat-shit crazy. Lets hope the same doesn't happen to our man.

Oh c'mon Chrispy. Ron Paul? He's about as stable as one can get and always has been. I think stardom makes Ron feel more uncomfortable than anything.

damijin
10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I love Tom Cruise, insane scientology and everything. Great actor! Plus he's a total player, Katie Holms? Fuck robbing the cradle, he's orchestrating a grand heist on the uterus.

Primbs
10-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Some have been complaining about lack of women supporting Ron Paul. When they tune in to see Tom Cruise, they will start to like Ron Paul.

TwiStEr
10-19-2007, 08:28 AM
While it's true that Cruise is a little weird, he has courageously opposed Institutional Psychiatry. Here he is with the great libertarian dissident psychiatrist Thomas Szasz: http://www.cchr.org/index.cfm/7267

Note: Szasz is not a Scientologist but is an advocate of a free market in religion. Better known as the Separation of Church and State.

If you're not familiar with Thomas Szasz, here's his website: http://szasz.com/

You have got to be kidding me ... after looking 1min at the CCHR site and looking for 1min at wikipedia you realize CCHR IS SCIENTOLOGY.

Im so glad that these nutjobs dont have the status of religion here in Germany and europe overall .... ask Jeremy Perkins mother if psychiatry is a pseude science or maybe talk to Lisa McPherson on the medical views of scientology .. oh wait they r dead

Johncjackson
10-19-2007, 08:39 AM
It's doubtful Ron Paul will even meet Tom Cruise and I'm 99% sure they will not sit next to each other on stage.

If you watch late night talkshows at all, you know what I'm talking about.

mrchubbs
10-19-2007, 08:43 AM
It's doubtful Ron Paul will even meet Tom Cruise and I'm 99% sure they will not sit next to each other on stage.

If you watch late night talkshows at all, you know what I'm talking about.

On Leno, the previous guest just moves down to the adjacent chair (usually). Obviously, Ron Paul will be the 2nd guest so if things follow form, then he will be sitting next to Tommy.

Enjoy.

manny
10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Forget the Scientology stuff this surely is great news.

If the goal is to get a lot of people to hear RP's ideas then I would be hard pressed to think of anyone better to be on a TV show with. Whether one like Cruise or rates him as an actor, just look at the stats for his movies over two decades - if he's in it, the film rakes in millions of dollars. There are a lot of people who are fans/curious/haters etc of Tom Cruise - in short he gets attention and viewers; exactly what we want.

Adamsa
10-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Could this be the start of Scientology backing Ron...?

Chrispy
10-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Oh c'mon Chrispy. Ron Paul? He's about as stable as one can get and always has been. I think stardom makes Ron feel more uncomfortable than anything.

Haha, just pokin fun. It should be a great appearance. Our TVs blew a fuse where I work the other day though so i won't be able to watch it at work tonight :(. Please give a play by play on the forums tonight on this one i want to see it!

quickmike
10-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Lets just hope Tom doesnt pull any of his Oprah antics on Leno.

Otherwise, the doctor is gonnan have to sedate him and put him in a straight jacket.

Actually, that would probably win Ron the nomination if you think about it. It would be the talk of the town for months.

http://www.lermanet.com/image/couch.jpg

mrchubbs
10-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Haha, just pokin fun. It should be a great appearance. Our TVs blew a fuse where I work the other day though so i won't be able to watch it at work tonight :(. Please give a play by play on the forums tonight on this one i want to see it!

The show is going to be on Oct. 30th, not tonight. The name of the show is the "Tonight Show" though. :)

Enjoy.

smtwngrl
10-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Actually, this is great news.

I am not a Tom Cruise fan, but I guarantee he will be there to push his new movie, Lions for Lambs. I saw an early showing of that movie earlier this week in Atlanta, and it might help popularize a lot of the things that we have been saying.

