PDA

View Full Version : Rand will have a news conference tomorrow to address the attack ad

sailingaway
10-20-2010, 06:32 PM
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/10/20/power-play-what-watch-thursday

MRoCkEd
10-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Another? Hmmmmm

UKJRC
10-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I think the guy from Bluegrass Bulletin may be correct. No reason to keep bringing this up, especially in light of Benton saying the campaign was off message, unless they do indeed smell Blood in the water and the ad is backfiring on Conway.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't know what to think anymore. Conway is increasing his ad buy of that commercial, so he seems to think it's doing something positive for him. Paul is holding yet another press conference on this, helping keep the story alive; which makes no sense unless he thinks it's hurting Conway.

Bruno
10-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Don't talk about it, move on.

low preference guy
10-20-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't know what to think anymore. Conway is increasing his ad buy of that commercial, so he seems to think it's doing something positive for him. Paul is holding yet another press conference on this, helping keep the story alive; which makes no sense unless he thinks it's hurting Conway.

Both candidates think the ad will help them. There's no contradiction in that, but one of the two is wrong.

klamath
10-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I hope Rand has it right that this ad is hurting Conway. Otherwise it is making it appear Conway has Rand against the ropes.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Otherwise it is making it appear Conway has Rand against the ropes.

One candidate is ahead by five according to Rasmussen/Mason-Dixon, the other is down five....

thomas-in-ky
10-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Conway's aqua-buddha ad was still running here in KY this morning. Locally, I can tell you it is backfiring against Conway... among democrats.

UKJRC
10-20-2010, 07:02 PM
I have heard people say that he was increasing his ad buys, but everything I have read just says that he is letting the ad run its and course then transitioning to the fair tax attack. Considering the national exposure this ad has received, maybe he thinks he can get more national donors by keeping it up. Or maybe he plans on bringing this woman out from hiding. Or maybe he just has nothing else to spend his money on.

In any event, the Paul campaign either thinks this is helping them, or they are trying to do more damage control. The latter makes no sense because the best damage control would be to change the message back to the issues... I think they are seeing something in the numbers showing the backfire, which would jive with Rand's actions, and the bluegrass bulletin report.

low preference guy
10-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Conway's aqua-buddha ad was still running here in KY this morning. Locally, I can tell you it is backfiring against Conway... among democrats.

do you have some anecdote?

JoshLowry
10-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Or maybe he just has nothing else to spend his money on.

Pretty much. Things that Rand doesn't even recall happening is Conway's only dirt.

Matthews explains the outsider advantage as well as the FUD campaign that Conway has taken on in the last minute of this video.

ItsTime
10-20-2010, 07:09 PM
GET To THE ISSUES!!!!!!

amisspelledword
10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
i think a message of rand saying sometihng like "my opponent continues to attack me with untrue, anonymous and outrageous claims. enough is enough. here's the truth: i support a balanced budget, constitutional govt, making sure than kentucky has more of a say in what happens in the coal mines, and making politicians actually READ the bills they're voting for. im prepared and ready to go to washington to make tough decisions about our future. id be honored to represent kentuckians in standing up against Obama's liberal agenda. please vote for me."

thomas-in-ky
10-20-2010, 07:19 PM
do you have some anecdote?

one:

spoke with a 30 yr old, self admitted RINO this morning who can't take Conway seriously now after the ad. (she's registered R only so she can vote in the primaries in our dominantly R county) I'm pretty sure if there was any doubt in her mind before the ad, she's voting for Rand now.

another:

the RINO wife of a hardcore democrat (hardcore as in, he donates and campaigns for dems, and has served in the dem. county party here, and has democrat signs in his yard and on his car) tells me that if this keeps up, she thinks her husband (the hardcore dem) will vote for Rand. She has already decided to vote for Rand.

and finally:

republicans here that I've talked to (at a parent-teacher conference last night) are brushing AquaBuddha off, and getting even more motivated to vote for Rand. they're aware of the butt-tearing Matthews gave Conway.

sailingaway
10-20-2010, 07:28 PM
The meme the left is throwing out now is that Conway did no worse than Rand did when he mentioned that Trey Grayson supported Clinton in College. Of course Grayson sought public acknowledgement for that, and Rand didn't try to twist it into appearing like some other sort of attraction, or anything, or aggrandize it in any way, nor suggest it made him an evil person.

But to the daily klods it is the exact same thing.

rprprs
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
i think a message of rand saying sometihng like "my opponent continues to attack me with untrue, anonymous and outrageous claims. enough is enough. here's the truth: i support a balanced budget, constitutional govt, making sure than kentucky has more of a say in what happens in the coal mines, and making politicians actually READ the bills they're voting for. im prepared and ready to go to washington to make tough decisions about our future. id be honored to represent kentuckians in standing up against Obama's liberal agenda. please vote for me."
I agree. That would serve him well.