PDA

View Full Version : Money Saving campaing idea

Schifference
10-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I think that candidates need to identify their ardent supporters. Maybe they should not mail literature to anyone that contributes. Why waste money on printing and mailing?

malkusm
10-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah I agree with this -- I got a lot of mailers from Schiff during his campaign, and I get a lot from Rand now. Problem is, I know everything in the mailer 3 days before I get it, and I've already donated if I'm going to donate. Their mailers to me were pretty much a waste of money.

The million dollar question (literally?) is: How do you go about implementing this?

gls
10-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Direct mail to previous contributors is an extremely cost-effective fundraising tactic. The net gains far outweigh the costs. That's why almost every campaign does it.

Schifference
10-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Maybe you can specifically choose to opt out of future mailings when your donation is made. If I go to a church and they send a messenger in the mail or I can choose to get it online why would I want the organization which I support to incur unnecessary expenses?

JamesButabi
10-22-2010, 02:10 PM
I agree, I get tons of mailers from both Pauls and Schiff. I barely read them as its already old news to me when I see it. I donate online.

AJ Antimony
10-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Um, as another user pointed out, sending mailers to people who have already donated is by the far the most effective way to raise future funds.

High dollar donors needs to be pampered and catered to, so that they will donate again.

Think about it. I don't want to donate $5000 to a campaign just to never hear from them again. And on the flip side, if I receive a mailer from some Democratic candidate, I'm not going to magically want to donate to his campaign just like that. Mailers are used primarily to get more money from past donors and to try and woo potential/likely supporters. Do you really ever see conservative Republicans for example sending out mailers to the most liberal communities?