PDA

View Full Version : Wake-up people-wikileaks is so CIA

teacherone
10-23-2010, 08:45 AM
so after their huge hollywood leak with the world's press in attendance all we get is a debunked death count (too low) and the claim that US soldiers didn't torture, but let other nations do the dirty work.

and now this:

Leaked reports detail Iran’s aid for Iraqi militias

But the field reports disclosed by WikiLeaks, which were never intended to be made public, underscore the seriousness with which Iran’s role has been seen by the American military. The political struggle between the United States and Iran to influence events in Iraq still continues as Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki has sought to assemble a coalition — that would include the anti-American cleric Moktada al-Sadr — that will allow him to remain in power. But much of the American’s military concern has revolved around Iran’s role in arming and assisting Shiite militias.

Iraqi militants went to Iran to be trained as snipers and in the use of explosives, the field reports assert, and Iran’s Quds Force collaborated with Iraqi extremists to encourage the assassination of Iraqi officials.
The reports make it clear that the lethal contest between Iranian-backed militias and American forces continued after President Obama sought to open a diplomatic dialogue with Iran’s leaders and reaffirmed the agreement between the United States and Iraq to withdraw American troops from Iraq by the end of 2011.

pcosmar
10-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Actually, it is just the number reported and recorded in the military records.

A number the Government repeatedly claimed that it did not have. (yet another lie)

Unreported death and injuries are not included.

:(

eOs
10-23-2010, 08:58 AM
How are news agencies choosing to report on one part of the almost 400k document evidence of wikileaks being CIA? Wouldn't you expect the news agencies to cherry pick and spin these stories? From what I've seen so far in the documents it at least shows huge U.S. military incompetence, something I don't think the CIA or anyone in the DoD appreciate because it's serving to make this war that much more unpopular.

klamath
10-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I would say no. The reports from wiki paints a real average picture of a war.

RonPaulCult
10-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Possibly.

But you know, Iran isn't exactly a perfect angel of a country. It's also possibly that they really are doing what the reports say they are doing.

And it sounds a lot more like our country that they don't tell us that directly.

2young2vote
10-23-2010, 10:55 AM
So, if the government knows that Iran is helping the Militia groups, then why didn't they go after Iran? Isn't one of the excuses they used to attack Iraq that Iraq was funding the militias that we are currently fighting? Could the next thing the military takes over be Iran?

I've just been looking at some pictures of Iran, and i have to say that Iran is going to be TOTALLY different from Iraq or Afghanistan. Although they may not be as industrialized as the USA, you can't say that they are some poor third world nation with no infrastructure. I mean, this place looks as good as most of the USA...better, even, in some parts.

fj45lvr
10-23-2010, 11:20 AM
why don't you show us from the documents leaked what you think is suspect so we can see for ourselves.

Or is the media "spin" reporting on the leak (with no actual substantiation given) the problem that raises a red flag for you???

Mini-Me
10-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Wikileaks could very well be a CIA front/asset, but this itself is not strong evidence of it. This information isn't exactly new: We've already known for a while that the CIA and the Iranian government are basically in a covert war against each other. The CIA tries to destabilize their government, and Iran undermines the US in Iraq, but neither talk openly about what their side is doing. The CIA pretends like it doesn't even exist or have any impact on the world, for its part, and the Iranian government feigns innocence on its own part. Both sides know full well what's going on though. I'm forgetting the specifics, but there was a meeting (or attempt at a meeting? Again, I forget...) a couple/few months back where someone (I think Ahmadinejad) alluded to this state of affairs. We could ask, "Who started it?" but we already know the CIA has been meddling in Iran for half a century, since before the Shah, so we already know the answer to that question.

teacherone
10-23-2010, 11:38 AM
1) assange wanders the globe like some hollywood celebrity when anyone else would have been waxed long ago.

2) the info, over-hyped by corporate owned msm usually turns out to be mundane

3) in this case the info helps the pentagon's goal of war with iran.

seems clear.

paulim
10-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I start to agree. The only way to be sure would be to interview Manning. There were absolutely no documents leaked which indicate the medium and long term policy towards the region. I don't believe that there was nothing of this kind in the package.

