PDA

View Full Version : "Rand Paul can Huff and Puff all he wants. Have the guts to keep commitment." Conway

BamaFanNKy
10-19-2010, 02:41 PM
YouTube - Rand Paul may opt out of last Senate debate because of attack ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK6VANXVZi0)

Michigan11
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah Rand needs to now go on the attack, this is looking similar to how Conway beat his opponent in the end of his primary. I'm sure Rand is ready to roll out some killer attack ads in the coming days.. I hope

MRoCkEd
10-19-2010, 02:55 PM
I think he should debate, but be very well prepared and on the offense.

TheDriver
10-19-2010, 03:03 PM
I think he should debate

Debate what?

The issues or Jack's relentless smears?

How can you debate someone who doesn't offer his position, only fictional positions of the person he is running against?

Brett85
10-19-2010, 03:04 PM
He has to debate now that the race is almost tied.

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah we know JACK needs the debate. Rand has his internals and his strategy and should decide based on that. Certainly not based on Jack.

terp
10-19-2010, 03:09 PM
I think Rand should debate. I also think his "attack ads" should stick to Jack Conway's behavior in this campaign. Conway has hung himself w/ this negative stuff. No need to go in the gutter, let's just point out that is where Conway has been operating from.

BamaFanNKy
10-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I think Rand should debate is it ethical for Jack to name the deciding vote on an ethics commission that is hearing a case based on an ethics charge brought against Jack.

Fozz
10-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Debate what?

The issues or Jack's relentless smears?

How can you debate someone who doesn't offer his position, only fictional positions of the person he is running against?

Jack's mudslinging. Rand needs to know how to counterattack this bullshit.

And Rand Paul needs to attack JACK CONWAY, not Obama.

TheDriver
10-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Jack's mudslinging. Rand needs to know how to counterattack this bullshit.

And Rand Paul needs to attack JACK CONWAY, not Obama.

I agree to some extent.

But when you have 30 seconds or 1 minute to respond to a question and six or seven smears, it just doesn't work out well!

Honestly, even if it costs us the race, I see no point in "debating" Jack Conway.

terp
10-19-2010, 03:29 PM
He should debate just so it doesn't look like he's ducking him. I'd agree that he should go after Conway, but a draw would be a big victory in a debate. Why give them the ammunition?

silverhandorder
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
No debate and attack ads is what we need.

TheDriver
10-19-2010, 03:48 PM
He should debate

These aren't debates, they're more like "girl fights" (no offense ladies)

YouTube - hair pulling blonde girls fighting outside (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUt4abXf2k)

rich34
10-19-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree to some extent.

But when you have 30 seconds or 1 minute to respond to a question and six or seven smears, it just doesn't work out well!

Honestly, even if it costs us the race, I see no point in "debating" Jack Conway.

Yeah, it's like someone throwing shit at you.. You might be able to miss some by tactfully dodging the shit, but if enough is thrown some will stick despite your efforts. This is kind of a metaphor for what is happening. I've noticed that Connie does this in every debate. He'll throw 5 accusations out there in one turn of talking and then it's like as if you can hear in the announcers voice the excitement of trying to setup a sparring match by saying "Dr. Paul your response!" Rand has skillfully handled these tactics thus far and it seems he has been able to flip the issue around to hurt Conway. Imo, all this debate is for is to give Conman one more chance to do his thing, throw some shit and hope it sticks. Not sure if I'd take the chance if I was Rand. I know you're going to get a little fallout from not debating, but you could potentially be getting a lot of fallout if some of Conman's shit can stick, or of course Rand slips up. It's kind of a toss up whether or not to debate the road is bumpy either way. Obviously if Rand goes into the debate and has a performance like the last it's sealed if it's not already anyway.

Maximus
10-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Rand should debate, the only people not debating are incumbents like Pelosi, the people don't like it.

LibertyEagle
10-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Rand should debate, the only people not debating are incumbents like Pelosi, the people don't like it.

Rand HAS debated. Four so far, isn't it?

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 04:16 PM

He already debated 4 times, this would be the fifth and Conway just slung lies and insults at him last time.

People sometimes think we are talking about the FIRST debate.

ItsTime
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Rand should not have agreed to 5 if he did not plan on going through with it. This is looking bad all around. Who on the staff said he was thinking about not doing the next debate, they should be fired NOW. Or is this just more lies by Con-way?

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Rand should not have agreed to 5 if he did not plan on going through with it. This is looking bad all around. Who on the staff said he was thinking about not doing the next debate, they should be fired NOW. Or is this just more lies by Con-way?

It doesn't look bad if you were watching the debates. Conway was out of line and they aren't focusing on issues.

angelatc
10-19-2010, 04:31 PM
It doesn't look bad if you were watching the debates. Conway was out of line and they aren't focusing on issues.

But most people probably were not watching the debates, and for all they know that was the first debate. They heard about it on Morning Joe of Fox & Friends.

The next thing they'll hear is that Rand chickened out of the last debate, because he's not going to get a chance to explain his rationale.

ItsTime
10-19-2010, 04:32 PM
But most people probably were not watching the debates, and for all they know that was the first debate. They heard about it on Morning Joe of Fox & Friends.

The next thing they'll hear is that Rand chickened out of the last debate, because he's not going to get a chance to explain his rationale.

Exactly.

Maximus
10-19-2010, 04:36 PM

Spot on.

People are going to go into the voting booth thinking "Rand Paul skipped a debate"

Rand Paul just needs to do what he has been doing, backing out is going to be far worse. Not many people watch debates, many read about them (or the lack of them)

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Exactly.

Well, there is that. But is that true for people who live in Kentucky? The rest of the country may not have focused on it as much as KY. The race is pretty big news in KY.

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 04:45 PM
I at least think Rand should get proper ground rules.

paulitics
10-19-2010, 06:14 PM
If he skips a debate, it will look very poorly on Rand.

TheDriver
10-19-2010, 06:16 PM
If he skips a debate, it will look very poorly on Rand.

He's already looking foolish as it's on every local news station in KY: Paul may not debate.

If they aren't planning on debating .... might as well and go ahead and take the thumping from the media and get it over with.. Dragging it out will only keep the story going.

Put up or shut up!

Kords21
10-19-2010, 07:42 PM
If I were Rand, I'd show up and be as professional as possible. However, at the first meniton by Conway about the whole Aqua Buddha thing, I'd interrupt him and declare that I'm leaving since my opponent has no interest in debating the issues of the day and would rather rattle on about inconsequential matters. Finishing with "God Bless America" and then walk proudly off the stage.

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 07:45 PM
If I were Rand, I'd show up and be as professional as possible. However, at the first meniton by Conway about the whole Aqua Buddha thing, I'd interrupt him and declare that I'm leaving since my opponent has no interest in debating the issues of the day and would rather rattle on about inconsequential matters. Finishing with "God Bless America" and then walk proudly off the stage.

I think there should be groundrules agreed on that they stick to issues, not college events, before Rand agrees to go, IF he agrees to go.