PDA

View Full Version : Hoplophobia is Curable: I Was Anti-gun, Until I Got Stalked

FrankRep
10-23-2010, 10:21 AM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories/shooter-t.001.jpg

Jennifer Willis exhibited all the symptoms of hoplophobia in explaining her return to sanity in her article in Salon magazine, “I Was Anti-gun, Until I Got Stalked.” by Bob Adelmann

Hoplophobia is Curable (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/crime/4967-hoplophobia-is-curable)

Bob Adelmann | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
Friday, 22 October 2010

xd9fan
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
You always come back to the basics.......Do you value your life??

Is it worth protecting? If it is, then who is responsible for protecting it??

If you say the police.......then even the SCOTUS disagrees with you!!

reality and responsiblity suck dont it!!

osan
10-26-2010, 04:18 PM
My cured hoplophobe story.

1980, I'm 22 and working at Princeton Ski and Skate in Manhattan as a ski mechanic. New girl named Caroline comes aboard. I SO wanted to bite her neck.... but let me not digress. She was really quite stunning and a very nice girl to boot. Intelligent, sweet disposition, all good. One day we got on the topic of firearms ownership and she was 100%++ against anyone having a gun... 'cept maybe police.

We let it go and I went on wanting to bite her neck.

Several months later, on a Monday morning she comes storming into the shop. "How do you get a gun?" I immediately knew something serious must have happened and bid her sit and calm down and explain. The day before, Sunday, at 7 AM a sick junkie came to her parents' house, where she happened to have spent the night before. He kicked the door in and started rifling through everything, looking for cash. Naturally the house woke up to find this loon wrecking the place and Caroline's father went to do something about it. The junkie beat him just enough to bring on a serious heart attack. After perhaps 20 minutes of ransacking their home, he flew out the back door and disappeared into Kisena Park. They called 911 from a neighbor's phone (junkie tore theirs out of the wall), got dad to the ER and everyone survived. In but twenty minutes of the real, she went from being staunchly opposed to firearm ownership to wanting a gun the way we want air.

Where sound reasoning fails time and again, fear of imminent death gets the job done.

Pericles
10-29-2010, 07:09 PM
"Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas."
Field Marshall Rommel

Anti Federalist
10-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Why is it always the women?

Good story, thanks.

My cured hoplophobe story.

1980, I'm 22 and working at Princeton Ski and Skate in Manhattan as a ski mechanic. New girl named Caroline comes aboard. I SO wanted to bite her neck.... but let me not digress. She was really quite stunning and a very nice girl to boot. Intelligent, sweet disposition, all good. One day we got on the topic of firearms ownership and she was 100%++ against anyone having a gun... 'cept maybe police.

We let it go and I went on wanting to bite her neck.

Several months later, on a Monday morning she comes storming into the shop. "How do you get a gun?" I immediately knew something serious must have happened and bid her sit and calm down and explain. The day before, Sunday, at 7 AM a sick junkie came to her parents' house, where she happened to have spent the night before. He kicked the door in and started rifling through everything, looking for cash. Naturally the house woke up to find this loon wrecking the place and Caroline's father went to do something about it. The junkie beat him just enough to bring on a serious heart attack. After perhaps 20 minutes of ransacking their home, he flew out the back door and disappeared into Kisena Park. They called 911 from a neighbor's phone (junkie tore theirs out of the wall), got dad to the ER and everyone survived. In but twenty minutes of the real, she went from being staunchly opposed to firearm ownership to wanting a gun the way we want air.

Where sound reasoning fails time and again, fear of imminent death gets the job done.

Pericles
11-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Why is it always the women?

Good story, thanks.

IDK, maybe the mother instinct for safety, which is somehow accomplished by "someone" removing danger, somehow never considering that the "someone" with that amount of power could be the danger.

It seems like that propensity to treat any unknown male as an expert on anything, and known males as idiots.

One of the mysteries of the universe.