PDA

View Full Version : Can California afford Barbara Boxer?

Agorism
10-21-2010, 08:36 PM
YouTube - ZERO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf1B_wvcmMI)

YouTube - Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mMnPrUh23I)

6 more long years?

YouTube - TV ad: Jobs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWRIMfhwJqQ)

YouTube - Why Carly is Running for U.S. Senate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF--Tl3PX3M)

YouTube - Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCoeWA2PYc)

YouTube - TV Ad: Bickering (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc1aXp0sGAE)

YouTube - Buck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2mDZ0o_3c)

YouTube - A Timeline of Failure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhUuIW428s8)

YouTube - Sir (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j4RF6cx0SY)

Agorism
10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Fiorini bump

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
No one is going to defend or vote for Boxer. But the basic argument is being made in CA that Boxer and Fiorina are nearly identical, so vote Boxer out so we have a new Boxer with less seniority. That is the exact argument I am hearing. The ultimate lesser of two nearly identical evils.

There's a Libertarian on the ballot.

Agorism
10-21-2010, 10:27 PM
I like the candidates background and personality as well though. I'm in favor of Fiorini right now.

RonPaulCult
10-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Guys you are blowing my mind. I am a California voter but I haven't voted yet. Could you please give me some reasons a pro-liberty Ron Paul style Republican such as myself should vote for Fiorini. This is what she says in her statement in the voters guide:

"I chaired the External Advisory Board for the CIA. I'll work for tougher U.S. policy in dealing with terrorists and oppose the administration's policy to try terrorists in civilian court."

RonPaulCult
10-21-2010, 10:33 PM
In contrast, here is what the Libertarian Gail Lightfoot said:

I will defend our constitution' vote to cut taxes, spending and regulations' withdraw U.S. troops from overseas' protect 2nd Amendment; and autid the Federal Reserve."

The choice seems clear to me.

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Guys you are blowing my mind.
Could you please give me some reasons a pro-liberty Ron Paul style Republican such as myself should vote for Fiorini.

No. Sorry. "Not Boxer" is the best and only reason anyone can give.

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2010, 10:38 PM
I like the candidates background and personality as well though. I'm in favor of Fiorini right now.

And you just said in another thread you would never vote for Jim DeMint. Hmmm....

Anti Federalist
10-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Can California afford Barbara Boxer?

No.

Does that mean she'll be voted out?

Of course not.

RonPaulCult
10-21-2010, 10:42 PM
No. Sorry. "Not Boxer" is the best and only reason anyone can give.

Not a good enough reason for me. Sorry.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Since there is a libertarian in the race, I would assume everyone here is voting for her right? You do believe in this REPRESENTATIVE Republic, right? So, that means you will vote for the person who best represents you, right? *crickets*

RonPaulCult
10-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Since there is a libertarian in the race, I would assume everyone here is voting for her right? You do believe in this REPRESENTATIVE Republic, right? So, that means you will vote for the person who best represents you, right? *crickets*

ding ding ding!

Study your candidates guys! I live in CA-12 and I looked up the Republican running against Jackie Spears and to my delight he mentions Ron Paul twice on his website and wants to end the wars. Pretty awesome and I'm happy to give him my vote.

John Dennis is running as a Republican in CA-8 and most of you know about him.

Sadly, most Republicans even in California still don't get it so I am voting mostly libertarian. Some would say it's a wasted vote but voting for somebody that doesn't represent my values is a wasted vote in my book.

Danke
10-21-2010, 10:50 PM
“I know a little bit about Carly Fiorina, having watched her almost destroy the company my grandfather founded. So, allow me to disillusion you of a few of your stated reasons for supporting her,” Packard wrote.

“Most business commentators consider Fiorina's tenure at HP to be a disaster,” Packard continued. “The stock price dropped by 50% only to rally 10% on the announcement of her firing. She fired 28,000 people before she herself was fired, departing with the 21 million dollar golden parachute that is financing her campaign.”

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2010, 10:52 PM
*crickets*

Your sarcasm seems pretty premature considering that the only (singular) person who is supporting Failorina is the person who started the thread.

Agorism
10-22-2010, 07:07 PM
blimp

cindy25
10-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Carly Fiorina can be beaten in a primary, Boxer couldn't

HOLLYWOOD
10-22-2010, 07:11 PM
CARLY FIORINA is the DEVIL.

I know many people that work/served her at her prior firms that gave the low down her... Megalomaniac Sociopathic Narcissist.

Notice that great political video commercial Tom Campbell had out attacking Carly Fiorina has disappeared off planet earth? The most damaging political clip ever.

She a disgusting nutcase

oyarde
10-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Carly Fiorina can be beaten in a primary, Boxer couldn't

True , I would also like to add that with only 100 senators California needs to step up for the rest of us and deliver something that is not Boxer .

