PDA

View Full Version : Help us fly a RON PAUL banner over HUGE Anti-War rally in Chicago on 10/27!

Mat963
10-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Message from my fellow Chicago meetUP member:
"I'm raising $1000 to fly the following message at the Anti-War Rally in Chicago on 10/27, and I need your help!

"END THE WAR NOW! RON PAUL 4 PRESIDENT"

I'm asking for 50 people to contribute $20 (or whatever gets us to the goal). The owners of the banner towing company are now big supporters, and this is a big discount - many thanks to Air Signs and Banners!

Please click on the "ChipIn!" button to donate! Thanks, and Go Ron Paul!"

Link to the initiative:
http://ronpaulchicagomeetupaerialadfund.chipin.com/ron-paul-chicago-anti-war-rally-aerial-banner

Help us fly a RON PAUL for president banner at one of the largest Anti-War rallies in the UNITED STATES!!

Here's the official website for the event:
http://www.oct27chicago.org/

Hundreds of thousands are expected to be there from all over the country, including a large number of Ron Paul supporters from the Greater Chicago meetUP Group (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/).

This is a magnificent opportunity for us to advertise Ron Paul's message to thousands upon thousands of receptive individuals all in a single day. Any help in this endeavor is greatly appreciated.

mavtek
10-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Will donate tomorrow, bumping you for now. I have to wait until I get paid.

DjLoTi
10-19-2007, 12:21 AM
this is a worthy cause, Ron Paul is happening big in Chicago...

JoshLowry
10-19-2007, 12:25 AM
This guy is a brand new member.

Careful with your money, folks.

Got anyone to vouch for you Mat963?

brumans
10-19-2007, 12:28 AM
It's legit. Here's the message from the chicago meet-up group:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3685387

DjLoTi
10-19-2007, 12:28 AM
///

JoshLowry
10-19-2007, 12:29 AM
His IP address is from Chicago as well.

The more transparency the better. Just a fair warning. ;)

G-khan
10-19-2007, 12:31 AM
I think this is a great cause and I chipped in only 10 as that was more than I could afford, Ron Paul is making me poor and I only see it getting worse..

I like it that a meetup group will be there and passing out stuff this group is perfect for the Ron Paul message. I think good results will come from this..

Nefertiti
10-19-2007, 01:44 AM
I'm a member of the Chicago Meetup and I can tell you this is legit. There was supposed to be a flyover for the marathon and that turned out to be a disaster because the pilot was late. This time the company sending the plane is owned by a Ron Paul supporter and they are doing it at cost without taking any profit.

Mat963
10-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Bump - let's get this going!!

Thanks, everyone :)

bmcosti
10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I am the Organizer for the Chicago group and made my donation, these guys are legit, and should be much better for our purposes of the Anti-War March that is going on this day.

Bruehound
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
very legit..thanks everyone and oh
....bump!

TechnoGuyRob
10-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Bump!!!!

JenHarris
10-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Put in $50. Are the Chicago meetups going to the rally as well? Couple of us were talking about driving up from Bloomington/Normal

Mat963
10-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Put in $50. Are the Chicago meetups going to the rally as well? Couple of us were talking about driving up from Bloomington/Normal
We sure are - here's the meetUP link for the event:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/calendar/6504016/

Mat963
10-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Liberty bump.

foofighter20x
10-19-2007, 05:13 PM
A few questions:

1. Where exactly in Chicago is his rally?
2. How big are the buildings in the surrounding area?
3. What are the local aviation restrictions of flying over such an area?
4. Will the small aircraft be allowed into those restricted areas, assuming that the rally is in one and that area is off-limits to all aircraft?

Mat963
10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Message from the organizer:

"WOW, this is incredible!!! In one day, we collected enough to fly the banner at the Chicago Anti-war Rally, and $254 more! I turned away for a couple of hours, and it everyone came through! Many, many thanks to all contributors!!!!!!!

For those who contributed last, I have a question: I'm going to start another ChipIn in the next day or so for an enormous banner, probably 30'x80', to be flown in the Chicago area and maybe even farther away. The banner towing company, Air Signs and Banners in Racine, WI is generously going to cover 50% of the cost. I'm still waiting for a final price, but I'm guessing our portion will be around $1300. If anyone who contributed to this ChipIn wants a refund, please email me (email should be on your receipt). Otherwise, I'm going to apply the excess to the price of the flying billboard. There won't be time to fly this sign at the rally, but it will be available for all subsequent flights. I'll start the new ChipIn when I know the final price.

Thanks again to all contributors. Let the Banner Fly and Freedom Ring, and GO RON PAUL!!

"Taildragger" Dan"

TaildraggerDan
10-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi, everyone,

I've been trying to post a "thank you" reply to this thread in person for two days, but every time I tried I got a message that said I wasn't allowed to do so.

Many, many thanks to all who contributed to this project! I'm still overwhelmed by how quickly we reached the goal!

If anyone with a digital video camera is going to be at the Chicago Anti-war Rally next week, could you please shoot a little footage of the banner? I think that would look great on Youtube.

I should know the cost of the huge flying billboard I'm having made sometime tomorrow. I plan to start a new Chipin when I do.

Thanks again!!

Taildragger Dan
Member, Greater Chicago Ron Paul Meetup Group

Bruehound
10-21-2007, 09:09 AM
A huge thanks to Dan for all the leadership on this project! Can't wait to see it in the air.

Scott B.

Man from La Mancha
10-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi, everyone,

I've been trying to post a "thank you" reply to this thread in person for two days, but every time I tried I got a message that said I wasn't allowed to do so.

Many, many thanks to all who contributed to this project! I'm still overwhelmed by how quickly we reached the goal!

If anyone with a digital video camera is going to be at the Chicago Anti-war Rally next week, could you please shoot a little footage of the banner? I think that would look great on Youtube.

I should know the cost of the huge flying billboard I'm having made sometime tomorrow. I plan to start a new Chipin when I do.

Thanks again!!

Taildragger Dan
Member, Greater Chicago Ron Paul Meetup GroupWow you sound like a pilot, do you have your own plane? As a pilot but no plane do you think there is a way to organize pilots with planes to form a Ron Paul group or web site?

freelance
10-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Wow you sound like a pilot, do you have your own plane? As a pilot but no plane do you think there is a way to organize pilots with planes to form a Ron Paul group or web site?.

That is a great idea. Why not start a thread so the idea doesn't get lost?

TaildraggerDan
10-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Yes, I'm a pilot. In fact, I used to be a banner tow pilot. In further fact, the company I've hired to fly the banner wants to hire me to fly banners again, so hopefully I'll be donating my time in the air as well in the next few months (I'm long out of practice and not current to fly signs). I really can't wait to fly that monster billboard we're having made!

As for organizing other pilots, I'll have to think about that. If you're thinking of having them all fly banners, that's unlikely - the planes themselves need special modifications and certification, as well as the pilots (well, only mental modifications for the pilots - like a lobotomy).

TD