PDA

View Full Version : Obama Continues to Omit 'Creator' From Declaration of Independence

FrankRep
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Obama Continues to Omit 'Creator' From Declaration of Independence (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-continues-to-omit-creator-from-declaration-of-independence/)

The Blaze (http://www.theblaze.com/)
October 19, 2010

During a speech (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/10/19/remarks-president-a-dscc-dinner-rockville-maryland) Monday, President Barack Obama once again omitted the Declaration of Independence‘s mention of man’s “Creator” as the source of his “unalienable rights.” While delivering remarks at a dinner fundraiser for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) in Rockville, Md., President Obama spoke about what he called the “essence” of the upcoming midterm election:

As wonderful as the land is here in the United States, as much as we have been blessed by the bounty of this magnificent continent that stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific, what makes this place special is not something physical. It has to do with this idea that was started by 13 colonies that decided to throw off the yoke of an empire, and said, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that each of us are endowed with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

The sole mention of man‘s Creator in Obama’s remarks came at the end when he thanked the audience and said, “God bless you.”

This isn’t the first time the president has selectively edited the Declaration in not acknowledging the role of God in bestowing these rights upon man. During a Sept. 15 speech before the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute’s Annual Awards Gala, the president omitted the religious reference, but the White House dismissed criticism, saying that Obama “went off script and adlibbed when he made that mistake.” But just a week later, the President made the exact same “mistake” speaking during another fundraiser, this time in New York City.

When asked why the president did not use the words “endowed by their Creator” in his Monday speech, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters Tuesday, “I can assure you the president believes in the Declaration of Independence.”

Obama Video
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdSU4zuzqG

SOURCE:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-continues-to-omit-creator-from-declaration-of-independence/

Theocrat
10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Next, he'll likely be saying that the Constitution teaches separation between Church and State, like most ignorant humanists do.

oyarde
10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Exactly what is it that would make him anti creator ?

libertarian4321
10-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Exactly what is it that would make him anti creator ?

Didn't you hear?

Obama is an atheist Muslim with a really bad Christian preacher problem!

oyarde
10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Didn't you hear?

Obama is an atheist Muslim with a really bad Christian preacher problem!

Well I have read that black liberation theology stuff . Even those commies believe in a creator .

klamath
10-19-2010, 05:56 PM
It is kind of erksome that he would quote an historical document and specifically leave out the parts he doesn't like. So what else does he modify to fit his opinions?

libertarian4321
10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Well I have read that black liberation theology stuff . Even those commies believe in a creator .

Some people don't give Obama much credit, but I've got to tell you, it takes some talent to be an atheist and a Muslim at the same time, while having Christian black liberation theology Christian Pastor problems.

On top of that, he's managed to be an American, a Kenyan, and Indonesian, and a Brit all at the same time.

He's a shifty character, I tell 'ya.

t0rnado
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM
It is kind of erksome that he would quote an historical document and specifically leave out the parts he doesn't like. So what else does he modify to fit his opinions?

Christians don't often speak about stoning women for disobedience or about slaves obeying their masters, which is in the Bible.

libertarian4321
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM

His birth certificate?

oyarde
10-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Some people don't give Obama much credit, but I've got to tell you, it takes some talent to be an atheist and a Muslim at the same time, while having Christian black liberation theology Christian Pastor problems.

On top of that, he's managed to be an American, a Kenyan, and Indonesian, and a Brit all at the same time.

He's a shifty character, I tell 'ya.

I think your getting closer . Typical Liberal athiest who used church to further an evil agenda . No way this guy could be a muslim . They pray more a day than he may have in his life .

awake
10-19-2010, 06:13 PM
The idea of God and the idea of government can never share a room for long. One is always trying to deny the other.

FrankRep
10-19-2010, 06:17 PM

Dr.3D
10-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Government seems to be in constant competition with God.
One would think, sooner or later, it would finally come to the conclusion it is fighting a losing battle.

klamath
10-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Christians don't often speak about stoning women for disobedience or about slaves obeying their masters, which is in the Bible.
This is about the DOI not the bible. Ouoting the exact pharse but leaving parts out is modifying something to your opinion. For your snide comment I am not a christian but I do know what was written in the DOI.:rolleyes:

Obama's version.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that each of us are endowed with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

The real version.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

oyarde
10-19-2010, 06:59 PM
This is about the DOI not the bible. Ouoting the exact pharse but leaving parts out is modifying something to your opinion. For your snide comment I am not a christian but I do know what was written in the DOI.:rolleyes:

Obama's version.

The real version.

