PDA

View Full Version : Want Alex Merced to Run for Office?

AlexMerced
10-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, I'm getting a lot of the ground work done, and part of that is communications network

I have certain number in my head, and when I hit that many subscribers to VOTEmerced.com I will run for office so check out the site and read some of my thoughts.

If you don't want to subscribe to VoteMerced at least subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/alexmerced

YouTube - The Stupidity and Genius of the Stimulus and Recovery Act (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGgTBiRj4g)

low preference guy
10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
yes, please

james1906
10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm going to petition the Judge not only to get you on Freedom Watch, but to have you host it!

low preference guy
10-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm going to petition the Judge not only to get you on Freedom Watch, but to have you host it!

host it from Alex Merced from alexmerced.com's room!

Vessol
10-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Subscribed!

Kotin
10-21-2010, 09:48 PM
do it!!!!

Sentient Void
10-21-2010, 09:51 PM
The more liberty candidates the merrier!

Hell, *especially* in those districts where there are incumbent congressmen running unopposed.

Dreamofunity
10-21-2010, 10:21 PM
With the amount of videos you have, you are bound to have said something that makes you "unelectable" although I wish you the best.

AlexMerced
10-22-2010, 05:21 AM
With the amount of videos you have, you are bound to have said something that makes you "unelectable" although I wish you the best.

Trust me, in my videos I've made comments about the civil war, the civil rights act, and Social Justice that are sure to guarantee some grilling, the only thing is I already expect and am prepared for how to respond to such a thing, especially after watching Ron and Rands responses to similar situations.

Other than that most of my videos would seem fairly esoteric to most people and only really piss off staunch keynesian who hate logic.

SO yeah, I probably wouldn't be going on the Maddow or O' Donnel shows anytime soon.

oyarde
10-22-2010, 05:21 PM
host it from Alex Merced from alexmerced.com's room!

Excellent , would Alex clean his room first ?:D

oyarde
10-22-2010, 05:22 PM
And , yes Alex I think you should .

BenIsForRon
10-22-2010, 05:26 PM
No. Alex Merced refers to himself in the third person. That freaks me out.

djdellisanti4
10-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Which office? Mayor, city council, state legislature?

libertybrewcity
10-22-2010, 07:07 PM
President?

haaaylee
10-22-2010, 08:17 PM

Yes. Is Alex Merced the new Matt Collins?

AlexMerced
10-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, I'm not running for president till 2024 (there's a group for it), probably city council or state legislator

ibaghdadi
10-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Well, I'm not running for president till 2024 (there's a group for it)
I see a problem with narrow goals. A big problem.

Alex, what's your mission? That is, why do you want to run for office/become president?

Can you summarize it in a single sentence?

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-23-2010, 12:58 AM
This is just my unofficial unqualified opinion, but I think we need more entreprenuers/educators in the movement and less who want political office. Just me. You are free to pursue your goals, but I think you would do better trying to further your economic standing.

JoshLowry
10-23-2010, 02:12 AM
I think you'd be great! I need to read your issues page first though. Are you starting with a state seat first?

You're an online marketer, that's for sure...

But how do we reallly know this isn't one big marketing stunt so that you can sell an ebook once you get into the White House? ;)

james1906
10-23-2010, 06:55 AM
Alex, is the rent too damn high?

Kludge
10-23-2010, 07:10 AM

Maybe SNL will make a skit of Merced some day.

"Alex Merced wants to lower your taxes. Alex Merced wants you to be free to worship whoever you want, especially him - errr - me."

I say you should start making bids for the House immediately - build up name recognition. Become a perennial candidate until you're old enough to run for president. Think of all those people who know Alan Keyes' name. Soon, they'll know Alex Merced, too. Your picture will probably be distributed widely on the Internet with a funny caption.

That said, I still favor Lol Matts over Lol... Alexs.

Bruno
10-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Alex, you may want to consider using something besides your bathroom shower as your backdrop.

AlexMerced
10-23-2010, 07:39 AM
I think you'd be great! I need to read your issues page first though. Are you starting with a state seat first?

You're an online marketer, that's for sure...

But how do we reallly know this isn't one big marketing stunt so that you can sell an ebook once you get into the White House? ;)

Well, I'm not really a marketer Professionally Anymore, I actually work as an educator in the finance industry so I meet a lot of people.

VoteMerced.com has an issues page you can read.

Nah, I'm legit, you can watch my videos going back to to 2008 and watch how my opinions, knowledge and conviction have evolved. I think many on this board have really gotten the chance to see me develop those things little by little over the years.

AlexMerced
10-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Alex, is the rent too damn high?

The rent is too damn high, but instead further price controls we should have less price controls, then the rent will be too damn reasonable

AlexMerced
10-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Maybe SNL will make a skit of Merced some day.

"Alex Merced wants to lower your taxes. Alex Merced wants you to be free to worship whoever you want, especially him - errr - me."

I say you should start making bids for the House immediately - build up name recognition. Become a perennial candidate until you're old enough to run for president. Think of all those people who know Alan Keyes' name. Soon, they'll know Alex Merced, too. Your picture will probably be distributed widely on the Internet with a funny caption.

That said, I still favor Lol Matts over Lol... Alexs.

that would be hilarious, although I don't want to be an alan keyes, I'm willing to run once I know I got the audience to do so cause I mainly want to run to educate similar to pauls 2008 campaign, although if I win that'd be cool too.

You just get access to a lot of visibility on the campaign trail you don't get in other platforms.

AlexMerced
10-23-2010, 07:44 AM
I see a problem with narrow goals. A big problem.

Alex, what's your mission? That is, why do you want to run for office/become president?

Can you summarize it in a single sentence?

I want to run to help evolve the debate into one that will deal with political problems instead of the problems effects, and also for the visibility educate on sound economics.

Acala
10-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Run for state office so you can support nullification. We are never going to turn the federal government around from inside the federal government. We must swarm it from the outside.

Jeremy
10-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Don't bother.

aravoth
10-23-2010, 11:43 AM
You should run Alex, you're a smart guy, and persistent in your opinions. Even if you didn't win an election it'd be a great learning experience for you.

Do you have any experience in debating?

AlexMerced
10-23-2010, 02:14 PM
You should run Alex, you're a smart guy, and persistent in your opinions. Even if you didn't win an election it'd be a great learning experience for you.

Do you have any experience in debating?

Formally no, but training people at all the top financial firms, sometimes CEOs and CFOs, I've gotten a chance to debate some pretty smart guys and I usually come out on top

Usally just ends with the other side lacking a counter and just saying "well, your just idealistic"

ItsTime
10-23-2010, 02:18 PM
What office?

AlexMerced
10-23-2010, 02:21 PM
What office?

A particular one hasn't been chosen yet, it'll probably be a state office but like I said first I must hit a certain number of subscribers to votemerced.com since it'll be the center of campaign communication I want to go in already having a decent national communications network keep me in the game.

I am working on building my local notoriety through my classes, videos, articles, and socializing mainly focusing on converting people then neccessarily preaching to the choir.

So getting on the votemerced.com list is a vote for me to run for office, so tell all your friends, and plus thoughts on the articles and videos I've already put out there would be great but I understand all the concerns about the settings of photos and videos I'm mainly looking for feedback on the contents of what I say.

BuddyRey
10-24-2010, 03:28 AM
Bump!

AlexMerced
10-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Bump!

Thanks Buddy for the bump