CJLauderdale4
10-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Better yet, it's a lot easier to slip things into Wikileaks, than burn books when the soldiers themselves report the truth. If the DIA, NSA, CIA, and DoD slip things out via Wikileaks, and blame some foreign citizen or poor soldier for the leak, then soldiers can't be bought for info, or make a killing off of making them look bad. They're going to look bad no matte what, it's just a matter of how bad and who profits.

eOs
10-23-2010, 11:46 AM
1) assange wanders the globe like some hollywood celebrity when anyone else would have been waxed long ago.

seems clear.

But none of those is an argument for him being CIA..

On point 1. I can show you numerous sources that claim him to be sleeping on park benches, dying his hair, meeting in secret, and always on the run in different european countries, this is contrary to what you claim, and it's contrary to everything I've ever read or heard on the subject.

Put 2 and 3 (and point 1) have nothing to do with whether he is CIA or not..This is all groundless speculation..

Seems very unclear...

heavenlyboy34
10-23-2010, 11:48 AM
interesting thread, thanks. :)

Mini-Me
10-23-2010, 11:56 AM

seems clear.

Point number one is inconclusive evidence: If Assange is for real, he's too high-profile to assassinate the "normal" way. If he commits suicide by tying himself to a boat anchor, shooting himself twice in the head, and falling off the side of the boat pulling the anchor with him, the strangeness of that death will not go unnoticed. If he dies in another freak plane accident, the convenience of that death will not go unnoticed. His enemies may be wary of creating a martyr, which is why they would prefer discrediting him and trying him for some crime. Importantly, even if he is or was "for real," the CIA or similar shady elements might decide to trick him into unwittingly becoming one of their own assets. That is to say, he might be real, he might be an asset, or he might be both simultaneously, without even knowing about it.

Point number two is decent evidence, if inconclusive. The CIA is heavily involved with the MSM, and you can dig up plenty of CIA director quotes that back this up. If the leaks were real and the CIA wanted them ignored by the MSM, they would be. Of course, the flip side is that they know it's still coming out on the Internet anyway, and complete omission would be another glaring indicator of the MSM's untrustworthiness. The best thing they can do is let the MSM loudly report on the most innocuous parts of the leaked documents, and/or the parts that mostly strengthen the government's case. At least in this case, that seems like exactly what they're doing, which addresses your third point.

The long and short of it is, we simply don't know, one way or another. All we can do is continue watching what Wikileaks puts out. You will know them by their fruits and all, and right now they're a mixed bag. I wouldn't suggest that whistleblowers go through Wikileaks though, because the risk is too high.

teacherone
10-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Better yet, it's a lot easier to slip things into Wikileaks, than burn books when the soldiers themselves report the truth. If the DIA, NSA, CIA, and DoD slip things out via Wikileaks, and blame some foreign citizen or poor soldier for the leak, then soldiers can't be bought for info, or make a killing off of making them look bad. They're going to look bad no matte what, it's just a matter of how bad and who profits.

exactly...i see a number of scenarios in order of believability:

1) he's an unwitting patsy and releases what his "moles" give him
2) he's on the payroll and knowingly releases disinfo
3) he's the real deal.

if you believe 3 then you believe that all the US military agencies can't stop one man from collecting hundreds of thousands of documents and publishing them.

that the MSM actually is a non-biased source of information and does public service.

pcosmar
10-23-2010, 12:16 PM
The number one tool used is Character Assassination.

We just watched that in another thread here.
It was used against Ron Paul.

It is the firs tactic in the tool book.

Ignore the issue and focus on the character of the individual.

teacherone
10-23-2010, 12:22 PM
The number one tool used is Character Assassination.

We just watched that in another thread here.
It was used against Ron Paul.

It is the firs tactic in the tool book.

Ignore the issue and focus on the character of the individual.

uh...ok

please point out where any individual's character was focused upon?

do you believe that the US intelligence agencies can't stop one man from obtaining hundreds of thousands of classified documents?

do you believe they would not disappear someone who could?

do you believe the MSM doesn't over-hype stories that benefit its masters?

