PDA

View Full Version : Rent Is Too Damn High Candidate Doesn't Pay Rent

FrankRep
10-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Rent Is Too Damn High Candidate Doesn't Pay Rent (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Rent-Is-Too-Damn-High-Candidate-Doesnt-Pay-Rent-105346278.html)

NBC New York
Oct 20, 2010

HOLLYWOOD
10-20-2010, 09:52 AM
McMillan missed payments on his $800-a-month one-bedroom apartment in Flatbush and his landlord allowed him to live rent free in exchange for maintenance work, Nothing is free... McMillian is a maintenance man for the landlord that works for his rent. Prefect barter-town system... so I don't know what NBC is bitch'n about.

But watch, the state and feds will step in to arrest both of them for not paying into the prison enforced PONZI/PYRAMID/TAX schemes of the IRS, Social Security, Medicaid-care, Unemployment Insurances, and any other BS gimmick "The Establishment" has inflicted upon workers/businesses.

Danke
10-20-2010, 09:53 AM
A little misleading.

"...his landlord allowed him to live rent free in exchange for maintenance work."

Jordan
10-20-2010, 10:06 AM
$800 a month seems incredibly cheap for NYC...

Cowlesy
10-20-2010, 10:20 AM
$800 a month seems incredibly cheap for NYC...

You couldn't pay me $800/month to live on Flatbush Avenue.

Vessol
10-20-2010, 12:06 PM
In a free economy, a man may exchange any form of labor for whatever he may wish :).

As far as I am concerned, he is paying his rent, no?

Maximus
10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Totally misleading headline

Another non-story from our "friends" in the media

Liberty_Mike
10-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Nothing is free... McMillian is a maintenance man for the landlord that works for his rent. Prefect barter-town system... so I don't know what NBC is bitch'n about.

But watch, the state and feds will step in to arrest both of them for not paying into the prison enforced PONZI/PYRAMID/TAX schemes of the IRS, Social Security, Medicaid-care, Unemployment Insurances, and any other BS gimmick "The Establishment" has inflicted upon workers/businesses.

Good way to barter right there. And I agree, I think NBC is bitching on behalf of the state. The state and Feds will crack down on him sooner or later for not paying taxes on his labor or something along the lines of that. Thank you NBC, for selling this man out! Way to intrude in people's lives when they are fighting hard to make it by!

DjLoTi
10-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Totally misleading headline

Another non-story from our "friends" in the media

Good way to barter right there. And I agree, I think NBC is bitching on behalf of the state. The state and Feds will crack down on him sooner or later for not paying taxes on his labor or something along the lines of that. Thank you NBC, for selling this man out! Way to intrude in people's lives when they are fighting hard to make it by!

This is why I rated this thread 5-stars. Gotta love RPFs =)

malkusm
10-20-2010, 12:36 PM
You couldn't pay me $800/month to live on Flatbush Avenue.

Hahaha...this.

ETA: Actually, Jordan, I pay $800/mo. Obviously, I don't live in Manhattan...but that kind of price range can be found pretty easily in Brooklyn.

surf
10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Nothing is free... McMillian is a maintenance man for the landlord that works for his rent. Prefect barter-town system... so I don't know what NBC is bitch'n about.

IRS will come after he and the landlord for not filling out a 1099 or whatever the fuck form they desire. bastards.

Scott Wilson
10-20-2010, 12:47 PM
The state and Feds will crack down on him sooner or later for not paying taxes on his labor or something along the lines of that.

Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pac3lli#p/u/16/BVDM2cicyPY

VBRonPaulFan
10-20-2010, 12:52 PM

nah, the IRS gives you 100 freebies before you're required to report all of your barter exchanges. gee, thanks IRS. barters with a value of $1 or less don't count.

this is the form they'd have to file if they fell in that category though
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f6781.pdf

VBRonPaulFan
10-20-2010, 12:53 PM
IRS will come after he and the landlord for not filling out a 1099 or whatever the fuck form they desire. bastards.

1099-B is what you report it on, then it goes to Form 6781, which ends up going to your Sch D and you get hit with capital gains tax on it.

Todd
10-20-2010, 03:56 PM
YouTube - The Rent Is Too Damn High Party's Jimmy McMillan at the NY Governor Debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0)

:D

EndDaFed
10-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pac3lli#p/u/16/BVDM2cicyPY

He's not a practicing communist so he has nothing to worry about. LOL