PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo within 1 point in Colorado

Brett85
10-22-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.magellanstrategies.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Magellan-Colorado-Governor-Survey-Release-1022101.pdf

Brian4Liberty
10-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't that be something, a Constitution Party governor. Has the Constitution Party ever had anyone in office?

ItsTime
10-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Wow, I dont like him, but wont it be something?

FSP-Rebel
10-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Wouldn't that be something, a Constitution Party governor. Has the Constitution Party ever had anyone in office?
It would be. I think they have a state rep in MT or something, maybe even UT.

specsaregood
10-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Yes, but minor stuff. I just hope the republican candidate fails to get the necessary 10% for ballot placement. That would be awesome.

AGRP
10-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Don't be too optimistic.

Forget about it until they tally the results on election day :)

AJ Antimony
10-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Tancredo is a Republican.

FrankRep
10-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Tancredo is a Republican.

Tancredo is running for the Constitution Party.

Aratus
10-22-2010, 02:57 PM
FrankRep is correct! if Mr. Tancredo wins, its totally due to HIS OWN moxie and momentum!
picture how the colorado GOP looks on November 3rd! likewise if mr. john dennis unseats
ms. nancy pelosi, i want to get a copy of the front page of the WASHINGTON POST a.s.a.p!

LibertyBrews
10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Maes need to drop out, he's the only thing stopping Tancredo from winning. I want to see Tancredo win only to annoy the two-party system cheerleaders.

libertybrewcity
10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
This would be awesome! We need a conservative in Colorado.

Fozz
10-22-2010, 04:07 PM
What are CP members called, a "Constitutionalist" or a "Constitutioner" or something else?

sratiug
10-22-2010, 04:09 PM
What are CP members called, a Constitutionalist" or a "Constitutioner" or something else?

Terrorists.

Imperial
10-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Sorry, mispost. This was supposed to be its own thread....

Maximus
10-22-2010, 04:23 PM
This is huge, a Tancredo win would be great... anything to piss off the two parties

RonPaulFanInGA
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM

The Libertarians could have had a Senator if they had let Murkowski use their ballot line in Alaska.

Flash
10-22-2010, 04:39 PM
The Libertarians could have had a Senator if they had let Murkowski use their ballot line in Alaska.

Yeah but what's the point of winning if it's a Bob Barr-type of politican. I like Joe Miller the Tea Party candidate.

Brett85
10-22-2010, 04:47 PM

That would be stupid when Joe Miller is by far the most libertarian candidate in the race and could almost pass for being a Libertarian candidate himself.

Brian4Liberty
10-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Maes need to drop out, he's the only thing stopping Tancredo from winning. I want to see Tancredo win only to annoy the two-party system cheerleaders.

He really can't drop out. Loss of face, GOP establishment, all of that stuff. He should hint to the voters that he isn't running anymore. He needs an out where he and the GOP establishment can save face.

Brian4Liberty
10-22-2010, 10:20 PM

Murkowski needs to be the first candidate for a new neo-conservative-RINO Party...NCR, the new Party.

Liberty_Mike
10-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Would like to see Tancredo win just to shake up the two party system! Other than that, he's just the same old Republican he used to be, just under a different name.

cindy25
10-22-2010, 11:34 PM
is Tancredo a conservative or a fascist?

Flirple
10-22-2010, 11:41 PM

Yes

libertybrewcity
10-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes

I don't think that was a yes or no question..

Brian4Liberty
10-23-2010, 12:09 PM

He might be a paleo-conservative. Like Pat Buchanan before Pat became anti-war.

Fozz
10-23-2010, 12:30 PM

Tancredo is not a paleoconservative, he is a neoconservative.

Paleoconservatives are skeptical of interventionist wars, while Tancredo gladly supported Bush's wars and proposed nuking Mecca and Medina.

Fozz
10-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Pat Buchanan is still a paleoconservative.

Monarchist
10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Paleoconservatives are skeptical of interventionist wars, while Tancredo gladly supported Bush's wars and proposed nuking Mecca and Medina.

There's more to it than that.

FrankRep
10-23-2010, 12:34 PM

Tancredo is not a Neoconservative.

Do your homework:

Defining Terms: What is a Neoconservative (Neocon)?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=257106

Brett85
10-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Tancredo is generally regarded by the media as a paleo conservative. Although he's more hawkish than Buchanan, he leans towards supporting a non interventionalist foreign policy. It's also been explained to you that he mentioned bombing Mecca as a respone to a nuclear attack carried out by terrorists on our soil. Also, why do you call Tancredo an interventionalist when you were arguing the other day in favor of foreign military bases?

Fozz
10-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Tancredo is generally regarded by the media as a paleo conservative. Although he's more hawkish than Buchanan, he leans towards supporting a non interventionalist foreign policy. It's also been explained to you that he mentioned bombing Mecca as a respone to a nuclear attack carried out by terrorists on our soil.

If "non-interventionalist" meant nuking the Middle East, then I might believe you.