Promontorium
10-23-2010, 12:28 PM
When South Park did an episode where we find out 9/11 truther conspiracy theories were perpetuated by the government to scare stupid people, it made a witty criticism of conspiracy theories in general.

But of course never to be outdone...

You (insert noun expressing a negative assessment of your intelligence) have managed to up it further. "THE CONSPIRACY IS A CONSPIRACY!" You have crossed the threshold of even irrational disbelief, into pure impossible fantasy. Up is down, and up, and if up says it's down, it's up, but it's still down.

Just jump off the side of the world please. You have abused your privilige to form sentences for too long.

teacherone
10-23-2010, 12:50 PM
ok promo--

you have a try.

start up a site and announce you'll gladly publish to the world classified intelligence documents.

sit back and watch them pour into your lap, from the most unlikely sources.

you too can become a worldwide celebrity and travel the world performing document dumps en mass.

no need to fear for your life-- perfectly safe business to be in.

go for it i say!

When South Park did an episode where we find out 9/11 truther conspiracy theories were perpetuated by the government to scare stupid people, it made a witty criticism of conspiracy theories in general.

But of course never to be outdone...

You (insert noun expressing a negative assessment of your intelligence) have managed to up it further. "THE CONSPIRACY IS A CONSPIRACY!" You have crossed the threshold of even irrational disbelief, into pure impossible fantasy. Up is down, and up, and if up says it's down, it's up, but it's still down.

Just jump off the side of the world please. You have abused your privilige to form sentences for too long.

Fredom101
10-23-2010, 12:52 PM

To off Assange would be too obvious. Either he is just the figurehead, or there is no CIA connection.

Maybe, still not seeing how this proves or is evidence of the CIA connection.

teacherone
10-23-2010, 01:06 PM
To off Assange would be too obvious. Either he is just the figurehead, or there is no CIA connection.

corporate msm media MADE him a celebrity. he was an absolutely NOBODY before wikileaks.

they could have waxed him long ago when we was just a no name hacker college student.

IPSecure
10-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Bill Kristol stated on Freedom Watch, that he has friends who are very familiar with the 15,000 Wikileaks documents which have not been released yet.

How is this possible?

How would his friends know what documents Wikileaks may have?

Freedom Watch: (08/09/10)

Cannot find the video from 8/9/10, was removed for copyright violation. Cannot find the video on the Fox site either...

Mini-Me
10-23-2010, 01:30 PM
corporate msm media MADE him a celebrity. he was an absolutely NOBODY before wikileaks.

they could have waxed him long ago when we was just a no name hacker college student.

Yes, and they could have waxed Ron Paul before 2007, too. ;) The problem was, they didn't realize he was a threat until after their opportunity had passed. The same could be said here. Wikileaks has been around for a few years, much longer than the MSM has reported on it. By the time the government would have realized Assange was a threat, he was already too high profile - on the Internet, that is - for it to be the best idea in the world. If I recall correctly, Julian Assange's name was not even [openly] associated with Wikileaks at all until relatively recently.

Thrashertm
10-23-2010, 01:30 PM
The media's infatuation with Assange is purely a result of the media's infantile tendency towards celebrity and petty bullshit.

teacherone
10-23-2010, 01:54 PM
lol

please mr assange...don't publish these terribly damaging documents!

Chemical Weapons Were Found In Iraq

23 OCT 2010 12:23 PM

Shachtman analyzes the Wikileaks trove. There's no evidence, however, that they were part of any ongoing program as claimed by the Bush administration:

Remnants of Saddam’s toxic arsenal, largely destroyed after the Gulf War, remained. Jihadists, insurgents and foreign (possibly Iranian) agitators turned to these stockpiles during the Iraq conflict — and may have brewed up their own deadly agents...

In August 2004, for instance, American forces surreptitiously purchased what they believed to be containers of liquid sulfur mustard, a toxic “blister agent” used as a chemical weapon since World War I. The troops tested the liquid, and “reported two positive results for blister.” The chemical was then “triple-sealed and transported to a secure site” outside their base...

