PDA

View Full Version : The Left is making a False Equivalence

Libertea Party
10-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Right wing commentators aren't a 1) CANDIDATE FOR SENATE and 2) devoting hundreds of thousands of dollars (most of it from liberals) in paid advertising to attack a man's religious faith.

When a person who thinks Obama is a Muslim 1) runs for SENATOR and 2) devotes 330K in attack ads on that position then, maybe THEN, they can make that equivalence. In I've included such a script below.

As far as I'm concerned if the next Republican nominee for President puts out a nationwide ad that directly questions Obama's faith and insinuates that he's a Muslim because of his behavior in youth it's now completely fair game. Not only that they can stump on the issue at campaign stops and insinuate his "Muslim beliefs" are why he's doing what he's doing in the Middle East. It's horrible and wrong but that's the new political standard that the Democrats have set. As Jack Conway would put it "Values Matter".

I don't think even anyone (talk show host, cable host etc) of any prominence on the Right has done something like this let alone the nominee of a major party. Unless the DNC/DSCC/Obama condemn this ad stuff like this is fair game for 2012. The DSCC has actually defended it so that's not happening.

The only question that Republicans need to ask for 2012 is the only question that the left is asking about this despicable smear:

"Will it work?"

Here's a proposal for such an "ad". In fact maybe Rand Paul should run it just to drive them nuts:

Rand Paul: I'm Rand Paul. I approve this message.

NARRATOR:

Why did Barack Obama as a member of a Black Liberation church ask "Which Christianity?" and go on to mock the bible, Christianity and Christ?

Why did Barack Obama visit Pakistan and now says the Muslim call to prayer is "the most beautiful sound in the world"

Why do Jack Conway and Barack Obama want to house GITMO Islamic terrorists on American soil and in Kentucky if necessary? Why do they support the abortion of the Christian unborn?

Why are there so many questions about Barack Hussein Obama and his candidate Jack Conway?"

sailingaway
10-20-2010, 10:24 AM
This is as if McCain personally had run TV ads against Obama based on that Larry Sinclair guy's statements. (Am I getting the name right?) AND spun the allegations as fact. And Larry whomever at least came forward publicly so his credibility could be evaluated unlike the craven Ms. Baylor.

Libertea Party
10-20-2010, 10:25 AM
This is as if McCain personally had run TV ads against Obama based on that Larry Sinclair guy's statements. (Am I getting the name right?) AND spun the allegations as fact. And Larry whomever at least came forward publicly so his credibility could be evaluated unlike the craven Ms. Baylor.

Really good point. Even the above stuff can be corroborated by multiple sources if not Obama himself.