Even if someone is not a christian , they would believe in a creation . Would they believe in a creator ?

klamath
10-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Even if someone is not a christian , they would believe in a creation . Would they believe in a creator ? don't really want to get into the religious thing. My point is if someone is going to quote a world famous document why would you leave out a section right in the very sentence you are quoting. When he did this the first time I blew it off- a second time shows an agenda.

jkr
10-19-2010, 07:11 PM
soon THE creator may omit him!

oyarde
10-19-2010, 07:12 PM
don't really want to get into the religious thing. My point is if someone is going to quote a world famous document why would you leave out a section right in the very sentence you are quoting. When he did this the first time I blew it off- a second time shows an agenda.

I agree that it is intentional . I did not really want to get into religion as well . What I do not understand is why he is leaving it out .

Sola_Fide
10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Obama's "faith" is Liberation theology, which is simply Marxism. That is his religious faith.

You CANNOT have a power greater than the Creator in Marxism, because the final authority in Marxism is the State.

Interestingly, when I see the kids here post their diatribes against Christianity and God-given Liberties, I always reflect at how slippery the slope to Statism becomes when there is no authority that the State must acknowledge.

Statism is the natural outworking of atheism. When the final authority in this world is man, then power will be centralized in the church of man- the State.

oyarde
10-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Obama's "faith" is Liberation theology, which is simply Marxism. That is his religious faith.

You CANNOT have a power greater than the Creator in Marxism, because the final authority in Marxism is the State.

Interestingly, when I see the kids here post their diatribes against Christianity and God-given Liberties, I always reflect at how slippery the slope to Statism becomes when there is no authority that the State must acknowledge.

Statism is the natural outworking of atheism. When the final authority in this world is man, then power will be centralized in the church of man- the State.

Yes , but they still believe in a creator. I doubt that he does , but he recognizes most do . Not sure why he would leave it out .

awake
10-19-2010, 07:35 PM

Bang on!... The idea of Christianity and God was that this coveted God position was not open to man, and placed out of physical reach. Christianity directly challenged the idea of earthy gods. The Idea of the state has always been to put that seat back in play so to speak.

God? what god? I do not see your god anywhere, therefore I am god, see all of the powerful things I can do?.

Kords21
10-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Maybe Jack Conway should run an ad questioning Obama's actions in terms of Christianity since he seems so concerned about Rand Pauls. I would think omitting "by their creator" is a worse offense. Rand should ask him about that.

Sola_Fide
10-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Bang on!... The idea of Christianity and God was that this coveted God position was not open to man, and placed out of physical reach. Christianity directly challenged the idea of earthy gods. The Idea of the state has always been to put that seat back in play so to speak.

God? what god? I do not see your god anywhere, therefore I am god, see all of the powerful things I can do?.

Exactly^^^

100%

Philhelm
10-19-2010, 08:08 PM
There's another issue that pisses me off about situations such as this. I'm not a religious man, and am more of an agnostic if anything, but I resent the fact that some people have an agenda in which they wish to expunge any and every trace of the Christian roots this country has. To me, it feels like such people deface history. Who really cares if the Ten Commandments are displayed on government property? Who really cares that the word "creator" is used in the Declaration of Independence? Who really cares that our coins display "In God We Trust"? Can't people just ignore it? Is it really that offensive that traces of this nation's culture and history remain? Like it or not, Christianity has had an important role to play in the formation of the U.S., and Western culture in general. Even atheists can attribute some of their beliefs to Christianity, whether they like it or not, or whether they want to admit it or not. I'm not even a Christian, but even I get angered when people fail to acknowledge its importance in the development of Western culture. While we're at it, why don't we tear down the Sphinx, the pyramids, statues of Greek gods, the Hagia Sofia, et al? Would that appease the militant, bust body atheists?

demolama
10-20-2010, 01:29 AM
this doesn't come as any surprise... this is the same government that purposely omitted “When a government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it,” from the Jefferson Memorial's Declaration of Independence.

it is easier to rewrite history when the ignorant remain so

Stary Hickory
10-20-2010, 04:01 AM
The idea of God and the idea of government can never share a room for long. One is always trying to deny the other.

God competes with government.....all dictators and oppressive regimes will try to destroy faith if it cannot be bent to make it serve it's purposes. Nothing any different here.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Even if someone is not a christian , they would believe in a creation . Would they believe in a creator ?

Because they might believe what most people believe... kids are created by parents.

But parent with regards to Creator is like Hebrew with regards to Jew. The term gets dismissed hopefully never to resurface.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Can't people just ignore it?

I doubt that is going to happen because Christians have been persecuting gays and atheists for centuries. Now that the numbers of these two segments of society have grown I don't think gays and atheists are going to stand for any more of the hypocrisy. I doubt some gay couple is ever going to be tolerant about staring at something like the Ten Commandments when they can't even get the couples tax break.