Tancredo strikes me as someone who would shut down every mosque in his state. That's what neocons would do on a local/state level. Matt Collins has a pretty long thread about the proposed Murfreesboro mosque.

Fozz
10-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Tancredo is only "paleoconservative" on immigration.

TruckinMike
10-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Tancredo is a far-sighted Constitutionalist. And he has much more reverence for the document than the average GOP lacky. He's not perfect, or near perfect, but he is a hell of a lot better than most GOP'ers.

Go Tancredo - The second tier, non-establishment candidate!!

TMike

Brian4Liberty
10-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Are neo-conservatives generally in the Constitution Party? Aren't most neo-conservatives for open borders?

Just saw that, so you're saying he's not a neo-conservative on borders...

Brian4Liberty
10-23-2010, 03:25 PM
If "non-interventionalist" meant nuking the Middle East, then I might believe you.

Did Tancredo say "nuke" or "bomb"? Minor distinction, but very prejudicial. Got a Tube?

YouTube - LBJ Daisy ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWAhuXtalw)

FrankRep
10-23-2010, 03:34 PM

Did Tancredo say "nuke" or "bomb"? Minor distinction, but very prejudicial. Got a Tube?

Fozz is lying. This is what Tancredo actually said.

Tom Tancredo: If They Nuke Us, Bomb Mecca (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162795,00.html)

Associated Press
July 18, 2005

A Colorado congressman told a radio show host that the U.S. could "take out" Islamic holy sites if Muslim fundamentalist terrorists attacked the country with nuclear weapons.

Talk show host Pat Campbell asked the Littleton Republican how the country should respond if terrorists struck several U.S. cities with nuclear weapons.

"Well, what if you said something like — if this happens in the United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you know, you could take out their holy sites," Tancredo answered.

"You're talking about bombing Mecca," Campbell said.

"Yeah," Tancredo responded.

The congressman later said he was "just throwing out some ideas" and that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

Southron
10-23-2010, 03:39 PM
I doubt he'll be bombing anyone as the governor of Colorado.

Brian4Liberty
10-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Fozz is lying. This is what Tancredo actually said.

Yeah, hypothetical question, answer twisted by the media.

Any other candidate from the major Parties could have said that, and it wouldn't even be "news-worthy". The media doesn't like Tancredo for his stance on borders and immigration, so they will smear him any way they can. In reality they probably like that he would bomb a country in retaliation for a terrorist attack. On that issue, he probably isn't extreme enough for them.

Fozz
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
I doubt he'll be bombing anyone as the governor of Colorado.

If he can't do that, then I expect him to shut down every mosque in his state. He is a psycho.

low preference guy
10-23-2010, 04:38 PM
If he can't do that, then I expect him to shut down every mosque in his state. He is a psycho.

would you quit the forum and thus stop posting non-sense if Tancredo is elected and doesn't shut down even one mosque?

Brett85
10-23-2010, 04:41 PM

He supports American sovereignty, opposes heavily managed free trade deals, and opposes nation building overseas. He's much more of a paleo conservative than a neoconservative.

FrankRep
10-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Another nonsense attack on Tancredo from Fozz based on absolutely no factual information.

Fozz
10-23-2010, 04:45 PM
would you quit the forum and thus stop posting non-sense if Tancredo is elected and doesn't shut down even one mosque?

Back in 2008, Tancredo introduced a bill called the "Jihad Prevention Act", which not only bans immigration for anyone who advocates Sharia law, but deports any Muslim who already lives in the US that advocates it.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2008/09/tancredo-introduces-anti-sharia-jihad-prevention-act.html

I do not believe that the US should have Sharia law, but to strip anyone of citizenship for advocating it is quite tyrannical.

low preference guy
10-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Back in 2008, Tancredo introduced a bill called the "Jihad Prevention Act", which not only bans immigration for anyone who advocates Sharia law, but deports any Muslim who already lives in the US that advocates it.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2008/09/tancredo-introduces-anti-sharia-jihad-prevention-act.html

I do not believe that the US should have Sharia law, but to strip anyone of citizenship for advocating it is quite tyrannical.

that wasn't my question.

Lord Xar
10-23-2010, 06:00 PM
I like Tancredo. He has some flaws, but who doesn't. I think he has potential to "see the light" and I would back him.

libertythor
10-23-2010, 06:00 PM
I would vote for him just to help the CO Neocon Republicans earn their minor party status. I don't agree with him on everything, but this is a great opportunity to teach the Gingriches and Palins a lesson!

libertythor
10-23-2010, 06:02 PM

I would support this. If a person hasn't been to the US, they don't have a right to immigrate. Also, this can apply to non-citizen Muslims.

Of course Muslims who are citizens shouldn't be affected.

FSP-Rebel
10-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Tancredo had a decent interview with Mark Levin tonight and has received the support of him and his audience. Many of you don't like the Levin, but I do. I gave to him, go on ahead.

Aratus
10-24-2010, 09:53 AM
has there been a new poll, yet?
a NEW jawdropper poll for the RNC?