ClayTrainor
10-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Barbara Boxer talking to Larry David...

YouTube - Curb Your Enthusiasm. clips from shows I was an extra in CYE anonymous donor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT-Yx9BQK-4)

Agorism
10-22-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm excited to have Fiorini in the senate and not Boxer!

libertybrewcity
10-22-2010, 07:32 PM

I know many people that work/served her at her prior firms that gave the low down her... Megalomaniac Sociopathic Narcissist.

Notice that great political video commercial Tom Campbell had out attacking Carly Fiorina has disappeared off planet earth? The most damaging political clip ever.

She a disgusting nutcase

yea, executives are often assholes. They have to be or they get nothing done. They often make great, efficient leaders.

HOLLYWOOD
10-22-2010, 07:39 PM
yea, executives are often assholes. They have to be or they get nothing done. They often make great, efficient leaders.

Just remember all the felonies in spying on her employees communications Company and Private/Personal/Home, all of them. Notice those crimes got swept away.

I'll have to get that list again when she was at HP on what had to be shipped to her executive suites during travel. Definitely a Marie Antoinette there.

There a great one when Carly Fiorina ran the SALES at ASCEND communications... Her with the Banana as her Dick hanging out of her pantsuit on stage... stroking it... now there's classic.

When I have more time...

Carson
10-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Guys you are blowing my mind. I am a California voter but I haven't voted yet. Could you please give me some reasons a pro-liberty Ron Paul style Republican such as myself should vote for Fiorini. This is what she says in her statement in the voters guide:

"I chaired the External Advisory Board for the CIA. I'll work for tougher U.S. policy in dealing with terrorists and oppose the administration's policy to try terrorists in civilian court."

Not Boxer.

RonPaulCult
10-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Not Boxer.

Sorry, I don't play that "lesser of two evils" game. I don't vote for evil period.

South Park Fan
10-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Why has staight-ticket Republicanism infected RPFs? It seems to have been a gradual transition from Rand Paul to Sharron Angle to Christine O'Donnell to Tom Tancredo and now to Carly Fiorina!?!?!?! Doesn't anyone remember the times when the idea of CfL even supporting Ken Buck (who is an exemplary libertarian compared to types that some here support) was a cause of outrage? Now one gets called out here for NOT supporting neocons.

Brian4Liberty
10-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Are we talking about Failorina, the CEO that was fired? As far as CEOs go, that's a rare honor for her...

Carson
10-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry, I don't play that "lesser of two evils" game. I don't vote for evil period.

I quit too.

I think this may be the exception, though unpalatable as it is.

You made a good point with this post.

In contrast, here is what the Libertarian Gail Lightfoot said:

I will defend our constitution' vote to cut taxes, spending and regulations' withdraw U.S. troops from overseas' protect 2nd Amendment; and autid the Federal Reserve."

The choice seems clear to me.

fj45lvr
10-22-2010, 11:00 PM

you should read Gary North's commentary awhile back on this subject (to just vote out incumbents no matter what).

jtstellar
10-23-2010, 12:14 AM

not really feeling motivated to pull votes for fiorina because

1. i'm not actively campaigning for her, neither is anybody else in this thread seemingly. they are merely expressing who they will vote for.

2. even if i were campaigning for her and i manage to convince every person on this board, it will be like what, 0.00001% of the vote

3. i think the priority is wrong.. like ron paul said, the country will not change by great wisdom gravitating through washington. politicians will change when the people change. right now people are not ready for 100% libertarians, so you're not going to get your perfect candidate at this point in time.

if you're waiting for the moment when libertarians actually become electable, probably 80% of the countrymen will already be converted by then. and quite frankly if you wait that long to sync "principle" with "electability", it's hard to say there's use for your participation anymore.

what i do right now is activism on the grassroots level.. bring up topics about policy/libertarian philosophy at every appropriate family meeting, friend gathering, public discussion and everything else and get as many people converted as possible. as for voting, i am willing to climb the ladder and vote in one ELECTABLE candidate at a time, however minor an improvement it will be.

my devotion to saving this country doesn't stop at internet armchair critique and then a symbolic vote come election time, so to speak. therefore i feel no guilt for not casting vote for a 1% candidate.

edit: BUT, i will vote for someone like john dennis, if a candidate really puts in the effort to make himself visible in the political arena. that vote will be both practical and symbolic, and it's a vote i will cast.

Indy Vidual
10-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Since there is a libertarian in the race, I would assume everyone here is voting for her right?...

In this case, "Yes" please vote LP in CA.

Indy Vidual
10-23-2010, 12:34 AM

She a disgusting nutcase

I'm excited to have Fiorini in the senate and not Boxer!

Given some time and effort, perhaps the two of you could reach an agreement? :p