PDA

View Full Version : I’m a cured Democrat, voting for Rand Paul

low preference guy
10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I’m a cured Democrat, voting for Rand Paul (http://bgdailynews.com/articles/2010/10/20/opinion/letters/letter1.txt)

Many responses to Rand Paul’s comments have twisted his words to mean what he obviously never intended.

If his critics knew what all was included in the 1960s Civil Rights Act, and what has been added since, and how often this has been misused in practice as a legal extortion tool against honest citizens, they might understand. It also appears that these critics do not understand “rule of law,” or Dr. Paul’s ability to disagree with certain parts of a law and yet obey it because it is the law. I too was ashamed of the obvious blame-fixing which occupied both the Obama administration and the Democrat Congress while little was being done by them for weeks to minimize the damage of the recent Gulf oil spill.

The only sane procedure was to correct the problem first. Lawyers could have plenty of time to fix blame later. Isn’t that what lawyers do, fix blame, rather than solve problems? The last thing Kentucky needs to do is send another Democrat lawyer to the U. S. Senate. We can avoid that by electing Dr. Paul. His views do not reflect the radical libertarian bias against religion and morality characteristic of atheist Ayn Rand, which ironically, is the only issue on which radical libertarians and liberals seem to agree.

I would have serious differences with a radical libertarian, but the real issue here is false categorization and accusation! We need a principled and articulate conservative voice willing to battle against policies which are bankrupting our nation.

A cured Democrat very concerned about American future.

Jerry Reynolds

Bowling Green

low preference guy
10-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Paul talks issues, Conway talks trash (http://bgdailynews.com/articles/2010/10/22/opinion/letters/letter1.txt)

I was totally shocked when I first heard Jack Conway’s ad claiming Rand Paul to be anti-Christian and full of college pranks and thought “what on earth is he doing?”

Who would want to vote for a candidate who would be so desperate and so low as to endorse an ad like that. Then to think that it continues to air now makes me wonder what kind of people would vote for a man like that who is so lacking in morals as to stoop so low that he has to make crazy accusations like that against his opponent. I do not know either man, nor had I any opinion about either until I saw that ad.

It sickens me and I have seen other dirty ads in my 30 years in Kentucky but this one takes the cake. Obviously Rand Paul will get my vote. He wants to talk about issues and not bring up trash as if it is true from a woman 30 years ago who was probably high on something. Conway get real and talk about issues not trash.

Janet Mott

K466
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Hopefully a lot of that is happening...

BamaFanNKy
10-22-2010, 06:49 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/8/mariobump.jpg