Tom Cruise plays a typical scumbag politician, and the movie is all about the war and how the government uses the press to manipulate popular opinion. The tag line of the movie is "If If you don't STAND for something, you might FALL for anything."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions_for_Lambs

Omigosh! How much more appropriate can you get than that? :eek: :D

It's fate! ;) :D

mkrfctr
10-19-2007, 09:28 AM
he has courageously opposed Institutional Psychiatry.

bullshit.

he's part of a cult that is based off a sci-fi writers book and who believe if you tell all your secrets (makes for easy blackmail) and pay money to use a machine and be brainwashed (that's actually what the steps are designed to do) than you can harness imaginary things inside you which will enable you to have superpowers basically. Oh and there's the part about aliens in spaceships and volcanoes and such but we won't even get into that.

Mattsa
10-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Anyone else find it amusing that Ron Paul's going to be the Tonight Show when Tom Cruise is the other guest? Should be interesting. I'm betting folks like Glenn Beck will have a field day with that. The musical guest is "The Sex Pistols"...

Enjoy.

Excellent!!!

I hope they interview John Lydon from the Sex Pistols too, He is excellent value for money!

SWATH
10-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Headlines the day after this Tonight Show:

Fringe Wacko speaks with Leno, and Presidential Candidate Dr. Ron Paul was there too.

Well let's hope it doesn't say:

Fringe Wacko speaks with Leno, and Tom Cruise was there too.

mkrfctr
10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
On Leno, the previous guest just moves down to the adjacent chair (usually). Obviously, Ron Paul will be the 2nd guest so if things follow form, then he will be sitting next to Tommy.

Enjoy.

They used to do that, then it became cooler to 'have to be somewhere' and leave right after your bit. Avoided the awkwardness of being 3rd wheel as two other people talked on camera next to you, and made it seem like you were so cool and such a big shot that you had to squeeze a national TV show into your schedule instead of that being your big thing for the day.

davidkachel
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Kinda disappointed that RP is in the # 2 guest slot, but it's better than nothing.
It does worry me a bit that Tom Cruise is a genuine lala leftist and we'll probably hear about how "if we don't buy milk for the starving puppies of Outer Slobovia and send troops to bring them democracy and to defend their right to drink the milk, who will?".
I know Ron can handle that kind of garbage with aplomb, but the problem is that using time to deal with that sort of nonsense takes that time away from getting larger and more important ideas across. The second banana guest usually gets about half as much time as the first banana.

Bradley in DC
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
OMG--with the Sex Pistols who are pro-life libertarians!

And don't forget Tom in the Minority Report!

ACJohn
10-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Hmmm I wonder if we can get RP to hand TC a tin foil hat?

Malakai0
10-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Just keep in mind guys, we don't actually know Tom Cruise just what media has reported to us.

We all know the impeccable reporting standards of the MSM of today right. Think what you like, but judging someone you've never met and who is surrounded by MSM controversy can be a hasty move.

The MSM paints Ron as crazy all the time as well and we all know that's not true.

MicroBalrog
10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
he's part of a cult that is based off a sci-fi writers book and who believe if you tell all your secrets (makes for easy blackmail) and pay money to use a machine and be brainwashed (that's actually what the steps are designed to do) than you can harness imaginary things inside you which will enable you to have superpowers basically.

Catholicism?:D

Green Mountain Boy
10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Catholicism?:D

Hahhaha :D

McDermit
10-19-2007, 10:42 AM

Enjoy.

Kind of depends. A lot of people seem to rush off after their appearance. A good bit do stik around though. We'll have to wait and see.

(woops. soemone already posted the same.)

werdd
10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Tom cruise thinks we were created by an alien named xenu, and we all have thetans and we must learn to expell them.

saahmed
10-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Ron Paul is the second guest? I think that means less time. Fred Thompson got first guest.

texasbelle
10-19-2007, 11:10 AM
They used to do that, then it became cooler to 'have to be somewhere' and leave right after your bit. Avoided the awkwardness of being 3rd wheel as two other people talked on camera next to you, and made it seem like you were so cool and such a big shot that you had to squeeze a national TV show into your schedule instead of that being your big thing for the day.

When Dennis Kucinich was on Leno the Rock was also on. Anyway the Rock stayed onstage in the next chair while Kucinich was being interviewed and he even interacted in the interview. It was a great show.

