PDA

View Full Version : [MISES] Dropping the Mask of Ecofascism

Sentient Void
10-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Great article that I *know* you guys will love - from the good ol' Mises institute.

http://mises.org/daily/4768

Modern authoritarian movements tend to adopt the strategy of avoiding talking about or even hinting at the coercion they will adopt to deal with those opposed to the supreme rule of the all-powerful state apparatus. They deny that they are fascist movements and instead adopt a slew of fanciful euphemisms for the coercive policies they propose to inflict on their brutalized subjects. You silly fool! They are not robbing people — they are just "asking them to pay their fair share." They are not micromanaging people's lives — they are just "looking after their health and welfare." They are not silencing dissent — they are just "ensuring tolerance" and fighting "hate." They are not trespassing against private property — they are just "managing the economy." They are not enslaving people — they are just "encouraging volunteerism." Didn't you realize?

I saw the the 10:10 'No Pressure' video, but the other two ecofascist things are pretty disturbing. Especially the one that used taxpayer funds to be created in Australia, and is recommended for public schools, and tell children at what point they should die considering how much more than their 'fair share' of resources they use. Surprised I didn't hear about those.

DISCUSS!