Even late in the war, WMDs were still being unearthed. In the summer of 2008, according to one WikiLeaked report, American troops found at least 10 rounds that tested positive for chemical agents. “These rounds were most likely left over from the [Saddam]-era regime. Based on location, these rounds may be an AQI [Al Qaeda in Iraq] cache. However, the rounds were all total disrepair and did not appear to have been moved for a long time.”
The WMD diehards will likely find some comfort in these newly-WikiLeaked documents. Skeptics will note that these relatively small WMD stockpiles were hardly the kind of grave danger that the Bush administration presented in the run-up to the war.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/10/chemical-weapons-were-found-in-iraq.html

pcosmar
10-23-2010, 02:14 PM
lol

:confused:
Of course there are old chemical weapons. Mostly buried and deteriorating,,left over from the Chemicals provided by the US years earlier
Not from any "weapons program" as was claimed. Certainly not what anyone with intelligence would call a "stockpile".

What these documents show,,like the last ones released, Is the total failure of being there.

teacherone
10-23-2010, 02:16 PM
:confused:
Of course there are old chemical weapons. Mostly buried and deteriorating,,left over from the Chemicals provided by the US years earlier
Not from any "weapons program" as was claimed. Certainly not what anyone with intelligence would call a "stockpile".

What these documents show,,like the last ones released, Is the total failure of being there.

mark my words pete-- within the week you will here talking heads all over the republicsphere blithering about how we went to war on just causes and sadaam had chemical weapons and even wikileaks agrees with us...

on to attack iran...yeeahhhawww.

pcosmar
10-23-2010, 02:28 PM
on to attack iran...yeeahhhawww.

You know some days I hope they will do that. That would put an end to this foolishness.
Iran would sink the entire fleet in the area and close the Straits.
It would be over in a matter af hours.
It would destroy what is left of our economy.
A good thing all in all.

dannno
10-23-2010, 02:35 PM
All I know is that i've been watching fox news a lot for the last 24 hours and they CANNNOT shut up about this stuff..

First they say it is a bunch of propaganda, then they say there is nothing in there of interest, then they talk about how the documents show that Iran is in fact much worse than we thought. I don't know why average fox news viewers don't have a problem with this line of logic.

I tend to agree with the OP.

Humanae Libertas
10-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is ‘annoyed’ by 9/11 truth (http://www.infowars.com/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-is-annoyed-by-911-truth/)

In this interview, Belfast Telegraph reporter Matthew Bell asks Wikileaks founder Julian Assange about “conspiracy theories”. Assange subsequently explains his position.

His obsession with secrecy, both in others and maintaining his own, lends him the air of a conspiracy theorist. Is he one? “I believe in facts about conspiracies,” he says, choosing his words slowly. “Any time people with power plan in secret, they are conducting a conspiracy. So there are conspiracies everywhere. There are also crazed conspiracy theories. It’s important not to confuse these two. Generally, when there’s enough facts about a conspiracy we simply call this news.” What about 9/11? “I’m constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud.” What about the Bilderberg conference? “That is vaguely conspiratorial, in a networking sense. We have published their meeting notes.”

Mr. Assange seems to have conveniently forgotten that 9/11 may be, in a very concrete sense, a ‘conspiracy for war’, leading directly to the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and the permanent “War on Terror”.

CIA for sure.

libertybrewcity
10-23-2010, 03:45 PM
there are 392k documents. Give them at least 24 hours to look through..

PatriotOne
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
MK Ultra alert for Julian Assange. Big ass red flag:

In 1979, his mother remarried to a musician who belonged to a cult led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange

The Santiniketan Park Association, also known as The Family and The Great White Brotherhood, is a controversial New Age group formed in Australia under the leadership of the Yoga teacher Anne Hamilton-Byrne.

