PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove: Tea Partiers Clueless When It Comes to the Economy

AuH20
10-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Please make this go nationwide.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43830.html

Brett85
10-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Seems like this should be in the general politics section.

AuH20
10-19-2010, 03:06 PM
You can move or delete.

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Because now we listen to kr?

Gleaner
10-19-2010, 03:13 PM
At first look at the title of the story I was angry. But after reading it I take K.R.'s comments as a compliment to the Tea Party Movement. He is correct about the differences from the Reagan Revolution. The things he says about the Tea Party is not a slam, just a true political observation. I am proud to be part of the Tea Party Movement and we will make a great difference on Nov 2.

TheDriver
10-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Obviously the standard bearers (dems and GOP) are clueless about economy as well.

See the recession caused by Bush policies (and previous policies) that is being prolonged by the same policies under Obama.

specsaregood
10-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Obviously the standard bearers (dems and GOP) are clueless about economy as well.

See the recession caused by Bush policies (and previous policies) that is being prolonged by the same policies under Obama.

Exactly. It was the establishment GOP drove us into that darn ditch, it was the establishment DNC that floored it over the edge of the ravine.

Last I checked the tea party people haven't gotten a chance to drive yet.

awake
10-19-2010, 03:30 PM
We are all too stupid to question the controllers.

JoshLowry
10-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I bragged about RPF members in the comment section. :)

If Rove actually did some research instead of just shaping the way he wants the tea party narrative to be written, then he'd find out where the spark for the tea party came from as well as a place where thousands of Americans read Hayek, Mises, and of course Paul on a daily basis.

This is as early as I can go back to find the spark behind the most recent revival of a 21st century tea party (October 24th 2007)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=310818

Those forums are as anti-establishment Tea Party as it gets. They are a portion of the tea party heart that Rove either neglects or is unaware of. I choose to believe it's the first.

The establishment came out against the tea party early on in the Kentucky GOP primary and those who were watching have not simply forgotten.

Where do you think Rand got the resources to fight McConnell, Giuiliani, Dick Cheney, and the 17 bailout voting Senators throwing Grayson fundraisers?

RPF members beat their string pulling attempts back with KentuckyFight.com, TreyGrayson.info, as well as a large number of other grassroots fundraisers that ranged from $100k to over $400k.

He wants to you to spit out the tea party. Karl Rove realizes at the core there really are principles not paper or party. That's his problem and he will tell you the opposite. He wants to shape your opinion on the tea party. Why else would he take the time to bad mouth a supposed failing movement?

I don't like to go around beating my chest, but Rove is wrong about how sophisticated the lemmings are.

LibertyEagle
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice post, Josh. :)

LibertyEagle
10-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Exactly. It was the establishment GOP drove us into that darn ditch, it was the establishment DNC that floored it over the edge of the ravine.

Last I checked the tea party people haven't gotten a chance to drive yet.

That's right!!

Dang, we need to be able to give more than 5 +rep in a day.

Thomas
10-19-2010, 03:58 PM
bump!

Chieppa1
10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Why isn't he in prison yet?

Sola_Fide
10-19-2010, 04:31 PM

Great post man!

Matt Collins
10-19-2010, 04:50 PM
It's ok - he is clueless about the Constitution.

Brooklyn Red Leg
10-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Why isn't he in prison yet?

Cause Obama has the same criminals in his administration.

Acala
10-19-2010, 05:02 PM

This is great! Not long ago a woman I know insisted that Glenn Beck started the Tea Party movement. After barfing, I insisted that it was a Ron Paul grassroots idea but I never backed it up. Now I have the thread!

Thanks!