Green Mountain Boy
10-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Tom cruise thinks we were created by an alien named xenu, and we all have thetans and we must learn to expell them.

I expelled my thetan already. He tried to come back but I took out my 12 gauge and peppered him with rock salt. That should hold him off for now.

As for Xenu, that's another story...
I still have flashbacks from Incident II and the hydrogen bombs.

johngr
10-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Dr. Paul will get HUGE applause.

wbbgjr
10-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Ron Paul is the second guest? I think that means less time. Fred Thompson got first guest.

True, but this should be a really highly rated show with Tom Cruise on. I'm sure a lot of his fans will stick around after his interview since the 1st guest usually sticks around on the couch.

Ron Paul just needs to come up with some way to get his message across in a short time span.

davidkachel
10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Just keep in mind guys, we don't actually know Tom Cruise just what media has reported to us.

Actually, if you Google him, he is pretty consistently leftist and "out there". All political donations to the Democrats, bizarre (to be kind) beliefs, the whole nine yards.

You can be a good actor and still be absolutely nuts... Jane Fonda!!!

EvilTwinkie
10-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Where was this information obtained?

I know one of the producers on the tonight show. I was trying to get tickets in response to this, but she said hes not on the schedule on the 30th, or even any day that week.

Its also not listed on ronpaul2008.com

Green Mountain Boy
10-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Its also not listed on ronpaul2008.com

It's listed - you have to click on "view more events"
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/

Richandler
10-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Well he is on there and that is what is important.

Brinck Slattery
10-19-2007, 12:53 PM
You know, Ron Paul could get some big support from Tom Cruise for his pharmacological freedom stuff. Scientologists are really into opposing big pharma companies. Maybe a Cruise endorsement, followed by Travolta, followed by Isaac Hayes.........

Meatwasp
10-19-2007, 01:05 PM
I can't believe so many of you are tearing down Scientology when were being called kooks too. I remember the F.B.I. under John F. Kennedy broke into the Scientology org and stole all their records. This could happen to us. An old saying " Be careful of someone else liberties they may be your own'

LastoftheMohicans
10-19-2007, 01:57 PM
You have got to be kidding me ... after looking 1min at the CCHR site and looking for 1min at wikipedia you realize CCHR IS SCIENTOLOGY.

Im so glad that these nutjobs dont have the status of religion here in Germany and europe overall .... ask Jeremy Perkins mother if psychiatry is a pseude science or maybe talk to Lisa McPherson on the medical views of scientology .. oh wait they r dead

Psychiatry is a religion, not a science. Cruise is no libertarian, but he has questioned the whole biological basis for "mental illness". Szasz is a libertarian. Read this: http://libertyunbound.com/archive/2002_02/szasz-mises.html

bbachtung
10-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Any group (evangelical Christians, gun owners, Scientologists, tax protesters) that has been targeted for ridicule, prosecution, or attack will respond well to RP's arguments for freedom and a strict emphasis on the Constitution. I don't care whether you think that Elvis was the 2nd Coming or Barney the dinosaur is the devil, so long as you respect my right to my own beliefs (and support Ron Paul).

torchbearer
10-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Enjoy.

That is a great line-up actually....

BarryDonegan
10-19-2007, 02:25 PM
johnny rotten was a panel guest on that RED whatever show on foxnews.

hahah.

winston84
10-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Tom Cruise seems like a nice guy in person, but I think people were/are sick of seeing him on TV. I remember reading some survey that said Tom is the #1 most hated celebrity, but I'm sure Paris or Britney have passed him up by now.

BTW, Scientology is a sci-fi cult mafia that was founded specifically for tax-exempt business purposes, someone that makes a parallel between Christianity is not very discerning. I can't see a benefit to Tom endorsing RP either.

Eli
10-19-2007, 02:36 PM
We need some communication to all the ron paul supporters that are going to the show. We need to have a huge rally not only in the seats but outside as well. When Jay does his speal on the guests for the night everyone needs to yell so loud and so long he can't even get a chance to mention tom cruise. :)
how evil is that?

ksuguy
10-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Damn, I was hoping for first guest.