During the late 1960s and 1970s Newhaven Hospital in Kew was a private psychiatric hospital owned and managed by Marion Villimek, a Santiniketan member; many of its staff and attending psychiatrists were also members.[4][5][6]

Many patients at Newhaven were treated with the hallucinogenic drug LSD.[7] The hospital was used to recruit potential new members from among the patients, and also to administer LSD to members under the direction of the Santiniketan psychiatrists Dr John Mackay and Dr Howard Whitaker.[8] One of the original members of the Association was given LSD, electroconvulsive therapy and two leucotomies during the late 1960s.[9]

Although the psychiatric hospital had been closed down by 1992, in that year a new inquest was ordered into the death of a Newhaven patient in 1975 after new claims that his death had been due to deep sleep therapy. The inquest heard evidence concerning the use of electroconvulsive therapy, LSD and other practices at Newhaven but found no evidence that deep sleep had been used on this patient.[10]

Kia Lama
Anne Hamilton-Byrne acquired fourteen infants and young children between about 1968 and 1975. Some were the natural children of Santiniketan members, others had been obtained through irregular adoptions arranged by lawyers, doctors and social workers within the group who could bypass the normal processes. The children’s identities were changed using false birth certificates or deed poll, all being given the surname 'Hamilton-Byrne' and dressed alike even to the extent of their hair being dyed uniformly blonde.[11]

The children were kept in seclusion and home-schooled at Kia Lama, a rural property usually referred to as "Uptop", at Taylor Bay on Lake Eildon near the town of Eildon, Victoria. They were taught that Anne Hamilton-Byrne was their biological mother, and knew the other adults in the group as 'aunties' and 'uncles'.[4] They were denied almost all access to the outside world, and subjected to a discipline that included frequent corporal punishment and starvation diets.[12]

The children were frequently dosed with the psychiatric drugs Anatensol, Diazepam, Haloperidol, Largactil, Mogadon, Serepax, Stelazine, Tegretol or Tofranil.[4] On reaching adolescence they were compelled to undergo an initiation involving LSD: while under the influence of the drug the child would be left in a dark room, alone apart from visits by Hamilton-Byrne or one of the psychiatrists from the group

Sarah Hamilton-Byrne memoir
A few children managed to escape. One adoptive daughter, Sarah Hamilton-Byrne, later wrote a book, Unseen Unheard Unknown, in which she claimed, among other things, that children were stolen.[14] She claimed that her biological mother had come to get rid of a baby and that members of the medical establishment in Melbourne and Geelong took part in a process where women were told that their babies had died at birth, when they had actually been taken away and eventually passed on to Anne Hamilton-Byrne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiniketan_Park_Association

Mini-Me
10-23-2010, 04:24 PM
MK Ultra alert for Julian Assange. Big ass red flag:

In 1979, his mother remarried to a musician who belonged to a cult led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange

This is definitely concerning, even if the child "acquisitions"/abductions occurred between 1968 and 1975 (four years before his mother's marriage). I'm not sure if the dyed blond hair is a coincidence or not, but we all know about Assange's white hair issues.

PatriotOne
10-23-2010, 04:37 PM
This is definitely concerning, even if the child "acquisitions"/abductions occurred between 1968 and 1975 (four years before his mother's marriage). I'm not sure if the dyed blond hair is a coincidence or not, but we all know about Assange's white hair issues.

It's probably fair to assume that since his parents actually belonged to the cult he wouldn't have been one of the abducted children...but part of the program none-the-less.

PatriotOne
10-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Hmmmm....getting even more interesting..........

http://www.thedailymaverick.co.za/article/2010-07-27-the-remarkable-life-of-julian-assange-founder-of-wikileaks

When Julian was eight, his mother left his father and shacked up with a volatile musician, who soon became abusive. Fearing that the man would sue for custody of Julian’s much younger half-brother, she and her boys went on the run. They remained in hiding for five years, convinced that the musician belonged to a powerful cult with moles in government.

klamath
10-23-2010, 04:52 PM
lol

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/10/chemical-weapons-were-found-in-iraq.html

Sorry but I read this in 2004 and a lot of republican tried to use this as the WMDs were found. It didn't stick just because they were obviously remnants that got missed when saddamn's main stockpiles were destroyed 10 years earlier.